It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on camera: Deputy brutalizes a family in Houston, Texas (beats everyone)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
QUOTE:

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas -- Harris County investigators said Deputy Jimmy Drummond was caught on dash cam video brutalizing a family.

Drummond followed the son home because he said he was speeding. As other family members approached the scene, they were all beaten.

The son's ribs were broken and his father's face was bruised. The mother was dragged.
Deputy Drummond was charged with official oppression and is due in court on Friday.
END QUOTE:

www.khou.com...

You have to wonder what was said to instigate this attack? I know of nothing verbally that could justify these actions by this deputy...Have you noticed how when they get someone down it is becoming more accepted police procedure to kick someone and billyclub (night stick) them senseless?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The fat cop in particular kicking the guys whos not only down but already has two cops on him...

What the heck is the fat cop achieving here? His two cop buddies look like they wanted to say something, i wonder why they did not?!

How can the cops be so stupid as to break their own laws they are out to protect and then catch themselves on their own cameras. Nothing more than half trained apes with guns and cruisers

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Not sure why your link won't work for me.

But, I have been wondering for a while now, what the heck happened to the psych exam officers are suppose to go through, to become police officers? I was told by a family member, many years ago, that it was pretty extensive.
How are all these nut jobs getting though to become police officers?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

what the heck happened to the psych exam officers are suppose to go through, to become police officers?

Well, they wouldn't have very many police officers then, would they?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

As an outsider looking in its kind of hard not to draw parallels between
American Police, and The Policemen of the world.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I do not know your location but I get stuff blocked all the time (or stuff is not accessible) when I am overseas...Iheart radio is one of the conglomerates that blocks outside the states....I am not aware of KHOU blocking but maybe they do....?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Probably not, but listening to the retired state police officer, (in the family) seems the older officers around here really don't understand how so many crazies are getting in.
Maybe the problem is, that they are somehow outsmarting the exam?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think the older officers know exactly who they have in their ranks.... some of them are just like the young ones, but have mellowed with age. They cover for each other when they can, the thin blue line, you know. Sometimes an officer does something that they can't cover for and they have to throw them to the wolves.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Well, I'm in MI, but it could have something to do with my work computer, although it isn't usually a problem.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What am I missing for wondering why the OP is indicating only ONE cop has a problem here? They looked very cooperative. The fat one kicking the stuffing out of someone on the ground was definitely not the same one throwing someone to the ground in the last shots. Looks to me like the defendants table ought to be a group thing in this case??

This is also what I was talking about in the rant I wrote about how this crap has to stop. GOOD cops...if a single one of those could be called that, should *DO* something. If a citizen was kicking the stuffing out of another citizen, right in front of them, would they stop it or play like the 3 monkeys for evil?

I'd say all the cops there are guilty just as all the members of a gang are guilty on something for standing around a group beating of some innocent person. This gang had badges and they were still beating innocent people.

* Good cops tolerating this.....MAKE this happen...so respect for BOTH good and bad is dropping regularly, as this gets worse.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

ABC news covered this case:

QUOTE:
A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York upheld a lower court’s decision that the city did not discriminate against Robert Jordan because the same standards were applied to everyone who took the test.

“This kind of puts an official face on discrimination in America against people of a certain class,” Jordan said today from his Waterford home. “I maintain you have no more control over your basic intelligence than your eye color or your gender or anything else.”

He said he does not plan to take any further legal action.

Jordan, a 49-year-old college graduate, took the exam in 1996 and scored 33 points, the equivalent of an IQ of 125. But New London police interviewed only candidates who scored 20 to 27, on the theory that those who scored too high could get bored with police work and leave soon after undergoing costly training. END QUOTE:

Like you I know a few retired detectives who just shake their heads and thank their lucky stars they are out and retired.

Wrabbit said:

What am I missing for wondering why the OP is indicating only ONE cop has a problem here? They looked very cooperative. The fat one kicking the stuffing out of someone on the ground was definitely not the same one throwing someone to the ground in the last shots. Looks to me like the defendants table ought to be a group thing in this case??

Exactly !! It has become more of a gang mentality....instead of to serve and protect they are bowed up, "hey you better not even look at me or film and I (we, me and my buds) will mess you up sucker"!

edit on 10-9-2013 by 727Sky because: reply to wrabbit

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Will I do agree that that is the case more often than not, that is what got my attention.
When having a conversation with a few retiree's, about some of the more brutal cases involving police that I have read about on here, I was surprised by their opinions on them. They weren't ok with the brutality of the regular, average joe, that is going on more and more.
(And yes, comments were made about drug dealers, gangbanger's, ect that didn't share the same sentiment.)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

So, I just want to put it out there that, not all police are violent oppressive hateful people with a grudge. I know a few Houston police officers very well. I grew up in the Houston suburbs and spent a majority of my childhood in the Boy Scouts (some of the best times of my life) and about half of the guys in my troop ended up becoming cops, and they are some of the most genuine people I know. They are the ones that would help an old lady cross the street or help show kids there is a lot to do besides criminal mischief. They are respectable and just want to make the community a better, and safer place to live. This guy in the OP is a fluke as are most of these cases. He became a cop for the wrong reasons. He was probably bullied as a child, raised to fear those not like himself and so on. It's sad that these bad apples are the ones that get all the attention. Maybe we could spend a day highlighting the good that some police officers do for the members of their community just to bring it back into perspective, because polarizing them as all bad is like having a tumor that eats away at the truth that not everyone is bad and a majority of people do things with the right intentions...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

That is crazy!
Wouldn't you want someone with a higher intelligence? Wouldn't they be more apt to think something through before acting? Think about consequences?

