It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why your cell phone is your new ID and why the government loves this tech

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

They then know who it was who accessed something by fingerprint. Ushering in a tech like that with a mainstream product is the logical step is all and what I was opening for discussion.

I added that in a year or two this will go to facial recognition if the demand is right when released.

then I am unsure what kind of point you are trying to make?

If it wasn't clear enough in the post you replied to, I cant explain any better and agree more than I have, sorry.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Personally i have a straight talk international plan 99 buck smartphone. Wife is English.

I dont really care if they can track my movements in my house or in a rest area bathroom. So what?

My problem with all this selling of my info, if i am the source of some revenue generation, where is my cut?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have a question? I do have a cellphone but I do not have the internet or texting activated on it, so is it still able to be tracked? It is on a monthly plan paid by check not credit card, we have been able to break away from the credit card scam entirely and go cash only for everything we buy. If we can't pay for it with cash then we don't need it bad enough...something along those lines.

On a side note, I think people are losing their damn minds with their cellphones. They have become a major distraction and danger to everyone on the highways. Last year we lost a close friend who was an up and coming family attorney, she was 33 years old and on her way home from work to her young family. She was killed in a single car accident because she was talking on her cellphone to one of her 5 year old twins.

For gods sake please don't use your cellphones while your driving, if not for your own safety think of the other people on the roadways.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've been telling people this for years. Why would TPTB have the need to forcibly implant everyone with a chip when they can do all of the same things with something that you voluntarily carry with you 24/7? With a smartphone, your entire life is on one tiny machine that can be physically tracked in real time. From your financial info to your love and social life. They even have algorithms that can predict what you like or what you are most likely to say or feel about a situation which can be used to flag you if you are deemed a threat to the system. We have finally reached the dystopian future predicted by Hollywood and are about to go into freefall. Buckle up because the ride gets much more bumpy from here on out.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I read about this last year. It made me laugh when the article said "Google partnered with Darpa may have a Solution to pesky passwords" I said people can't be this Stupid to buy into this... "We care about you & want to relieve the stress of forgetting Passwords to make you Happy " Bull #". Hopefully the NSA Revelations will make people more hesitant.

Here is one article ..... gcn.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The gov can track your location via cellphone or license plate reader and soon facial recognition hooked up to every camera on earth.
They can track your online deeds-searches,emails and posts to websites like this.
They can track your spending habits,finances, and utility usage.

Hell they now more about you than your spouse does.

The trend is even greater data retrieval, even more data storage about YOU.Even better programs to deduce what you know,what you think,and how you will act.

This only leaves one question.Why?
Why go thru this huge expense, destroy the fabric of our constitutional structure,and undo what America was.

Why?
What is the goal.
What is the need for this?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Eh..i currently have 3 phones for work..A Droid, iPhone and Windows phone...
If I was worried about people using a phone to track me I wouldn't have an IT job..
Such is life.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

Glad u made a post on this..... I have been telling everyone this since android came out. There is so much power and capability in these phones, completely overkill even. When I was in college I had to do a "How to" speech and my topic was "How to protect ones privacy". I did a lot of research and come to realize if you have a modern day cell phone you COMPLTELY HAVE ZERO PRIVACY! None!

