It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Stars" moving around over Fort Worth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
At about 11 PM last night I went out to lay on my hammock for a few minutes and I proceeded to look up at the stars. I was just laying there making patterns out of some of the stars when I noticed 3 of the stars in a triangular pattern moving slowing in the same direction. This did not seem unusual and I assumed it was some sort of aircraft. I then noticed another single light near the other 3 lights moving in a different direction. At times this light would stop, change directions, and continue moving slowly. This same light then suddenly started to move rapidly in a short zigzag pattern. It when it zigzagged it did not come to a complete stop at the end of the motion but instead went right into the next change of direction. This seemed really odd to me as I do not know of any man made aircraft that can accelerate so rapidly and then change direction instantly.

All of these lights were about the same brightness as the surrounding stars and other than the movement there was nothing that would distinguish them from other stars. I have no way of judging distance or size of these lights. I have been trying to come up with a logical explanation for this but so far I cannot come up with anything. The best I could come up with is that the zigzag light may have been a helicopter with a search light on the bottom that was being operated in a zigzag pattern. The light, however, was not that bright and would not have illuminated anything on the ground. I have discounted the "weather balloon" idea as it moved too quickly and changed direction too rapidly. I really don't think it was a UFO as I cannot think of any logical reason for any aircraft to move in a zigzag pattern like that.

Does anybody have any ideas?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by joeandandi

I've seen satellites create triangular formations before as they went along in their orbits, but satellites won't suddenly change direction. You normally have to have next to no light pollution to see satellites as they do look just like stars moving. Not sure if that is what you saw or not. If the lights looked to be at the altitude of typical air traffic and weren't flashing, then you might have something.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I was on holiday last week in a rural part of Wales, UK, and I was able to see the stars much better than I normally can (I live in a city in England). I gazed up in simple admiration of the firmament, and as soon as I did, there suddenly appeared - directly above my head at high altitude in a clear part of the sky (it was mainly clear all over) - a bright orange flash which dimmed into an 'orange star' and proceeded to track forwards across the backdrop of the stars. I would have put it down to satellite, but another one had appeared at the exact same moment about a hands' breadth in front of it at exactly the same time, but without the flash. They proceeded to track an elongated curve from North to South West before disappearing behind some high altitude cloud. There was an element of acceleration involved at one point, but they stayed equidistant so I presume they were operating in tandem. The stars remained visible in between them, so it was two separate objects. Bizarrely, I got the sense that they had been waiting for me to look directly up before appearing - though the mind plays funny tricks sometimes.

After they disappeared (whole thing was around thirty seconds, but the distance covered was significant), I observed some ordinary aeroplanes coming across from East to West, on slightly different flight paths but basically heading West to the Irish Sea, perhaps then to proceed over Ireland to the Atlantic. These had the typical light array of blue, red and white. What I saw prior moved much quicker than the aeroplanes, and seemed to be at a similar altitude, perhaps higher.

I believe in 'genuine UFOs', and also in experimental aircraft, so I guess it could have been either. And no, it wasn't Chinese lanterns - these things were locked in formation and following a defined yet non-linear flight path, equidistant from each other, not flickering but with a single solid 'starlight'. If they'd have sat still in the sky they'd have been mistaken for stars - if they'd orbited in a strict linear fashion I'd have called them satellites; if they'd have flickered, strayed from each other, seemed lower or moved as though pushed by the wind I'd have called them Chinese lanterns.

They did none, so I called them UAOs - Unidentifiable Aerial Objects. I smiled to myself, momentarily intrigued - before going back inside and having a cup of tea. I didn't bother making a specific post earlier as the usual debunking would have been rolled out. I know exactly what I saw, but cannot adequately explain it. Despite being unable to identify the tech, it was tech nonetheless.

The times we live in are curious - yet I feel a lot of this has been going on for a very long time.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have seen similar several times over the years. Particularly when staying at my nans cottage in rural Suffolk.

They have always fascinated me as originally I assumed they were satellites or the space station but the patterns of movement were far to random, yet they were too slow to be debris burning up in the atmosphere. What other explanation could there be for these 'moving stars'?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
It's a pity no video or pictures

I see you like a little vtec KingDoey

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

wmd_2008

I see you like a little vtec KingDoey

Indeed mate, wouldn't mess about with anything else

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I saw similar behavior by an object like a 'ball of light' in Ft. W in 2004. It was much closer thou and flew around a plane coming out of DFW a couple of times. I lost it briefly then saw it hovering as I looked through some trees. It had turn red in center with a red translucent glow surrounding it. Then it went up, started zig zagging up and down, back and forth very fast before moving a little faster than a plane off to the NW.

