It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Married, Female 8 Years Dies in First Night

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

PepsiFreak

bigyin
The wests culture deems 2.1 children as ideal. Many adults have no children at all, presumably their take on life is to have as good a time for yourself as possible and then die .... end. I think thats a selfish outlook, but it's a common option.

I was born sterile...

Sorry to hear that, but it's not what I'm talking about. I think you know that.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

mblahnikluver

Personally I think all these arranged marriages of these young girls is just sick.

I agree with you that marrying off 8 year olds is not right. What the minimum age should be is open for debate. But on the morality of arranged marriages I know of several cases (adults) in my neighbourhood which have worked out absolutely fine and the couples are very very happy.

Just watch a few episodes of Jeremy Kyle to see how some of our non arranged marriages/living together work out and maybe arranged marriages are not so bad after all.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Never thought I'd write such a thing as I am about to write but that poor child is better off dead than to have to suffer such an existence at such a young age.
At 8 she should be down the park playing on the swings or dressing up Barbie dolls, I said yesterday that we shouldn't judge their culture which I still think is true.
But the old man has taken a life and should be tried for murder for this foul act, but he'll probably just be given another child to marry and rape. What a f****d up world we live in.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I know they made the layout more phone-friendly, but this is still ATS. READ every post. It was already stated that this story is false.

But hey, let's murder everyone because someone marries a "kid" who is probably more mature at 8 than some of us will ever be. Mass murder is obviously the answer. God d---it we're so much more advanced than these backwards savages.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I see a lot of posters generalizing by saying "they" based on the actions of one man and judging the entire population when looking through the lens of Western values. A lot of posters should remember that you should never judge a nation just because of a handful of individuals. Yemen and the Middle East in general has some of the lowest crime rates in the world. It would be like the people of Yemen looking at the West and calling us all Paedophiles, rapists, terrorists and murderers just because of people like Jimmy Saville, Ted Bundy, George Bush and Charles Manson. Oh yeah, and the millions of sexual offences that happen against women every year in our "modern society". You wouldn't like to be tarred with the same brush as these criminals, would you? Then give others the same respect.

The West has serious issues to deal with, and so does the Middle East. Let's all help each other out and deal with them like adults through peaceful methods.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The values of countries which allow this sort of thing is simply so very barbaric. Even countries that write into law that a man may have intercourse with his dead wife soon after her passing, is so wrong on many levels. It is no wonder why the education level of those regions seems to be that of prehistoric man. I am truly disgusted by this and how the world continues to let this belief system exist.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EloquentThinker

I think you miss the point of this thread, in Yemen this is not a criminal act. By western standards this seems abhorrent and I for one am repulsed, but I am pretty sure that we do things in the west that makes them feel repulsed as well.
All I have stated from the getgo is that we shouldn't judge other cultures by our standards and way of thinking.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
You all know this is BS right?

The child is fine.

There was no marriage, rape, killing of the girl in question.

Now as to other girls?

peace

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Yemen Officials Deny 8-Year-Old Girl Died From Sex With 40-Year-Old Husband: Report

Yemeni officials and journalists are saying the reports that an 8-year-old girl allegedly died of vaginal tearing on her wedding night are false, according to a report in Dubai-based news site Gulf News.

“When I heard the rumors [of the girl's death], I called the girl’s father," the local director of Criminal Investigation, Mosleh Al Azzani, told Gulf News by telephone on Monday. "He came with his daughter and denied the marriage and death of his daughter. I have the photos of the girl and will show it to anyone.”

peace

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Every time I see the video of this absolutely adorable child of 12 years old pleading for help to get a divorce from her maniac husband I can't hold back the tears. Responsible people of all religious backgrounds should put an end to the brutality of child marriages.

In the 7th century Christian culture was every bit as brutal as the culture of Islam or of Hinduism, but central to Christ's message is the idea that loving kindness and compassion is the way. It took centuries for that to sink in to any degree in our societies but, generally speaking, it is the norm now.

Brutality hardens people and makes them brutal, and makes them insensitive to brutality. We can see the appalling results of this in the Middle East and India and Africa every day in the news.

We in the West are capable of incinerating people at a distance, but balk at doing it close up because we have become too sensitive to inflict brutal suffering personally. We are beginning to be too sensitive to inflict it even at a distance. That is not a bad thing.

