It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married, Female 8 Years Dies in First Night

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by horselessheadsman

Being grateful and thankful that I, or my thirteen year old daughter don't have to be subjected to the abuses of some countries/cultures of this world is entirely different than saying, nah, nah...poor you and lucky me. I truly am grateful and thankful that I live in a country where women's rights, freedoms, civil rights, etc still count for something. Yeah, maybe it's popular right now to bash America but I will stand up and say to the world that hell yeah, I'm a proud American. What Justin Bieber and the NFL had to do with my response I have no idea. In my eyes an eight yr old is a child. My thirteen yr is a child yet in my eyes.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

queenofsheba

Being grateful and thankful that I, or my thirteen year old daughter don't have to be subjected to the abuses of some countries/cultures of this world is entirely different than saying, nah, nah...poor you and lucky me. I truly am grateful and thankful that I live in a country where women's rights, freedoms, civil rights, etc still count for something. Yeah, maybe it's popular right now to bash America but I will stand up and say to the world that hell yeah, I'm a proud American. What Justin Bieber and the NFL had to do with my response I have no idea. In my eyes an eight yr old is a child. My thirteen yr is a child yet in my eyes.

I simply ask: to what end? And for how long will we remain a "free people" when nobody wants to defend those rights. This isn't a Muslim issue. It's not a female rights issue. This is one scum dictator that decided to take and 8 year old child and murder her. All that I ask is that people don't lump it all together and blame it on innocent Muslims that had nothing to do with the act.

We live in a country that is supposed to be free, yet we are obviously not as free as we were meant to be. Are we better than most places? Yes, for now. But honestly, given the history of this world, and the exception that is the United States, how long will that last?

Justin Bieber and the gladiator-like NFL has everything to do with this because it's nothing but bread and circus. We worship these idiots over the people that are the real heroes of our society. If you can't see anything wrong with that, ask Rome how well their own bread and circus did for their society. When they were literally reduced to cannibals to feed themselves.

This is nothing more than a historical warning. That it can and has happened here. As the good book says, trust in God but tie up your horse. The acts of this man is atrocious. But please, let's not go blaming every person under the Islamic religion for his crimes.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

I never said anything about Muslims, did I? I simply stated that I am grateful that by my geographical location alone, I have it better and for that I'm thankful. I think about that a lot when I hear stories like this because I know it's far different in other parts of the world. What can we do about it? You tell me. Because lately it seems when America wants to intercede for those calling upon us to help we end up as "bullies of the world who should mind their own business." So, you tell me what is the answer? We have church groups, missionaries, aid workers, etc who risk their lives by going into these places to try to make a difference and many of them lose their lives. Are you willing to do so? Talk is cheap.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

queenofsheba

I never said anything about Muslims, did I? I simply stated that I am grateful that by my geographical location alone, I have it better and for that I'm thankful. I think about that a lot when I hear stories like this because I know it's far different in other parts of the world. What can we do about it? You tell me. Because lately it seems when America wants to intercede for those calling upon us to help we end up as "bullies of the world who should mind their own business." So, you tell me what is the answer? We have church groups, missionaries, aid workers, etc who risk their lives by going into these places to try to make a difference and many of them lose their lives. Are you willing to do so? Talk is cheap.

If I actually thought I could make a difference? Yes, I would be willing to do so. But the Middle East is not our problem. We have a bankrupt city, why is Israel more important? Because I honestly can't think of any other reason to be there... aside from oil which we can get in Alaska.

So the question is, 17 trillion dollars in debt with a bankrupt city, why are we STILL in the Middle East? I am not a religion person. To be honest, I couldn't care less what these people do. If I could make a change in the region, I'd try to. But these people have been at war for thousands of years.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Now we're talking about two different things. Gotcha.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

queenofsheba

Now we're talking about two different things. Gotcha.

