It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marshall if you are out of country?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
We are leaving for Ecuador this Friday and after a conversation with my sister, I started to wonder:

What happens if we are in EC and Marshall Law is declared in this country? Can I get back in? Would the American embassy be able to help me.

I will be there one month while Husband only 2 weeks...So I will be there 2 weeks longer and alone.

I do not know where to look this up?? I only have a USA passport.

Does anyone have a clue about what would happen or what I could/should do?

Thanks soo much for any thoughts or tips or links on this subject! - Pam

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

My though is... Martial Law means curfews and very limited travel, if any at all. So I think getting back in would not happen. I think all modes of long distance travelling would be halted.

edit on 10-9-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Well, I'm not sure who Marshall is, or what his law is, but as for Martial Law occurring while one is out of the country, I'm not sure. I'd imagine you'd have more checkpoints upon entry/re-entry of the US. I don't know offhand how much more difficult they would make it for citizens to re-enter, however.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

You might be safer staying out of the country if they declare martial law.
I wouldn't worry about it, the chances of it actually happening are very slim.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

I doubt anyone will declare Martial Law while you are gone.

As far as I am aware it is a rather rare thing, and when it does happen it is usually a result of a major natural disaster, or something equivalent to this.

But in case something like that should happen, I would contact the American Embassy in EC and ask them for guidance.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

So sorry about the spelling - I was not thinking about that but about the subject - oops.

Do you think the embassy would help? I will have limited CASH and not sure if US Credit Cards would even work?

Just thinking about the Syria problem at this time.

Thanks again for the replies (and spelling!) - Pam

edit on 10-9-2013 by mappam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

I don't see any reason why the conflict in Syria, should ever result in Martial Law in the US. Perhaps in case of terrorist attacks. But I find it unlikely.

I was supposed to fly from Denmark to the US on the 12. of september 2001. Obviously I didn't. I flew to Toronto a few days later and took a train across the border instead. I think it took some 15 hours to cross the boarder, but even after that dreadful day, it was still possible to get into the states.

So I seriously doubt, that anything would happen, so that you couldn't return.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I would say No. If there was Marshall law called into play, then everyone would be limited or prevented from travelling in and out of the country. I would bet that in the coming months this is the last thing you should be worried about. If travelling to Equador, I would be more worried about the US dollar crashing, and your money being worthless while trapped inside a foreign country. It would be a long journey back the US if that was to occur, and you might be better staying out of the US if a SHTF type scenario happened. Just live life, Laugh alot, and stop worrying about things that cant be stopped with your own two hands.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think the closest we've seen since the Civil War was 9/11 and the national shut down of air transport that followed. That was weird, having 100% empty skies. It was narrow, focused and short term though. Anything like it would have to be....as the US suffers enormously every hour something like that is happening.

It's a bad time to be out of the nation, IMO...but you're going the right direction for about the only place in the world not next to a hot spot with the potential for war of some kind. There is that to consider. You'd get back if the borders closed for some major emergency...but it might be some delay.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I don't personally know of an instance in history where the US has declared martial law country-wide any way.. I think declaring martial law would be limited to particular region and would probably be declared by local government.. in which case it wouldn't affect your international travels.

We'd have to be in a major country-wide disaster situation for that to happen which I don't see happening any time soon.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If nationwide martial law in the US is declared, you'd be a lot better off staying in Ecuador, maybe permanently. I know of several US citizens that are investigating that country and buying land there as we speak because they're so disgusted with the way things in the US are going.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If there was a country wide martial law happening, why would anyone want to return to that?
I would just look for a job in Equador and be thankful to not be in the US.

top topics

join