It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK and U.S. intelligence reports on Syria based on Facebook and Youtube data

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
When surfing the Internet yesterday I came across original service documents of the UK and US intelligence that justify military operation in Syria.
I've looked through these documents … IMHO, they are far from convincing.
It looks strange that the intelligence conclusions are based on journalists' opinions, social media messages, Youtube videos, some witnesses' evidence, and non-governmental organizations data. There's really nothing definite.
Now it's clear why the British and the Americans don't trust the governments and protest against invasion in Syria

Original documents attached below.

www.whitehouse.gov...

www.gov.uk...

www.diplomatie.gouv.fr...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by farhad

I'm on facebook right now and I typed in Syria and found Syria tube. These guys are joking around, laughing partying.

These guys are filming crap you won't even find on msm. The way these videos are looking no wonder the government is relaying on these social media for evidence.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by farhad

The whole explanation is Bull Hooey.

The entire Obama Administration is a sloppy schlock operation.

Elbamajad is coming !!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

prooflink please)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by farhad

Ok standby.

You do know you can log into facebook and type it in. There's your proof.

youtu.be...

edit on 10-9-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by farhad

It's clear enough they don't have real evidence

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by farhad

Yeah, I noticed - no one is following any kind of official protocols. I winced when John Kerry said his proof consisted of YouTube videos that anyone could access.

Is there no semblance of reason left in the West? Has the U.S. completely gone off its rocker and lost it? How can America be trusted with so many weapons and nukes and chemical stockpiles if it is full of people without any semblance of an education?

And I was watching Anderson Cooper, I think his name is? And they were discussing going into Syria or not, and it was a bunch of people making things up! They were literally projecting their own thoughts onto Assad!

These were supposedly experts who knew what they were talking about, but not a single one of them expressed anything other than uninformed opinion! Actually - one person did, his name was Andrew Sullivan.

But the rest of them were idiots who were making things up and going off of their "feelings," which if you ask me, is a complete disaster waiting to happen.

Feelings have never been accurate, and this isn't a freaking one night stand, this is a world war we are talking about here.
edit on 10-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Its called "open source intelligence" and it actually produces a pretty good intelligence product.

The age of 24 hour news and social media has created a intelligence gold mine.

Some of the stuff that we can get access to these days is the same stuff that 30 years ago would have been marked "top secret" and be a highly valued intelligence product.

Sending in James Bond and dedicating spy satellites and having the big ear of the NSA listening in is all very well and good. But its very expensive and labor intensive not to mention risky and the same end intelligence product can be produced by analysis of open source information. And the best bit about it, you dont have to tell people that something is top-secret and they just have to trust government because all they need to say is "its on CNN every night".

Now I dont doubt for a second that there are intelligence operatives inside Syria and there is a huge SIGINT effort ongoing along with a whole range of other methods along side this analysis of open source intelligence. But I would also bet that its just backing up what they can already gain form the open source stuff.

new topics

top topics

join