It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, What have you done!?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I think the smilies are fine. I would like to have the Star/Flag and reply counts for each post back up on the home page. I have many interests but dont have time to read through all the bs so if the flag count is high or even with the reply count it is always worth a look the rest is usually a waste imo. Please bring the ratings back

edit on 12-9-2013 by knowwhat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow SO only 4 pages of bitching and moaning, not bad actually.

I actually like the new ATS a lot and I have been here a long time, so I have seen ATS go through quite a bit.

I think all of you have "Woobie Issues" You'll get used to the new ATS and when they change it down the line again, we'll see a new group of people bitching and moaning.

Positive Note:

1) ATS is a great place to come for many reasons including getting news first hand

2) We have great thinkers and critics alike

3) This new ATS loads up superfast and works fine on every level (And yes it doesn't look like the old because it's frickin New) LOL

5) Like the redesign of the emoticons

4) For the whinners, ATS will have a cheese party for you very soon.

6) 4 and 5 are not a mistake I just did it that way so you could whine about it.

Peace Out,

RT
edit on 12-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

AfterInfinity
Yep. This is the new face of AboveTopSecret.com. I don't like it much either, but clearly, the authorities felt it was a necessary change. Who are we to argue? We're just the peons who unload on this site. We don't pay to keep it up or anything.

No, you and the other posters just provide the content that makes it possible for the owners to have ad income from this forum. Stop complaining and get back to providing content.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Apparently the bland, stripped, symbolic, simple look is " in fashion".

Never mind fashion what about maturity. I agree Op.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with any of it, love the new navigation, organization, etc. Don't mind the smileys blah blah (I never used them anyway).

But the background. Ahhhh....it's just too light of a grey for me. My eyes freak out every time I come on here. If it were a black or far darker grey background for me it would be perfect.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dawnbreaker

Me too. I switch between light grey and darker color, like I have schizophrenia. Its really a case of either squint to see the darker one. Or get blown away by the light grey. Both give me a headache actually, not a throbbing one but an " eye headache" meaning my eyes start to water.

Either way I have to really limit my time looking for good threads and learning from this website because, I simply cant view it anymore for long enough.

edit on 13-9-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Yep. This is the new face of AboveTopSecret.com. I don't like it much either, but clearly, the authorities felt it was a necessary change. Who are we to argue? We're just the peons who unload on this site. We don't pay to keep it up or anything.

Actually we do pay.
Have you ever noticed your ATS tab refreshing on its own? Perhaps you have been badgered by a popup in the place of an article link you clicked. Bottom line, this site is an attempt to achieve what Alex Jones did over night... to capitalize monetarily on the impressionable. It's all about Ad Impressions, denying ignorance is only a secondary goal.
Also the primary goal of revenue will always trump the secondary goal.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Realtruth
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow SO only 4 pages of bitching and moaning, not bad actually.

I actually like the new ATS a lot and I have been here a long time, so I have seen ATS go through quite a bit.

I think all of you have "Woobie Issues" You'll get used to the new ATS and when they change it down the line again, we'll see a new group of people bitching and moaning.

Positive Note:

1) ATS is a great place to come for many reasons including getting news first hand

2) We have great thinkers and critics alike

3) This new ATS loads up superfast and works fine on every level (And yes it doesn't look like the old because it's frickin New) LOL

5) Like the redesign of the emoticons

4) For the whinners, ATS will have a cheese party for you very soon.

6) 4 and 5 are not a mistake I just did it that way so you could whine about it.

Peace Out,

RT
edit on 12-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

Yeah, let's bully and mock people because they disagree with you.
The site design is horrible, and so is your attitude.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord

oblvion
Then where did it go?

The thread that runs through all the new features has been extensively linked, and even pops up at the bottom of the screen occasionally.
Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

only 10 topics? WTF man....cmon SO... your feet are to the fire here guy, your going to ruin your brand man, and it was and is HOT!!!!!!!!

??? Have no idea what you mean.

but I dont have time or patience for BS, other sites are calling

Hints, screen shots, videos, member beta testing, and open testing for all members has been going on for months. Nothing here should be a surprise.

If you need an explanation thread, you're doing it wrong.
iPhone didn't need a users manual at it's inception.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ahybrid

The comment he made about getting the news first hand is inaccurate. Because my eyes cannot make out the forum anymore, I literally cannot find out any news on here any longer. Its sad, but true...

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Instead of beating that dead horse with repeated beatings and complaints, why not contribute here:
ATS.5/3 has two core color modes -- light/dark -- there can be more

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I can live with the new look but please enable text wraping. Where before I could dedicat 1/4 of my monitor screen to the page now I have to size it clear across the bottom of my monitor and whats with the hugmongus text window for a reply do you think we are all blind?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
On the top menu are critical things members have been missing most from the old bottom-of-page ribbon:

The first icon takes you directly to your profile.

The second takes you directly to the posts page of your profile.

And the third takes you directly to the replies folder of your private messages.

These have been formatted to fit on wide desktops, 1024 (narrow) desktops, and portrait tablets. Due to space limitations, they will not appear on tablets in landscape mode.

posted on Nov, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ive just returned after a break away to find ATS has changed?, i must admit, i actually hate the new look, i cant find anything now, its even more confusing than before, im afraid its driven me away to other easier to read and navigate forums, ill return in a few months to hopefully see it changed again, but to something more simple and easier on the eye - Goodbye for now ATS!

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join