It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange bright green object falling from the sky last night!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I car pool to work with two other guys, and right now we are on night shift. Well, on the way in to work (probably 9:45 PM) we were driving down the highway and we seen something crazy.

The highway in which we travel to get to work is literally in the middle of no where.. (Georgia). Lot's of trees on both sides which prevented us from seeing where this thing landed.

We were driving along when out of no where a bright bright green ball seems to fall from the sky. I slammed on brakes and everyone in the car seen it at the same time. It only lasted for a few seconds and it disappeared behind the treeline.

It had a white tail, but the ball was super super bright green. Any ideas as to what it could have been?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Auburn2012

It sounds like you saw one of these .

Perhaps this one ?

Wow! Really interesting. I live in GA -- Trenton, to be exact, which is very close to Chickamauga. Anyways, tonight (I guess a bit after 9 PM) me and three other people were out in the city watching these large bats when we seen this bright green streak fly nearby -- it didn't *look* like it was very high up or very far away, although I'm sure it really was. Anyways, it streaked green (going in an upward then downward direction) for several long seconds, then went orange and finally died out.
lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.co.uk...

edit on 10-9-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add link

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Hi!
You lucky bugger! You potentially saw a bolide Bolide (wiki).

None the less it is a more-so copper based meteor (if I'm not mistaken)

A friend and I saw an awesome one, around the same time of year, about two years ago.
I wonder it is from the same path of meteors because if I remember correctly there were similar sightings, although more of them, around the same time last year.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
After looking at that video I am 100% positive I seen the same thing
Very cool! I will tell the other guys what it was as well. It was an amazing sight to see
I wish I could have recorded it, but it was all in a matter of seconds.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I have seen a green bolide and one that was a faint bluish color.
After they were gone, I found myself wishing that they would have lasted longer.

I watched a Russian rocket burn up during reentry once, I think it was in 2001/2002? It lasted a fairly long time, but wasn't very pleasing to the eye.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I, along with 5 of my closest friends all witnessed a Green fireball coming in at a very gradual angle through the atmosphere. It was about 3 years ago, this time of the year. The most amazing meoterite we have ever seen. Very slow moving, and coming in about a 15 degree angle to the ground, so I guess it was about to hit. I would say it was about the size of a car, and can still picture the fireball shooting sparks out of it, as it passed overhead, very slow moving

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
New years in AZ, everyone EXCEPT ME got to see a green fireball fly across the sky. I...WAS...PISSED!

Then thats all they talked about for the next few hours. I was sitting there with a beer steeming mad

I felt so alone!

This was about two years ago if Im correct.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hi, I live in Richmond, Texas. It's just outside of Houston. Throughout my life, I had never been one to witness unexplainable things. Well, the last two weeks here in Richmond have been quite interesting, and this is the first time I am posting about this because there is definitely something happening in our skies. What are the odds of me seeing four things in two weeks? The first two were lights or stars slowly dropping that definitely seemed to be in our atmosphere. The third thing was maybe 100 ft away from me and was a yellow light that dropped from about 20 ft in the sky. As if an invisible tall man dropped his flash light lol. And the fourth was a glowing green thing that was traveling in a horizontal uneven streak before it decided to die off over a popeyes. My friends have made comments like, " gosh it's only you seeing these things" before last night. Last night they got to witness the dropping yellow light in the same place I have seen it. a reply to: Auburn2012

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Auburn2012

The highway in which we travel to get to work is literally in the middle of no where.. (Georgia). Lot's of trees on both sides which prevented us from seeing where this thing landed.

Without saying exactly where it happened, what county was this in?

Just curious.

Man I am not with it, as your name probably answered my question.
edit on 26-7-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Welcome to the Bolide Club....They are awesome.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Ionized oxygen could be the culprit. Or so I was told a few years back when I saw one...

It certainly was cool.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

also, i seem to recall reading that the green colour is indicative of the presence of copper in the meteor(ite)/bolide? or is that not so?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I saw one of those a couple months ago, it was absolutely awe inspiring!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

A really cool meteorite is my guess. Something that actually hit, and close, would be very bright.

Shame you couldn't see where it went down, to be able to maybe retrieve it, if not on private property!

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

That, too. But I'm under the impression that it's the speed of reentry that causes it. Or, at least, that's the most common reason.

But I, quite honestly, don't know. Probably both.
edit on 7/26/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I live in south central Louisiana. The name of the town, or area I should say, that I live in is called, "Pecaniere". Anyway I live in the middle of nowhere and neighbors are few and far between. I went outside earlier tonight to have a cigarette and let my dog outside to take care of her business. While standing there on my back patio, facing to the west, A Green and White light/fire/holographic looking object appeared about 60 to 80 feet in the air about 100 yards in front of me. It fell to the ground but went out right before it hit the ground and it did not make a noise. Also it changed direction as it originally was falling down toward the north, it shifted to the west. I have to say that it scared the # out of me. Probably because I live alone. However I had the gun and flashlight with me because there have been a lot of coyotes out here lately and my neighbor told me that his dog had been taken by one recently. Beings my little dog is a Dachshund miniature, I am not taking any chances. It's only an old H&R 22LR 9 shot revolver. So needless to say I walked out towards where it landed, and there was nothing anywhere to indicate that something was there at all. Which freaked me out even more so now I have the gun drawn up hollering while holding the light in the opposite hand. Anyway I have since calmed down but isn't that the weirdest # ever.
edit on 9-10-2016 by JoeLoft because: Had to edit to fix some spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
This morning 9-13-2017 approximately 2:30 am driving north on highway 69 in Chotou Oklahoma I witnesssd a beautiful bright green light that appeared to my left out of the west sky traveling east in an arched path, it appeared out of nowhere left a streak of green similar to a Roman candle being set off, it disappeared quickly no explosion hitting the ground no nothing just went away as fast as it appeared, I concider myself one very lucky person to have witnessed such an amazing event.

new topics

top topics

join