It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loser school bus driver

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My 13 yr old daughter and I recently moved to the south, the Gulf Coast to be exact, from up north and it's beautiful down here for sure. I am po'd at the bus driver cuz today he blows by her bus stop on a busy road and I see him drop her and the other kids off the next street over. I was wondering what was up and a little bit worried cuz I'm new here, wasn't sure if it was her bus or not and was getting a little freaked, cuz being a responsible mom I ran a sex offender registry check and within a one mile radius I got three scumbags right on the next streets over and 11 "known" to the area who are considered "transients." Okay, that's life. So, I watch and look and sure enough I see my daughter walking along the busy highway to our street and when she gets to me I asked her what was that all about? She told me the bus driver was on his cell and missed the stop and she told him, "Way to go for not paying attention to the bus stop" and he barked at her and asked her "What did you say?" She repeated herself and he said "I was taking care of business and you have a choice whether or not to take the bus or not." Way to go dude, so professional of you. Culture shock in many ways down here. I'd really like to whoop him upside the head but he's alot bigger and pretty scary lookin.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Well this is a rant for the Charter Bus Company in charge! Do they have cameras in those busses. Geez, even kids know you're not suppose to text and drive!

How old is your daughter, she sounds pretty savy and bold!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

She's 13 and I think he was talking on his cell, not necessarily texting. But either way, he was distracted because he missed the stop and instead of turning around and dropping them off where they were supposed to be he dumped them off the next street down. Granted, she's not a little kid but who knows? We here so many bad things on the news every single day it does make one pause and wonder what was his deal? Maybe he should make a career change. I have no idea who to call, I suppose the school but it's mammoth and I've never been able to reach anyone via the phone, always get an answering machine. I'm more upset he had the nerve to tell her it was a "choice" for her to ride the bus. How does he know? Maybe I can't pick her up after school, maybe I work late and don't get home 'till 6:00. Yeah, my daughter's a handful...
She knows how to stand up for herself, and that's a good thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

What sounds more worrying, is that your sex offender registry check revealed such a high number of those scum in such a relatively small area.
edit on 10/9/2013 by nake13 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I don't know if he is necessarily a loser, but anyway, talking on the phone while driving the bus? Well... it would be super hard to turn the bus around after missing the stop considering it is pretty big.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
WHen will you guys stop the nonsense?

Gun this gun that blow up a nation ra ra ra but the bus driver is a twat, let me rant?

If that had happened in little ol'e australia, the bus driver would be up on charges for driving while on a mobile, lose his job for the same and talking trash to a student, and be publically mocked on public tv for all to see and point at.

I honestly don't get it some times over there. You're on another planet, not a different country. Are cultures so vastly different that things just don't ever work the same?

Is this a random bus company that you cannot contact, that if you did contact, billy bob would hang up on yall cos he's the bos and you're unimportant?

Are there ANY regulations for normal things over there? Waaaahhhhhhhhhgah! it's like when you watch a movie about the little dirt town where everyone stops dead in their tracks as you drive on by, and then your car breaks down... and no one talks to you, except the old man with the greasy rag, "Yep, it'll cost ya.. be fixed by sundown tomorrow night, tho, as long as we get the parts from over yonder.. you can stay at old berthas up the road a bit. she fixes up a good meal. yep. sure is lucky you came on by here."

and by sundown the next night, the hillbillies have taken your wife and daughter, the dog is an ornament on the pickup and you're walking around, wiping the grease of the bonnet of your car with your new oily rag, watching the strangers driving on through this hear your town.

I DO NOT GET IT.

it, frankly, scares me...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

winofiend
WHen will you guys stop the nonsense?

Gun this gun that blow up a nation ra ra ra but the bus driver is a twat, let me rant?

If that had happened in little ol'e australia, the bus driver would be up on charges for driving while on a mobile, lose his job for the same and talking trash to a student, and be publically mocked on public tv for all to see and point at.

I honestly don't get it some times over there. You're on another planet, not a different country. Are cultures so vastly different that things just don't ever work the same?

Is this a random bus company that you cannot contact, that if you did contact, billy bob would hang up on yall cos he's the bos and you're unimportant?

Are there ANY regulations for normal things over there? Waaaahhhhhhhhhgah! it's like when you watch a movie about the little dirt town where everyone stops dead in their tracks as you drive on by, and then your car breaks down... and no one talks to you, except the old man with the greasy rag, "Yep, it'll cost ya.. be fixed by sundown tomorrow night, tho, as long as we get the parts from over yonder.. you can stay at old berthas up the road a bit. she fixes up a good meal. yep. sure is lucky you came on by here."

and by sundown the next night, the hillbillies have taken your wife and daughter, the dog is an ornament on the pickup and you're walking around, wiping the grease of the bonnet of your car with your new oily rag, watching the strangers driving on through this hear your town.

I DO NOT GET IT.

it, frankly, scares me...

lol wut?

You should watch way less movies and not make decisions based on them.

To the OP:
There should be some sort of bus line or something similar you can contact to make a complaint about the driver. It is the drivers choice to put everybody's children in danger by talking on his phone. If he missed a stop because of it, then he has no business driving a bus. What if he missed a kid running into the street?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

winofiend....that was an excellent rant!
You made me laugh and I appreciate that. Have a great day!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ok, not to be the devil's advocate here...but her remark to him was rude. Sure he did something wrong, but two wrongs do not make a right. She could've said "you missed my stop" and left it at that. She didnt have to be rude to him.

I am all for children standing up for themselves, but, there is a difference between standing up for yourself and being rude.

In the SOuth, respect your elders goes a long way. There are other ways she could've handled the situation without being rude.

Anyway, I do not think he should be using his phone and DRIVING at the same time. I would probably report him for that.

As for sex offenders in your area, I had one that lived on the way to my daughters school. There were no busses she had to walk. I did some research and found out he was a registered sex offender because of something that happened like eons ago..while he was in the military in Vietnam.

He is a nice guy and would not hurt my child.

Those labels are not always accurate. Do your research. Some are warranted, others not so much.

Good luck!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

It's a different world we live in, our kids are taught to speak up and tell and they learn it in public school. These kids know that's its not cool to text and drive because our society is saturated with billboards, tv commercials, talks at school, radio, internet and the list goes on. My kid has called me out on it while driving and that's her right because its her life that somebody else is in control of. I think she had every right to say something and apparently she wasn't the only kid on that bus that spoke up. What was she supposed to say, "Oh, Sir, please refrain from your cell phone while you hold my life in your hands?" Respect should be given when it's earned.

As far as the registered sex offenders I'm not takin' my chances. Yeah, I get that an eighteen yr old guy can knock up a 15 year old and be "labeled" for the rest of his life. Sure, it happens but I'm sure gonna know who these "nice" guys are and where they're at.

edit on 10-9-2013 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2013 by queenofsheba because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by secret titan

Movies???

Wait, *pauses reality*, now I can't see anything..

new topics

top topics

join