Correct me if I'm wrong please..... But most newer phones with dual core and quad core processors (and older android applies to some features as well) Have some or all of the capabilities as I understand the hardware potential/usage....
1. Metal detector, 2. GPS, 3.wireless online camera front/ back, 4. 3D sonar mapping, 5. Latitude/ longitude/ elevation ect. 6. pressure sensitive screen even does weight? 6. excelleromoter = motion sensitive/ activated, 7. possibly scans our finger print as we swipe or press buttons on or phones? 8. Tracks all internet web traffic, 9. App's have access to most if not all private info ( contacts, calls, text, GPS, battery, ext), 10. Too many people put too much info on their phones out of ease/ coveinience (Not Good) , 11. Infrared sensor, 12. 3D camera's, 13. Let's not forget voice Recognition, 14. Have to have a G-mail or comparable email for the damn phone to even function? 15. Your G-mail links to your Google Plus account ( which separately tracks all of your personal web functions), 16. Possible face Recognition capabilities, 16, Wireless network tracking ( track u by the nearest wireless network)?
All of that connected to a quad core processor?.... Yuuup overkill spy capability. Not sure if the site is "functional" but when I was in web development class and built many websites (as a student), but this cell finity virus I learned of is nasty stuff, It can copy all phone info contacts, and spread through all contacts, while it monitors your activity.
During my time in school however this site existed as a registered domain but under construction for a few semesters? weird?
Considering there actually was a web site for cellfinity.com? and Its a mobile type virus? I'd check it out but I'm typing this from my phone (don't wanna chance the new hardware). Yes our phones do spy on all of us. Someone be earring and check out the cellfinity.com site?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

magesticesoteric
Many of my friends think I'm a freak of nature because I don't use the one I have....I'll take it with me if I'm travelling in questionable weather or on trips but, that's about it.

Between that and not having a face book account.....they get a good laugh at my expense....too bad the joke is really on them.

I do not have a Stupidbook account either. No one I know that is successful in life has one. Anyone famous has someone posting on their behalf. I prefer Adam Sandlers take on it. I don't have time for it. I have a cellphone but it almost never moves. If I actually cared id remove the battery.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldnGone

I also think people assume it would be Impossible to track and monitor everyone in the world and to these people I say ever heard of petaflop speed computers? These petaflop speed computers will do a "Billion Trillion" + mathematical calculations per second. And years ago when I read this in "scientific American" I believe there where over 500 of these computers known to exist in the world.
One of these could easily track Everyone in the world. A Billion Trillion calc's per second ÷ 7 Billion people = Total control.
Probably through D.A.R.P.A's "total information awareness" program? I assume?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I've never had one and I never will so long as I like in dystopia.

Even when a cell phone did nothing more than make calls it was known that could be tapped into at any time even when "off". Every bit of tech put into an iPhone is there to track you. Now they will get your fingerprint, too. Who cares if it's encrypted into the phone when they will surely have backdoors for the NSA. The fact that NSA requires backdoors in everything makes all digital security worthless. It is tracking your location, listening to the audio around you, your video, the new iPhone also has more sophisticated motion tracking to analyze everything your'e doing with it for alleged use with sports and fitness. It's all for tracking you. The apps like the google game where you get prizes and points for having it track you everywhere you go helps train kids that being surveilled is FUN!

I suspect that every country is doing this which is why the NSA can't just stop either. Global tyranny in 3...2...1...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Most of the people that these devices are designed to track and catch know or have a good idea of what these devices can do, therefore if they are planning to commit a crime they will simply leave there phone at home or another location.The average person will be giving up their privacy and many of their rites but the criminals will find ways around these tracking technologies. As there would be a significant market for programs that altered the information that these devices collected i have no doubt that these programs exist or are being developed. Unfortunately it will be the criminal and terrorist ends of society that will have this technology and as the authorities are relying on this technology to catch these people we will not be better of but worse off. Some of this technology has and will continue to catch out some of the very people that are using this technology against us. A perfect example is some not so law abiding offices of the law being caught out by people using camera phones.
edit on 12-9-2013 by Qspeedyrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The big thing here is that now they will have a physical marker on file for anyone who uses these phones as you know that once it is in the iPhone the other follow. A physical marker is better than facial recognition or smartphone tracking. It means if they start to implement biometrics with the TSA or paying for something that they will know it is you, and not just the smart device, etc. that they are tracking.

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
So if you sign up for Obamacare you get a phone....hmmmm....told you so. This way everyone who signs up can be monitored...I mean tracked...I mean have easy access to their doctors because we all know how easy it is to simply call out doctors today for a chat...73 million dollars worth of phones...

