It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get the feeling you're being played yet?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

When are you going to start learning the entire Bible instead of repeating things that are not true? If you are going to learn any of it at all, learn all of it.

I'm not going to explain here in this thread where you are wrong, because this is not the place. But I have said it before elsewhere.

It would be wise for you to judge the present by the present; and then when the present actually meets the spiritual criteria for the prophesied events, THEN you will know it is time, even at the doors.

Stop taking prophecies out of context and applying them to the definitions which the enemy and men created for their own selfish purposes. They intend to try to recreate the end times events, and they will fail, as Daniel predicted. For they will "seek to fulfill the prophecies, but they will fall."

Now there are wars and rumors of wars; but as He said, "There is still a little time yet."

A little time never means just a few days, if you've ever studied.

As well, see how the Pharisees and the scribes were so incredibly knowledgeable about the Scriptures, and they knew the time was close, and -yet-, they turned out to be completely and utterly wrong about the actual manifestation of the prophecies; to the point where they were the very enemy of whom they would warn, and the One they sought became their enemy.

And how much less wisdom do the self-proclaimed prophets have today? Much less.

This is a kind of rebuke to all of you who are attempting to apply this to the last days; when you see people marrying and giving into marriage and being happy and everything seems like a "golden age"; THEN it will be the time of the end.

Or was there strife in Egypt before Moses came? NO. Everyone had become so content with their position that they complained God Himself was trying to kill them by saving them.

If you are a Christian and you are suffering, heed those words.

Now these events do inevitably, in reality, eventually lead up to the prophecies. But using those prophecies as a means of discerning what is the right course of action at this very moment will cause you to fail, and to be seen as not faithful (because you will be found wrong, and you should trust me, you DO NOT want to be on that end of the stick); and then who will you lead to the Lord? But you will cause people to run farther away because they see how blind you are and using His name at that. Though it will be forgiven, the discipline is horrible. I know from personal experience.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Don't forget what tomorrow is------9----11----2013 Crossing my fingers for a peaceful day!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

If "everyone" is pointing the finger every other way, doesn't that leave the possibility that nobody over there is absolutely sure, perhaps because it was orchestrated by, or with the help of CIA operatives?

I'm simply uncertain about your certainty. People who are sure of their selves tend to have a huge blind-spot right in front of them.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by webedoomed

I'm extremely wary of people that argue while admitting they themselves do not understand. Unless you are claiming that my surety is disallowed and yours is not?

But I do assure you, it was Assad's job to act and he has done nothing but whine, point the finger in a general direction away from himself, and lie. Do we not learn from experience? Things for which we condemn our own leaders, yet we forgive, and also f
glorify in another.

Make a valid argument for once, somebody with conviction! Where are you? Behold, the few that here have seen the arrogance and spoken.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

TarzanBeta

Firstly, Obama seems to have no fear continuing to be demonized for his speech, neither his actions. Don't you find that a little interesting? Some say it's because he is just playing his part. But the man is human, also. He will possibly have nowhere to go in this world for him and his family to enjoy at all, anywhere, because of the action that he is willing to take. In order for someone to sacrifice so much, he must believe in -something- opposed to his own aspirations. There is some credit due here.

I, by myself, could play all of you like this, if I so desired. Imagine what an entire community of elite conspirators can do to you.

Okay, first of all, that description about the men ganging up on the woman in the bar was pretty disturbing. Women aren't resources.

Second of all, yeah, you hit upon an important point. Believing in something opposed to one's own aspirations allows for Western society to function.

If that falls apart, not a single one of us is going to be able to survive in a world where everyone is out for themselves. And we are quite possibly headed straight there.

And the last sentence of yours I quoted. I don't think that is good at all that you can do that if you wanted to. Although this is not a personal insult, I mean it as a symptom of the future.

Think about a world where everyone could "play all of you like this." How quickly would your personal bluff be called? How long until it got exhausting? How many years do you think you would make it out of 30 or so?

Just some meta-analysis. Actually, I agree with your thread, I'm just adding another level to it. All of the psychological evidence presented in your thread actually points to someone with your perspective trying to play people, possibly without even realizing it.

