It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why your cell phone is your new ID and why the government loves this tech

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by matafuchs

We all have one

I don't.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

buster2010
Makes me happy that I have never had a cell phone. And this is just more of a reason to not get one.

I like the reason your happy,

Me too on both points you make

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

In a year or so they will release facial recognition apps for your smart phones.

The company that have created this tech for airports to use are developing this for our ease of use

Yeah sure it will make usage easier, but what other doors does it open?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I understand that not everyone has a cell phone but not everyone has a tablet or a computer either. However, there is a record of you. The point of the OP is that the noose is getting tighter and tighter and the ability to not expose yourself smaller and smaller. If you post on this site or surf the internet there is no sense in saying "i don't have one" about a cell phone. It is inevitable.

Like money. 20 years ago debit cards were something that not everyone had and people said money will never go away. I can go to some places, use a 20 or some change and you get a look like you are from another planet. The pre-paid debit card is another good example of how you can be tracked. Touted as an alternative to a paycheck or if you do not have a bank acct get one. The one people use so that their 'bank' or the system does not know about them for paychecks and such...there is an SSN that is tied to that card from your work. If not, is is also easier to hack and find your financials from a check cashing place than BOA. The tendrils are everywhere. The lost goes on and on with tech.

It is a generational thing. It used to take 3-4 generations for 'change and progress' and it is down to about one now.

Video games. Remember the joystick games. Those were not for us as adults, but our kids, so they could become second nature with them and hey, how are those drones flown now? Tablets and smartphones? that is how they will control them in the future and a 3 year old knows there way around one like it is second nature. Prep for the next big thing to use.

Google Glass? How about point and shoot? If you think there is no already a militray application you do not know your government. To me it is not about fear but about how far it can go and how intertwined it will all be soon.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

So I had an interesting thought the other day, what if cellphones are the mark of the beast religious types talk about?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This made me think of back when I was in high school. My biology teacher was talking about how things evolve, and he mentioned how he felt that cell phone numbers would be like your social security number. This was about 15 years ago.. Now I feel old

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

If you are not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

...that was a joke, right?

edit on 10-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

what if cellphones are the mark of the beast religious types talk about?

Not that I am particularly religious but, I always figured it was Paypal.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

I had that thought a long time ago. So many wanted to say it was a chip that would be implanted but that would require a procedure. Something was needed that everyone would have. Everyone could use. Everyone had access to. Everyone could become addicted to. This way the news can be taken away all together and we can be updated by the smallest of snippets on our phones with Alerts.

Twitter. Do you really think that with all of the bandwidth out there and how large it is that we need to only put in so many words. No, it is again to dumb down and consolidate thinking. ADD was 'promoted' because now all of those kids who need quick satisfaction show the signs. Not being able to focus on anything for a long period of time because everything is snippets. Then they can medicate us and our kids to slow us down and make us dependant. Oh yes, go down the rabbit hole here. It is all about control with drugs and technology. Making you think you need something or something is wrong with you or someone else in your family.

Then, when someone comes off those drugs you can have incidents like you do in almost every mass shooting there is. A vicious cycle and it plays itself now.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
it is pretty cool tech...

Link
and another

Link 2
edit on 10-9-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Thumb prints, facial recognition, its all irrelevant!
We are creatures of habit, and that identifies us, ALL of us.

Smart phone or just ordinary cell phone, irrelevant.

All cell phones talk to the transmitter masts, and they leave behind you precise location, gps is NOT needed.
Each of us are habitual in our daily movements, and we take our cell phones home with us.
Our movements become our signature! They can tell who we are simply by looking where the phone is when your asleep! If your house is big enough they can even know what bedroom your in.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I have a phone. I leave it at home. I never text and only have two numbers in it. Mom and Wife.

It doesn't travel with me, ever. I figure if there's a reason to call 911 then there will be about 100 other people with iPhones around to make the call.

I don't do facebook. I don't do twitter. Nada. Barely do e-mail and that's just for work.

Surf the internet with ghostery and anonymoX. first level ip masking and blocking... low speed to be sure, but it's a good start.

edit on 10-9-2013 by tangonine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

InhaleExhale

In a year or so they will release facial recognition apps for your smart phones.

The company that have created this tech for airports to use are developing this for our ease of use

Yeah sure it will make usage easier, but what other doors does it open?

They already have that. I had a google nexus phone last year. (last 3 months, POS) but you could set it up to facial scan to unlock it.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I have two cell phones. Both are prepaid, one I have my name attached to, the other is an older model that isn't capable of running any apps, lacks a camera, has no name attached to it, and usually has the battery removed.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

desertguy
If you are not doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

I hope this is not a serious statement! You have much to worry about regardless of whether you are doing anything wrong or everything right. Purely neutral or even positive things you say or do can be taken out of context and interpreted in ways that would make it seem you are acting illegally or supporting illegal behavior and even treason.