The future of the world depends on getting past the infantile tantrums of humanity's youth and the brutality of outmoded ways of living both East and West.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

sick sick SICK! people! what is wrong with society?! not only is this wrong to marry off a chid but also the fact intercourse happened at such a young age, its paedophillia! excuse me if i spelt it wrong, its horrible! not only do we have rape and victims who die from such injuries but we have sickos who practicaly rape children! the parrents who marry off children should be ashamed and the perpitrator should be hung by his genitals till he bleeds out, DISGUSTING!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

lildrummerboy im glad there are men like you who have souls, your absolutely right and unconcensual intercourse living or dead is repulsive! thank you all for your kind comments, pretty much people excuse child brides because religion says so, they excuse peadophilia and rape in the name of religion! NO MORE EXCUSES!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

So, apparently she is alive, well, and not married after all...
m.huffpost.com...
(Sorry for the link, from my iPhone)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Saltedslug

propaganda, even the so called good fight dirty it seems.

side note.. my grandmother was a child bride, (hindu) married at the age of 13 and sent to live with her inlaws basically as a servant until she was 18 before her and my grandfather moved out and started their family. Hard life to be a child bride, this practice should not exist, but lying for media attention doesn't help the cause either.
edit on 9-11-2013 by worldwatcher because: typo of course

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Reading over three pages of comments -- I see etho-centric chest thumping, wailing, cursing, indignation, pissed-beyond-anger and more. Much more.

Good!

As terrible as this tragic murder was, where is your public indignation for these (drone) murdered children?

PAKISTAN

Name | Age | Gender

Noor Aziz | 8 | male
Abdul Wasit | 17 | male
Noor Syed | 8 | male
Wajid Noor | 9 | male
Syed Wali Shah | 7 | male
Ayeesha | 3 | female
Qari Alamzeb | 14| male
Shoaib | 8 | male
Hayatullah KhaMohammad | 16 | male
Tariq Aziz | 16 | male
Sanaullah Jan | 17 | male
Maezol Khan | 8 | female
Nasir Khan | male
Naeem Khan | male
Naeemullah | male
Mohammad Tahir | 16 | male
Azizul Wahab | 15 | male
Fazal Wahab | 16 | male
Ziauddin | 16 | male
Mohammad Yunus | 16 | male
Fazal Hakim | 19 | male
Ilyas | 13 | male
Sohail | 7 | male
Asadullah | 9 | male
khalilullah | 9 | male
Noor Mohammad | 8 | male
Khalid | 12 | male
Saifullah | 9 | male
Mashooq Jan | 15 | male
Nawab | 17 | male
Sultanat Khan | 16 | male
Ziaur Rahman | 13 | male
Noor Mohammad | 15 | male
Mohammad Yaas Khan | 16 | male
Qari Alamzeb | 14 | male
Ziaur Rahman | 17 | male
Abdullah | 18 | male
Ikramullah Zada | 17 | male
Inayatur Rehman | 16 | male
Shahbuddin | 15 | male
Yahya Khan | 16 |male
Rahatullah |17 | male
Mohammad Salim | 11 | male
Shahjehan | 15 | male
Gul Sher Khan | 15 | male
Bakht Muneer | 14 | male
Numair | 14 | male
Mashooq Khan | 16 | male
Ihsanullah | 16 | male
Luqman | 12 | male
Jannatullah | 13 | male
Ismail | 12 | male
Taseel Khan | 18 | male
Zaheeruddin | 16 | male
Qari Ishaq | 19 | male
Jamshed Khan | 14 | male
Alam Nabi | 11 | male
Qari Abdul Karim | 19 | male
Rahmatullah | 14 | male
Abdus Samad | 17 | male
Siraj | 16 | male
Saeedullah | 17 | male
Abdul Waris | 16 | male
Darvesh | 13 | male
Ameer Said | 15 | male
Shaukat | 14 | male
Inayatur Rahman | 17 | male
Salman | 12 | male
Fazal Wahab | 18 | male
Baacha Rahman | 13 | male
Wali-ur-Rahman | 17 | male
Iftikhar | 17 | male
Inayatullah | 15 | male
Mashooq Khan | 16 | male
Ihsanullah | 16 | male
Luqman | 12 | male
Jannatullah | 13 | male
Ismail | 12 | male
Abdul Waris | 16 | male
Darvesh | 13 | male
Ameer Said | 15 | male
Shaukat | 14 | male
Inayatur Rahman | 17 | male
Adnan | 16 | male
Najibullah | 13 | male
Naeemullah | 17 | male
Hizbullah | 10 | male
Kitab Gul | 12 | male
Wilayat Khan | 11 | male
Zabihullah | 16 | male
Shehzad Gul | 11 | male
Shabir | 15 | male
Qari Sharifullah | 17 | male
Shafiullah | 16 | male
Nimatullah | 14 | male
Shakirullah | 16 | male
Talha | 8 | male