My immediate reaction is to come to the exact opposite conclusion than the one you are presenting.
edit on 10-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
All I get from this post is that you are well versed in the rules of debate. You don't present any facts to support your concept, which is all this is. A very interesting concept I will say but a concept only. On a site like ATS I understand facts are a rarity so you may come back with something like "there are no facts to support otherwise." That is true, at least facts that we can trust. Which is why we can't just trust what you are saying. You say our president must believe in something more and that is why he shows no sway to the publics opinion. It may be simpler than you think. Obama said a while back that using chemical weapons would be the last straw. Syria just attempted to call his bluff (or not depending on what you believe) and he does not want to back down. So you see, you are not shedding light on a subject that you think we are in the dark about. You are just creating a conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Wow. I think the media is trying to convince people that bombing Syria is okay and they are ignoring the evidence that the rebels were behind the gas attacks. So we disagree there. I also find it funny that you use such along analogy to explain your thinking it reminds me of the talk radio folk. Here's where your analogy it the most wrong, America is not under any threat so there is no need to act. Obama wants to bomb Assad's side. That would be helping alciada in Syria. That would be helping the same terrorist behind both 9/11s. It should be considered treason and beyond that it it's morally wrong to the people of this country and it is morally wrong to attack murder with more murder when all it will cause is even more death.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Quite honestly, what in the world are you talking about? Trying to goad you into a T&C violation?

The irony. I tell you a story about people that are trying to manipulate you; you deny that, and yet you attribute to me the power to be able to goad you into something which never at all even crossed my mind. I'm not the one with a demon.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You're right about us being played, but you're totally wrong about who's trying to play us. It's not the Syrians, it's our own crooked lying government. If you can's see that you're a fool.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Zionist?

You prove even further you have very little clue about me. IF you want to attack my character, please, at the very least, say something worthy of me.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

TheMagus
and methinks the only ones trying to play us here is the Op and his zionist fellow traveler revealed as such by their poorly disguised hatred of Aram

edit on 10-9-2013 by TheMagus because: (no reason given)

I'm a Zionist now?

Sweet!

When do I get my G6?

edit on 10-9-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

darkbake

Okay, first of all, that description about the men ganging up on the woman in the bar was pretty disturbing. Women aren't resources.

Freedom is a resource? And yes, it is a little disturbing. That's the point.

Second of all, yeah, you hit upon an important point. Believing in something opposed to one's own aspirations allows for Western society to function.

Wrong. I never said that. YOU said that. Obama does not generally go against his aspirations; so therefore, it is admirable in this manner. I believe going for your aspirations is not a bad thing. But I also believe in being given a test to determine your mettle. I think this is his. And I think you know what I meant at any rate, so why are you making me to tell you what you already understand?

If that falls apart, not a single one of us is going to be able to survive in a world where everyone is out for themselves. And we are quite possibly headed straight there.

Headed? See how you want to argue my points, and then...

And the last sentence of yours I quoted. I don't think that is good at all that you can do that if you wanted to. Although this is not a personal insult, I mean it as a symptom of the future.

Think about a world where everyone could "play all of you like this." How quickly would your personal bluff be called? How long until it got exhausting? How many years do you think you would make it out of 30 or so?

Did you not understand the point? Aren't you supposed to be a Christian? How can you live so shallow on the surface?

It's not a desire of mine, neither is it a power of mine. It is a measure of how weak everyone has made themselves; not of how strong I have made myself. That - is - the - point.

Just some meta-analysis. Actually, I agree with your thread, I'm just adding another level to it. All of the psychological evidence presented in your thread actually points to someone with your perspective trying to play people, possibly without even realizing it.

If you're going to use psychology, then you're going to fail. Psychology works on the carnal mind; it cannot touch the spiritual mind, not for a second. For the things of the spirit are not so easily discerned, neither are they easily predicted, as psychology is able to do with the majority of individuals that willfully allow their baser urges to rule their existence. Ironically, you've done the same which you have implied in your response. Because, psychologically, you've attempted to convince all those with baser urges to find a reason to discredit me, although they might have otherwise found some agreement with me (and yet not completely understood why; because people have feelings without understanding them; and you provided the argument, however invalid, to support their desire against.) I know how psychology works because I've been on the receiving end of it. I do not dare be so stupid as to attempt to use it as a tool, especially for some strange game of vanity.

My immediate reaction is to come to the exact opposite conclusion than the one you are presenting.
edit on 10-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

And why am I supposed to be appealing to your baser instinct, Mr. Psychology?

I don't want the backing or the desire of dissenting Judas'. Say what you will. Forget the butter, but not the honey.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

qiwi27
All I get from this post is that you are well versed in the rules of debate. You don't present any facts to support your concept, which is all this is. A very interesting concept I will say but a concept only. On a site like ATS I understand facts are a rarity so you may come back with something like "there are no facts to support otherwise." That is true, at least facts that we can trust. Which is why we can't just trust what you are saying. You say our president must believe in something more and that is why he shows no sway to the publics opinion. It may be simpler than you think. Obama said a while back that using chemical weapons would be the last straw. Syria just attempted to call his bluff (or not depending on what you believe) and he does not want to back down. So you see, you are not shedding light on a subject that you think we are in the dark about. You are just creating a conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theory.