And all that has to happen for this to occur is that you come up on someone's radar as a possible person of interest. The key words of today may not, in fact will not, be the crucial key words in the future. How would you know what you say today is not going to be considered potentially treasonous or make you a person of interest 5 years from now? Or twenty years from now?

Does anyone actually believe that the current model of the justice system is to find the truth or to protect an individual's civil rights? It's really more like the police and feds are engaged in attempting prevention of construed future "crimes" and the lawyers are playing a game of statistics -- basically keeping track of how many times each lawyer won or lost and the truth of guilt or innocence makes no difference. You are of no more importance to them than the daily weather.

Here's a scenario that could happen in today's legal environment. You like to eat at a particular restaurant and go there for lunch every Tuesday and Friday almost without fail. You get to know the owner and a couple of the staff pretty well. And, by the way, you prefer to pay cash instead of charging. The cops end up busting the owner and a waiter as a major drug dealer. And you have posted on various BBS's a number of times in the past year that certain drugs should be legalized. In fact, you feel passionately about this and have really defended your position. Because you were there a lot and were seen making transactions with cash you became a person of interest. From your cell phone, they have records of where you go and when. Maybe you frequent a bookstore or art gallery in an area that, unknown to you, has a park nearby with high drug sales. You haven't done anything illegal, but on the surface you don't look all that innocent anymore.... All you need to end up being arrested and maybe convicted is a fed or cop who wants a little career boost and is willing to plant some evidence on you during an apparently (to you) traffic stop.

Naw, that's never happened before! No government employee ever fabricates evidence, right! Besides, you know you have done nothing wrong -- and you really believe that you have nothing to worry about. Really, you don't. Well, maybe you will rethink that as they slam you to the ground and handcuff you.
You're gonna love hearing one of your co-workers tell the jury about how you sometimes talked about legalizing drugs at work. And oh, he saw you give someone who used to work there a pain-killer when they had a bad headache..... Yeah, you recall it was Tylenol, but that didn't get mentioned. On cross examination, he claims it was a oxycontin. Funny, that's what got planted on you at the traffic stop. Who's going to believe you now? Hmmmmm????

Just keep repeating the manta: If you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about. Maybe it will all go away by itself?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

In the late 1960-1970 in Northern Ireland all land line phones were tapped, also teletypewriters were tapped. If they were doing that 40 years ago is it any surprise they are tapping every phone in the world today. I think this is something we can do nothing about so perhaps its just best to get on with your life but always remember you are never alone with your phone, or your PC

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I understand that not everyone has a cell phone but not everyone has a tablet or a computer either. However, there is a record of you.

Not saying there isn't, I had high suspicions as back in the late 90s when I began using the net that its data collecting project.

If you post on this site or surf the internet there is no sense in saying "i don't have one" about a cell phone.

Your title correct me if I am wrong states "cell phone".

The points I see you put in your first paragraph of your OP state is this a way to "track" everyone.

Cell phone, GPS, I assume when you say track and giving free phones out to those who cannot afford them is a way to have a GPS location to "track" where people are.

If there is no sense in saying I have no cell phone why is OP asking the question are free cell phones to make sure everyone has one a way to locate/track a person?

I agree that its a scheme to make that possible but I am saying I have not got one, if I was offered one for free I was kindly refuse, If I was forced to have one I would eat it and ask for another serving.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

If it does not pertain to you, not having a cell phone, then I am unsure what kind of point you are trying to make?

An OP is a discussion starter. This is about why the government likes cell phones and the tech that they can use. However, that same tech is used in computers and tablets. They are dots that are connected very easily.

The underlying message is that there is a digital database that contains everything you do and have done electronically. Until now, there was no way to definitely define you to that activity. Biometrics are used in many companies not just for security but to end password sharing. They then know who it was who accessed something by fingerprint. Ushering in a tech like that with a mainstream product is the logical step is all and what I was opening for discussion.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

buster2010
Makes me happy that I have never had a cell phone. And this is just more of a reason to not get one.

Never had one either,don't plan to ever have one.

I have seen quite a few accidental deaths due to them,I am quite aware people are targeted for them by criminals.Then you have the issue of it tracking you,which imo is the least of your worries out of the 3 lol.

As for the same technology,while basically true there are options available to mask ones identity on a PC that just aren't available on a Smart phone,yet.
edit on 11-9-2013 by canDarian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join