It's not really a black and white issue. I'm honestly not trying to come off as a dick, but you can't just say that just because you were born in America that you're somehow safe from these maniacs. Especially when the society itself worships people that literally sell themselves out to be famous. Everything here ties in. What's happening over there is a beta test for what the people running this world want to happen over here.
edit on 13-9-2013 by horselessheadsman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Look up Petrodollar warfare.

The reason we keep starting wars is to ensure that those countries use the USD as their currency when they price oil. Essentially the dollar has an "oil standard" if you compare it to the more traditionally known "gold standard" that was ironically let go of around the time a deal was struck with Saudi Arabia. It's a big nasty mess.

Just so you understand, if at any point those countries decided to use another currency to price their oil the U.S. would collapse because the giant ponzi scheme would no longer be feasible.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Okay, my feelings regarding this case, specifically, are pretty clear. And I think it's obvious to most everyone that there were a number of things wrong with this situation.

However, one of the quotes in the OP talks about "child brides" in general, and points out that there are millions of girls wed before they are 18. First of all, 18 is a mostly arbitrary number. Second of all, while 18 may be the "age of majority" in a lot of places, the "age of consent" is usually anywhere from a couple, to a few or more years earlier than 18. And furthermore, I don't think just because the arbitrary number we choose is 18, that the rest of the world needs to conform to our ideals. It is a fact that historically, many people were wed well before 18. In some cultures people have to grow up far faster than we do in "western" cultures. Biologically speaking, we're ready for sex and procreation a number of years before 18. That is dictated by nature and instinct -- laws far higher than those of man. (Anyone ever wonder why teens just won't stop having sex, despite tons of societal and parental pressure to the contrary? That's because it's not natural, and runs completely counter to their instinct.) And again, I don't think we should impose our way on others, just because we're puritanical and have backwards, perverted, dark-ages attitudes toward sex. Oh wait, nevermind... they weren't even this rigid and repressed in the dark ages.

On the other hand, 8 year old children should not be wed. That's too young to know what they're doing. And sure, in some of these cultures the bride sometimes may not even "have a say" in who she marries, with arranged marriages and all. But some people choose to go against this cultural norm. And 8 years old is not old enough to decide whether you're going to stay with the program, or strike out on your own.

And even if they are going to allow such an arranged marriage, with a child incapable of making their own choices, there is no way that sex should be involved until the girl goes through puberty. That should just be a given. She clearly can't have a child, so what is the point of this? Legalized pedophilia? That's just wrong on multiple levels. Who does that crap?

edit on 13-9-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Was about to "star" your post for content ... till I read your last sentence :-

"But as long as females get along a tiny bit better than the rest of the world, that's all
that matters, right?"

???

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This news article is pure propaganda as I stated.

www.reuters.com...

Of course theres already 100 females on here screaming out in rage and telling all of their friends. Have you not learned that you are a tool used by the government to spread this propaganda and to teach your children the same propaganda?

I would also like to revise my previous statement she doesn't look 12 she looks 15. If she had sex and died of internal bleeding its only because she fell off a cliff or died in a car accident.

First you get the children, then you have the women, so follow the men.

Classic social psychological propaganda. Why are you even on this site if you believe bologana like this?

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

queenofsheba

Being grateful and thankful that I, or my thirteen year old daughter don't have to be subjected to the abuses of some countries...

I've got news for you. Teenagers have far more sex than adults and with far more partners. If you didn't know that I feel sorry for you because there is obviously a reason.

posted on Sep, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Anyhow you guys should stop believing the CIA NEWS NETWORK aka CNN.

www.nytimes.com...

Anytime we start droning a country CNN puts out propaganda. Such as babies being strangled with their own umbilical cords (Iraq), FOR THE CHILDREN! (Syria). Look AL CIA DUH is over here! (invades). Look AL CIA DUH is over there! (invades). What the American people aren't on board? Show dead children, say little girls were raped, say they are doing virginity checks! (invades) Its the same story every single time and its getting pretty dang old.

For the love of God wake up already.

edit on 15-9-2013 by AllGloryIsGods because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join