It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was reading on a health site and got hacked by syrian, anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I was on a health forum site looking something up and this came up www.cadiroig.cat... saying it hacked the site. Has anyone else had this problem? Admins, if this is in the wrong place just move it. The site I was on that got hacked was forums.bettermedicine.com... looking forward to opinions on this matter.
edit on 9/10/2013 by uberangel because: relevance

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by uberangel

Hi...no I have not been hacked. How do you know for sure that you were?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Sites get hacked all of the time. Unless you downloaded an exe file after the site was hacked you should be fine. Though it's getting harder to do as time progresses, many sites have poor design and security and taking them is often far easier than one might think It doesn't require an army or the NSA... often just a really bored 12 year old with some knowledge.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

caladonea

Hi...no I have not been hacked. How do you know for sure that you were?

I was just sitting reading on the forum and the page changed. Its like when you click a link and it goes to another page, but I didn't click anything I was just reading. At first thought it was a pop up so I just clicked back on my browser... and surely here in a minute it did it again. Very strange. I've been online for years and never had anything like that happen. I was wondering if it were widespread with folks... if not probably not a big concern.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Hefficide

Sites get hacked all of the time. Unless you downloaded an exe file after the site was hacked you should be fine. Though it's getting harder to do as time progresses, many sites have poor design and security and taking them is often far easier than one might think It doesn't require an army or the NSA... often just a really bored 12 year old with some knowledge.

No I didn't download anything thank goodness... the site I was on may have had bad security, you're right. It just kinda creeped me out I guess. With all the war talk that's going on here I wanted to make sure there weren't a lot of people running into it.

top topics

join