It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return of LIVE.PHP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
After testing the new method used in the LIVE/Firehose pop-up window, the stress on the server is much less than our previous version.

So I've created a single page, in the same live.php location as on the old ATS.2010 website -- this one does not attempt to load the topic in the window that launched it.

The LIVE and Firehose pop-up is still available for members that prefer that while browsing ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

YES!! and a double thank you!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It's definitely a lot faster! Great work

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thanks a ton

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Nice! And thank you for staying on top of things.

I can see myself popping back and forth between live and recent from now on.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm sure there are others who feel the same as I do...

Thank You! Thank You!! Thank You!!! Thank You!!!! Thank You!!!!!

I had been trying to use the 'Beer Stein' and 'Fire Extinguisher' icons, located in the drop down toolbar, but I could never get it to launch the window. That meant, for me, that I had absolutely 0 access to the live.php and 0 access to the latest version.

I thought the new version (pop-up window) was a good idea and it looked nice in the screen-shots you presented in the 'How To: ATS 5/3' thread, but it turned out to be worthless to me, since it wouldn't work for me - or because I simply didn't know how to launch it properly. I clicked the 'Beer Stein' and the 'Fire Extinguisher' in the drop down bar, but nothing happened. (Pardon the redundancy in this post).

Thank Again... This is for you >

P.S.

The emoticons are funny looking, but - please don't slap me ATS - I'm starting to like a few of them. The Devil Horned Smiley, the Halo Smiley, the Cheers Smiley, and the Gun Scowl Smiley are pretty nice. Hmm, they almost seem cleaner and less 'immature' than the yellow emoticons found on almost every forum based site on the web. Instead of the initial generic feel they gave me, they are beginning to feel unique and exclusive to ATS.

Maybe a little tweek here and there can give us a truly unique set of emotive characters.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That scared me when I just tried to navigate today.

Luckily I get to keep the page that I like (am I the only one, haha
)

New is under recent. I'm glad that others have their page back though.

esteay812
P.S.

The emoticons are funny looking, but - please don't slap me ATS - I'm starting to like a few of them. The Devil Horned Smiley, the Halo Smiley, the Cheers Smiley, and the Gun Scowl Smiley are pretty nice. Hmm, they almost seem cleaner and less 'immature' than the yellow emoticons found on almost every forum based site on the web. Instead of the initial generic feel they gave me, they are beginning to feel unique and exclusive to ATS.

Maybe a little tweek here and there can give us a truly unique set of emotive characters.

Well, it appears they might not stick around.. Makes me sad, because I like the stylized look. Of course I like being different. I would be ever so happy if we could have 2 sets. I like the top left ones below, and I like these blue ones. I'll especially miss my devil icon if he leaves.

This post contains the New Contenders for the emoticons
edit on 9/10/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/10/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yeah, I remember talking with BigFatFurryTexan about it several days ago. They planned on working with other members to develop of more acceptable set of emoticons.

Maybe they will consider keeping some of the more unique new ones, in addition to any others that may be added later on.

Edit:

Ah ha! You linked me to the thread I was talking about,

edit on 10-9-2013 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I. Love. You.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Thanks Townsend, this is a good move by having the 3 fundamentals on the one page.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
live.php is not working for me, anyone else having this problem?

just new and most flagged are up and if I click on the thread title, it does not take me to the thread.

Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join