It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry's 'slip' could have been deliberate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I cited the BBC News

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

\boy you give John Kerry a lot of credit i personally don't think hes that smart.He just has a tendency to say the first thing that pops in to his head. and i think the administration has been worried about Russia meddling in Syria since the white house has an agenda.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
But now, the ball is in Assad's court. He now has some ability to make the rules as he tempts the devil where before he was the victim with little recourse but to take what was dished out.

Excuse me, please, if I remain skeptical of this whole business.

Frankly, I come closer to trusting that the Russians have clearer heads in this than anybody.

And you know, that says a lot about my lack of trust in the current shenanigans of the government and especially those of the current administration.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

tracehd1
Ok.... I'm confused...( ?) What I'm not confused about is Assad gasing his own people....in my mind it's been proven he did not have anything to do w/ that.

Butt... He does have chemical weapons(?)

I feel any Country has a right to Energy ... ( nuke plants ) and they also have a right to protect them-selves. I'm not saying they have a right to gas people but what's the difference between a bomb killing innocents and chemicals.

Anyways... If anyone knows the answer... Please enlighten me. I think the question is... Does Assad have chemical weapons in his stockpile? And if it were you would you give up your weapons verses protecting yourself against threats ?

Though i tend to agree it would be a bone head move for Assad to use chemical weapons i cant rule it out completely. Just as easily could have been done by a military commander without approval. As far as chemical weapons its been known hes had them since the Iraq war he got them from Saddam Hussein.Before the Gulf war there were reports of WMDs crossing the border into Syria. So i guess George Bush wasnt as crazy as we thought? The ironic part is this whole thing is the United States fault because who gave those chemical weapons to Saddam the US when backing there war against Iran. This is called plating stupid we give them the chemicals needed to make nerve agents and pretend we dont know what hes doing with it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It was a set up Kerry *HAD* to know it was in the works !

Haaretz News had the story before hand. It was being parroted the night before.

Member Dianec started a thread 2 nights ago www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gotta love Kerry's acting.

I bet the MSM was told to keep it quiet.

And still nobody has referred to Haaretz on big media.

And it hilarious that Kerry mentioned it like it was some kind of surprise and then the miracle of Russia going 'public' about the 'magic proposal'...

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad could avoid a U.S. military strike by surrendering all his chemical weapons within a week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Monday, but immediately made clear he was not making a serious offer. ..............

Kerry: Syrian surrender of chemical arms could stop U.S. attack

And here's a full article Published: Sept. 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM .....

DAMASCUS, Syria, Sept. 8 (UPI) -- Syria and its allies, Iran and Russia, are working on a proposal for a power transition that would head off a retaliatory U.S. military strike, Haaretz reports.

The Israeli newspaper said Arab and Iranian media had reported Iranian Parliamentary Committee Chairman Ala al-Din Boroujerdi and Syrian officials had discussed the proposal in recent days and that Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Muallem was expected to go over it with Russian President Vladimir Putin when they meet Monday.

Haaretz said details of the proposal were unknown but allegedly would call for civil war-torn Syria to embark on a democratic transfer of power in stages.

Haaretz reported Putin and al-Muallem also are expected to discuss another proposal in which Syria would transfer its chemical weapons to Russia or another country. U.S.

Iran, Russia, Syria said working on proposal to head off U.S. strike

A video of Kerry saying it is here... Info Wars story

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

well well .... they just keep trying to fool us all the time.

Thank god for the internet.

Thanks for the info

top topics

<< 1   >>

join