YEMEN

Afrah Ali Mohammed Nasser | 9 | female
Zayda Ali Mohammed Nasser | 7 | female
Hoda Ali Mohammed Nasser | 5 | female
Sheikha Ali Mohammed Nasser | 4 | female
Ibrahim Abdullah Mokbel Salem Louqye | 13 | male
Asmaa Abdullah Mokbel Salem Louqye | 9 | male
Salma Abdullah Mokbel Salem Louqye | 4 | female
Fatima Abdullah Mokbel Salem Louqye | 3 | female
Khadije Ali Mokbel Louqye | 1 | female
Hanaa Ali Mokbel Louqye | 6 | female
Mohammed Ali Mokbel Salem Louqye | 4 | male
Jawass Mokbel Salem Louqye | 15 | female
Maryam Hussein Abdullah Awad | 2 | female
Shafiq Hussein Abdullah Awad | 1 | female
Sheikha Nasser Mahdi Ahmad Bouh | 3 | female
Maha Mohammed Saleh Mohammed | 12 | male
Soumaya Mohammed Saleh Mohammed | 9 | female
Shafika Mohammed Saleh Mohammed | 4 | female
Shafiq Mohammed Saleh Mohammed | 2 | male
Mabrook Mouqbal Al Qadari | 13 | male
Daolah Nasser 10 years | 10 | female
AbedalGhani Mohammed Mabkhout | 12 | male
Abdel- Rahman Anwar al Awlaki | 16 | male
Abdel-Rahman al-Awlaki | 17 | male
Nasser Salim | 19

edit on 11-9-2013 by juspassinthru because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Disgusting!

Not much else to say except this practice needs to get banned around the World!

Arranged Marriage for under 18's Banned! Maybe even banned altogether if the couple have never met (which is the case in most cases).

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This needs to be stopped. Their laws are not working because it is still such a big part of their horrible culture. First time I read an article about this, with ALL the details my heart could not bear it. The saddest part is realising I can not do anything to stop it alone. A few petitions and donations just isnt cutting it.

The following part of my post is not for the faint of heart.

:::WARNING:::

FROM HERE ON OUT THIS POST CONTAINS A FACT LEFT OUT OF ARTICLES FOR THE SAKE OF READERS
READ AT YOUR OWN WILL

First of all, this happens alot. Not just the marrying away very young girls, but also the fact that they die. These girls often die on their first wedding night. A quick search on the internet will show several articles about girls in Yemen dying of "internal injuries". You will also find articles explaining what these "internal injuries" are caused by. I will also tell you in the next paragraph, so be warned it is quite horrible.

The "internal injury" is not from the intercourse itself. Most of the time the monster(I refuse to call these monsters men) does not fit, inside such a small girl. And if a man does not fit, intercourse is simply impossible, the penis can not penetrate and it can not be forced alone. So it is often and customary for these monsters(!!!) to "enlarge" the opening with a knife. Which is the reason for the internal injuries. This is what kills these girls.

edit on 11-9-2013 by needlenight because: Typos

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

I'm a cultural relativist most of the time. The diversity of people's ideas and customs makes this world the interesting place that it is, and I'm usually glad for them, especially if they're outlandish and alien seeming...

but there ARE limits, and arranged marriages of prepubescent folks (or anyone, really) is one of those limits, along with all the other violent, miserable, abusive and restrictive practices usually reserved for the weakest in society.

Humans, bah! Can't live with 'em... ... ... (?)

EDIT: and after reading the above post about mutilation to enable the sex act ... well, many of us have a long, long, long way to go to achieve even an average state of empathy for others.

edit on 9/11/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
This makes me so freakin sad, poor girl. The worst part about it is that he will be given another child bride most likely and this little girl will be forgotten.

May her rapist spontaneously combust and the family that would willingly give her up rot in hell. Bastards!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join