One thing to remember about sightings in FW...Lockheed Martin has a skunk works division there.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

For me it is not as much the "what" as to the "why" it would make such a sudden and distinct movement. Didn't seem like it could be an evasive action as it did not appear to travel very far in its sudden movements.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

liveandlearn

I saw similar behavior by an object like a 'ball of light' in Ft. W in 2004. It was much closer thou and flew around a plane coming out of DFW a couple of times. I lost it briefly then saw it hovering as I looked through some trees. It had turn red in center with a red translucent glow surrounding it. Then it went up, started zig zagging up and down, back and forth very fast before moving a little faster than a plane off to the NW.

One thing to remember about sightings in FW...Lockheed Martin has a skunk works division there.

Amazing...I saw an orb go by a md-80 departing dfw to the ene....in 2004....it went way out to the horizon, eastward.....and last night ( I'm in Dallas)....I saw two sattelites going opposite directions a little before 11 pm....the northbound one was way faster than the southbound.....in fact, it is the fastest sattelite ever....

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The only tech I know of that can zig zag like that uses high voltage pulsed electricity to lower it's mass to near zero, which also decreases inertia to near zero and produces a very powerful magnetic field around the vehicle........ I heard Stan Deyo discuss this one time..

Could be an alien reproduction vehicle or one belonging to "someone else".. just a thought, as I can't think of anything else it could be according to the description of what it was doing. I hope one day to see one of these things myself.
edit on 10-9-2013 by alienreality because: added

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Some years ago I saw what appeared to be a satellite and watched it for a few moments. Then a smaller 'satellite' came behind it on the same trajectory. It was moving faster than the first one and apparently got absorbed into the first one and then there was only one! If this was a docking of satellites it was very fast and seamless unlike the clumsy maneuvering you normally see in docking maneuvers.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Finally someone else who has seen these things!!

For the previous four nights I have sat out in my garden, usually around 11pm til 4am, looking up at the sky and i've watched these things all night long. I'm beginning to wonder if the stars we see every night may actually be a lie, and instead are some sort of devices or alien watchers.

I try look at them through the iPod Night Sky 2 and they do seem to show up as stars, although this is unreliable because it's a complicated app and doesn't always give a accurate picture.

www.abovetopsecret.com... that is my account of a very similar situation.

This has to be solved people, what are they!?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

These is actually fairly common up here where I live. We simply refer to them as "fake stars", mainly because they remain stationary for periods at a time then dart off in random directions at crazy speeds and angles. (some 90 degrees) Then, they just vanish or shoot off into the distance. UFO sightings in Canada have doubled in the last year or so, which I find very interesting.
You should invest in some night vision binoculars, you will be amazed at what you are missing.

Here is a vid of one of these "fake stars" from a local (it passes over the house near the end),

Did the triangle you see resemble anything like this,
(Example of nightvision UFO sighting at 0:20)

edit on 10-9-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

The first video is pretty close as it was indistinguishable from other stars except for the movements. As for the second video the light remained constant and did not pulsate as that light does.

It is interesting to hear that I am not the only one to have seen something like this. Whatever it was almost couldn't have been a natural occurrence but beyond that I have no explanation.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

'any ideas?'besides the elsewhere mention of lockheed skunk works,may i add 1)the "decommissioned" carswell AFB, 2)the 'defunct' convaiar contractor stationed there, and 3)bell laboratories all in the ft worth/dallas area

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Sorry to wait so long to get back, but that was my exactly my thought and what I told Mufon. It looked like an evasive action but I only saw the one.

The thought occurred to me that whomever it was knew it was being watched and 'showed off'.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

My sighting was in Sept 2004, when was your first one? I live south of FW now and have lots of trees so I don't get to watch the sky much anymore.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Who knows. Lockheed Martin is out here in Ft Worth.

Maybe saw something you shouldn't have hehe.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

I have these all the time over my house in N. Florida. They look exactly like stars but are moving, and I don't have a video camera to try to record them. I really appreciate you posting this video because that is exactly what I see, and often times they appear even higher up. I look for blinking lights and there are none, so it does not appear to be a commercial aircraft.

I think our military have some pretty kewl "secret" stuff and that is probably what I am seeing, but I can't identify it and thus it is a UFO... but could have a really logical explanation.

I have also noticed some very strange lights that are too low to be stars, sit stationary and are way to high to be beacons of any kind. Those are the most unnerving to me. I have seen them sit there for an hour and then just leave. High strangeness happening these days.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I loved the night vision video. Is there any fairly inexpensive one that I might look into getting? I have no video camera, but would love to catch the ones that appear every night over my house. I can see them any night I want to go out and just keep looking up for a while.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join