Say hello to Obamacare phones.

In Tennessee, those shopping on the new health insurance co-ops could end up with more than just some health insurance. They might even walk away with a free smartphone.

The Nashville Business Journal is reporting that Community Health Alliance, Tennessee’s Obamacare health insurance co-op, is using the prospect of a free phone to encourage folks to enroll:

Community Health Alliance, Tennessee’s health insurance co-op, is running a unique promotional program to drive enrollment in its plans for sale on the exchange: health insurance in exchange for a smartphone.

As part of its Community Health Connection Program, CHA is offering qualified individuals an LG Lucid 2 4G smart phone (or equivalent model), a phone plan and tech support, included as a cost of their health plan benefits. The phone plan includes unlimited talk, unlimited texting and 1.2GB of data.

The idea is to make it easier for providers and patients to stay connected, but it will also help CHA keep track of its member population, many of whom are expected to be new to the health insurance market.

“Members will have the phone number for their CHA representative pre-loaded in their phones and can quickly get answers to questions about their policies,” said CHA Chief Operating Officer Judy Slagle in a news release. “At the same time, we will be able to connect with our members by phone, by email or by text almost instantly with health tips and reminders.”

The co-op received a federal loan of more than $73 million.

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
With the amount of processing power available today, a cell phone is not a necessary item for a human to be tracked. We have so many unique points of identification, from our voice-print to our gait, or the way we walk. Never mind facial recognition, DNA databases, or the license plate of our cars. I have heard that police computers on-board their cars can scan thousands of plates per minute if necessary. So if one is either paranoid, or understands the potential surveillance ability available in the hands of other people (and this includes ourselves, and our own ability to utilise this technology if we so desire), one quickly understands it is very difficult to hide.

What are we needing to hide from? Is it the government, or an ex-spouse inclined to violence? Yes, the technology is there, and it's more intrusive than it has ever been before, but it's also the reality we live in. Owning or not owning a cell phone is irrelevant in my opinion, as either scenario is a dual edged sword. I personally find the world a far easier place to navigate with a mobile phone, as well as a powerful computer, and these tools I use are pretty much a requirement for me to exist comfortably in this world.

I don't think we are currently living in a totalitarian society (at least not in Oz), but as I heard someone else say not that long ago, 'all the mechanisms are in place, someone just needs to flick the switch'. Perhaps I am wrong, perhaps not, but what I do find worrying, and something I never had to deal with in my younger days, is that data is forever, and humans have effectively become trails of data. That data may be all well and good now, but when another Reichstag fire occurs, who knows how the rules may change?

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't have one. And the other point is. They actually think they're barcoding souls and your after life, as if they can contract you into slavery or debt in the afterlife. Banks, governments, etc. Its all illegal (akin to a bully, who is a dark gnostic working for darth vader and thinks he understands cosmic or spiritual laws, writing himself up an IOU on the playground), so denounce and renounce all their fine print and slavery, anything that attempts to enslave you or any of your family, physical or soul family. And demand remedy Spiritually and Cosmically from Slavers.
edit on 3-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The sad truth though is that the majority of people, truthfully, are so selfish they would sell their souls and their grandmothers for anything free. The phone is something that is not required but there are more active phones in America than the population.

I look at those who do not have phones as the same as those who did not do direct deposit. They wanted a check. Nothing wrong with it but eventually, to get somethings that are needed, you will need one. It will be mandatory in a sense.

Is it right, no, I wish to God I was not tied to mine for work. When I forget it at home and go to the store I feel free..
or when I am on vacation and do not have to check my mail.

The flip is that many of those who are poor do not have cars or records and there is no 'database' for them. That is what the PPACA (Obamacare) is doing. It is data collection on a grand scale and is collecting all of the types of information you want to keep private.

Next years tax season will be the final nail in the coffin for many...

<< 1  2   >>

join