Or maybe it would be the case of "book smart and no common sense?"

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is from the Texas Penal Code:

Sec. 39.03. OFFICIAL OPPRESSION. (a) A public servant
acting under color of his office or employment commits an offense if
he:
(1)intentionally subjects another to mistreatment or
to arrest, detention, search, seizure, dispossession, assessment,
or lien that he knows is unlawful;
(d) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

IMHO Official Oppression is totally inadequate since a Class A misdemeanor only gets a possible year in jail in Texas. Although it would result in the loss of the officer's job, it may or may not result in him losing his license to be a law enforcement officer. After looking at the video - and remembering we didn't see the entire assault - I would conclude that felony assault charges would be more appropriate. Of course Houston is in Harris County and it's not unusual for handcuffed suspects to end up dead in custody or thrown in the ship channel, so maybe the family could be considered "lucky".

I look forward to the civil suit that's bound to follow because the department SHOULD be held accountable for at least full medical coverage, not to mention punitive damages.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

If we all just stand by and let it go on then we should not cry about it. One good cop there could have stopped the FAT PIG.

Look people if you "See Something, Do Something".

If you have a good Sheriff support him, if you have a bad one get his butt voted out and get another.
It's time to force the Sheriff to do his duty and arrest his thugs.

edit on 10-9-2013 by miconATSrender because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

I want to add that along with that year in jail, 2 years of intensive (meeting 2 times a week with P.O.) probation and mandatory anger management or other psychiatric counseling, and huge fines can also be applied to the punishment. Also, if the judge finds that drugs or alcohol were a factor they could add as many required AA/NA meetings weekly, as they deem fit.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Well. if that was my Mother or Son that got attacked like that I am unsure I could just let the "system" take care of it.

They say the charge is oppression. I would say more like attempted murder. Until people actually start taking these cops to task with extreme prejudice, its going to continue to happen. That fat cop sure could use a "tune up" in my opinion. There is no reason for a human like that to be walking the earth let alone a cop...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Houston has an grand history. Here is a highlight. The 70's were particularly fun.

Murder of Joe Campos Torres

Joe Campos Torres (December 20,1953 - May 5, 1977) was a 23-year-old Vietnam Veteran who was beaten by several Houston police officers and subsequently died. His death sparked protests and the outcome of the trial was met with rioting.

Incident

Torres had been arrested at a Houston bar for disorderly conduct. Six police officers took Torres to a spot called “The Hole” next to Buffalo Bayou and beat him.

The officers then took Torres to the city jail, who refused to process him due to his injuries. They were ordered to take him to Ben Taub General Hospital, but instead of doing so, the officers brought him back to the banks of Buffalo Bayou and pushed him into the water. Torres’ body was found two days later.

Trial and aftermath

Officers Terry Denson and Steven Orlando were tried on state murder charges. They were convicted of negligent homicide and received one year of probation and a $1 fine.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 9/10/2013 by roadgravel because: add link

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Saltedslug
reply to post by ganjoa

I want to add that along with that year in jail, 2 years of intensive (meeting 2 times a week with P.O.) probation and mandatory anger management or other psychiatric counseling, and huge fines can also be applied to the punishment. Also, if the judge finds that drugs or alcohol were a factor they could add as many required AA/NA meetings weekly, as they deem fit.

That would be better than time off with pay which is what most of us pedestrians read are the procedures that are followed when a cop is caught red handed breaking the very laws he is supposed to uphold.

Time off, pedestrians have short memory spans.... just wait and it will all blow over...We will keep your job warm for you....

As you, I have friends I shoot with, DEA, ICE, and believe it or not a couple of months ago I sold 6 firearms to some cops in Houston who are friends and acquaintances of mine... Not a bad apple in the whole group to my knowledge.... if they would standby and let something like this go on I would be very surprised....

One thing I have read here at ATS and it took me a while to get a grasp of what the posters were saying is actually demonstrated in this video... Back-up rolls up and see a scuffle... First, get control of the situation and then sort out what is going on.... Problem is if the cop was wrong (rogue) or instigated the confrontation and the pedestrians are already defending themselves the arriving officers will beat them down to get control regardless..

The boys in blue/black are gonna protect their own just as a squad of military will for one of their own squad members.... Then the whole sorting thing will occur but usually it will include a laundry list of offences for the pedestrians.

IMO the videos of cop beat downs and continued beating or tasering until death is totally unacceptable.. Think to many cops have watched cop movies or Judge Dread and have no regard for human life much less the law of a matter. "Us and Them" seems to be a common thought pattern in many of these cases which unfortunately is a normal thought process for team players.

Thanks for posting this case kinda makes my point
Murder of Joe Campos Torres

Joe Campos Torres (December 20,1953 - May 5, 1977) was a 23-year-old Vietnam Veteran who was beaten by several Houston police officers and subsequently died. His death sparked protests and the outcome of the trial was met with rioting.

Incident

Torres had been arrested at a Houston bar for disorderly conduct. Six police officers took Torres to a spot called “The Hole” next to Buffalo Bayou and beat him.

The officers then took Torres to the city jail, who refused to process him due to his injuries. They were ordered to take him to Ben Taub General Hospital, but instead of doing so, the officers brought him back to the banks of Buffalo Bayou and pushed him into the water. Torres’ body was found two days later.

Trial and aftermath

Officers Terry Denson and Steven Orlando were tried on state murder charges. They were convicted of negligent homicide and received one year of probation and a $1 fine
edit on 10-9-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

edit on 10-9-2013 by 727Sky because: removed some of

top topics

<<   2 >>

join