There are a thousand Syria threads on Above Top Secret. I'm not about to regurgitate all of that information for you. That would be pointless, against T&C's (to post all the links especially), and you wouldn't learn anything anyway.

If you don't at least have that information as a prerequisite, then you won't understand very much of what I said, unless you're an extremely honest person.

In which case, you will recognize truth because truth is completely and utterly irresistible to the seekers of it. But you didn't recognize it. So I guess you should go and educate yourself then.

Then you can come back and you can say -what- ever you please.

And I am not creating a conspiracy theory. I'm not a conspirator, neither am I involved in the whole fiasco, other than being informed on the matter. I created nothing. I simple observe, consider, understand, and reveal. What are you offering?

Oh and I forgot to add.

I know absolutely -nothing- about any rules about debating. Meaning, if there are even specialized terms in regards to debating, I don't even have a clue (which I imagine there must be if you say I know the "rules" of it?)

But I guess being honest makes arguments pretty strong, doesn't it?

edit on 9/10/2013 by TarzanBeta because: Yes.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IndieA

Interesting... You say the media is saying one thing...

But all the garbage that just came out of you is all the stuff the media is actually saying.

Don't you find that really odd?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I'm offering what you are offering. An open mind. You get defensive and wont rest until someone says they agree with you 100%. Yes, we all seek the truth. This is why I'm skeptical of any idea that is presented to me. I don't want to end up believing a false idea. The only way for someone to believe is if they could witness something from a first person perspective. If you are demanding us to believe you by piecing together what you "see" then that would make you as much of a fool as the person who blindly believes it.

As far as your skills in debate, I was only referring to you using sound judgment in approaching a counter argument to a post without getting heated and defensive. Obviously I posted this before your composure fell apart and you attempted to attack people by insulting their intelligence. I withdraw my first statement...
edit on 10-9-2013 by qiwi27 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by qiwi27

Keep an open mind. Fine.

But it can't be that open because I already told you that I never at all expected anyone to believe me. You haven't read everything I have said.

Go back and read again.

I said there was a two-fold purpose for this thread. Pop-quiz: What is my reason for this thread?

Prove an open mind.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Propaganda - the most underestimated tool in the game of chess, but the one most feared, and therefore the most effective.

meh, your analogy assumes the women would be interested in the man in the first place -looks and all. It's pretty simplistic and paints the women in a dumb and stereotypical way. umm... I don't buy the analogy at all.

I think the media painted Obama in a corner because he said WMD was a red line. If he didn't do something he looked weak and indecisive - always bad for the leader of the Free World to look "weak and indecisive."
I saw Obama talking to the Fox talking head today. He was a big bag of smuggness. The Obamanites have the ball and are running with it. I think once this solution sunk in, there was much rejoicing in the White House. Some smart fellow was like, " Hey, wait a second, let's look at this, I don't see any down side." I don't think Obama has any problem avoiding war. In fact, he loves it. remember, this guy is flaming liberal, but he is also smart, he understands that Optics matter. So he has to play a role sometimes even when he doesn't like it. No one said the job was easy. His role up until now was the defender of the dead from chemical weapons, following through on his pledge. Now he can look like the peaceful man, solving the problem in a peaceful way. I don't think Obama has any ego regarding making Putin look good here. In fact, i think this checks all the win columns.

So all the "pontificaters" about WW3 and Syrian war were wrong. It didn't or is not going to happen. Unless Assad turns out to be the worlds biggest dumbass, he gets to keep killing his own people for the foreseeable future.

V

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I would like to point out that I am not ignorant of the many stars on my original post.

At the very least, some of you at least understand a little of where I am coming from. Speaking as a man, as the old saying goes, that gives me a little hope, which is nice. Thanks.
edit on 9/10/2013 by TarzanBeta because: You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

"A few points before I give you a simple example that will hopefully open your mind to the possibility that you're being double-played. "

I'll be honest. I went back and read it again to make sure I didn't miss anything. But seeing as you opened with this I still believe your point is to have people keep an open mind about the possibility. I'm not saying your wrong. I'm saying you should keep an open mind yourself. What you are saying is definitely possible. But so is everyone else's argument.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

You -
"bekod, I do believe that Obama is genuinely trying to find a way to do this without harming many people. I believe he wants to hit a few select targets that would dissolve the threats."

Me-

How many is many people? Isnt one death grounds for war? Unlawful killing is illegal.Worldwide.If not-it should be.
Kings-Presidents-Whoever- Shouldnt be allowed to go into countries who are sovereign- and start using their nation as target practice just because they are going through a dirty civil war. Unless help has/is offered or requested by that nation(Which it has been by Assad)-then its none of our buisness- thats why we have the UN to handle those problems. Obama is essentially acting out of line, and ruining the face of our nation by acting like a 15 year old king that just got told 'No".
edit on 10-9-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join