It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, What have you done!?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMax9

A team of member artists and for the love of god I can't remember the link are working with S.O. to change them. ATS Search engine drives me nuts. Regardless they are working on changing it. If you can find that thread more power to you. Please post the link in here.. My beef is with the search engine not smiley faces.. geez....
edit on 9/9/2013 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Your border around your stats got greener vs everyone else kdog. Interesting.
SO Is tweaking things out all day long.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Just Chris
Seriously guys, is this some kind of Beta test gone wrong?

Uh... no.

Seriously. We've been releasing tidbits of the new design for months. Along with an open call to members to help beta test, as well as a wide-open week of open testing of the release-candidate version where all members were given access information.

There was more than ample opportunity for feedback, or personal preparation for the change, for months.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

minkmouse
reply to post by Just Chris

New smileys are in the design stage I have read. The free Co-Co Puff ones over there----->
are silly but help is on the way

The thread is here: New ATS 5/3 smilie thread

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's nice to see a change.

It needs a lot of improvement, but I like it.

edit on 9/9/2013 by ProphetZoroaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Pegasus2000
Its not so much the new design, It reminds of almost an apple Mac thing.

The biggest loss to me is the New Topics menu, Ie New Topics Fire hose and News feeds, Etc. But i guess theirs plenty of other places to hang out again, GLP Forum? LOL

It's still there. Click the little "down chevron" in the top menu (to the right). You will see links to the live feed and fire hose.

NOTE: I am using the dark theme.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

MadMax9
When something works, is easy to navigate, looks good and is loved by everyone.,... it's time to change it!

And what's with the childish emoticons ???

We have Computers, tablets, and cellphones now.. The new ATS is designed to manage all 3 and add extra features and speed things up. I am impressed so far. Their are problems and watching SO tweak them during the day shows how much hard work he is throwing into it. Give it a little time while everything gets worked out. please.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

kdog1982
What happened to my shiny border????

Not that doesn't matters,but I liked it!!!

The shiny borders are now relegated to your stats area. They have gold and silver and now, some members have an extra thick green border. Not sure what the green signifies yet.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

madmangunradio

Pegasus2000

The biggest loss to me is the New Topics menu, Ie New Topics Fire hose and News feeds, Etc. But i guess theirs plenty of other places to hang out again, GLP Forum? LOL

Click the down arrow top right of the page in the menu bar and click LIVE or HOSE.. Geez guy's play with the site a little.

Edited to add It updates live on both.... Also setting up your Avatar is EASY with the upload option. THANK YOU SO!
edit on 9/9/2013 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

Still highly inferior to the old version. First it opens in a window and it seems it is impossible to right click and open it in a new tab instead. And if you click on it so it opens it in a window it will for some reason scroll this very thread I am in to the top of the page for no reason.
And what is up with these huge fonts now???

edit on 9-9-2013 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   

FortAnthem

kdog1982
What happened to my shiny border????

Not that doesn't matters,but I liked it!!!

The shiny borders are now relegated to your stats area. They have gold and silver and now, some members have an extra thick green border. Not sure what the green signifies yet.

I'm a newbie again!!!

Yeah!!

Niboru is coming soon. (notice the spelling)
I took a picture of the moon and in that picture is a blue planet ( lens flare).
This could be fun!

Just kidding of course.

edit on 9-9-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The loss of the new topic fire hose is a blow to lovers of freedom worldwide.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by madmangunradio

madmangunradio

MadMax9
When something works, is easy to navigate, looks good and is loved by everyone.,... it's time to change it!!

Give it a little time while everything gets worked out. please.
MadMax9 is right though. It was working just fine before, yet now it needs more time in order for everything to get worked out..... again.

So far, the only thing that I have seen that in my opinion actually is some sort of an improvement, is the Upload/Images page.

Everything Else = Downgrade

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer using words, rather than using pictures. To me, a lot of it appears as if it could have been designed by 'Fisher Price'. Similar to 'The cow goes MOOOO', wherein the 'Think Tank' decided it would be best to just use a picture of a cow, because most of the kiddies won't yet know what 'C-O-W' actually spells.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

tridentblue
I'm not an old user, so I wasn't used to the old look, but I gotta say this new interface is way easier to use by phone.

The dumbing down of the world. Simplified for the masses.

This design makes it half impossible to see anything but the most recent of posts.

Welcome to another site lowering its standards to that of a lowly mobile device.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

eh these are wack lol. not a big fan of this new set up either but, when some one is use to something change is hard to except. to me it seems things have speed up some witch is a plus in my books. the time will come when this look of ats will be the norm. and you will look back to the old stile to appreciate the new

ah man i got to re size my pic on here
oh well gives me something to do

edit on 9-9-2013 by NISMOALTI because: size my pic

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Chargeit

tridentblue
I'm not an old user, so I wasn't used to the old look, but I gotta say this new interface is way easier to use by phone.

The dumbing down of the world. Simplified for the masses.

This design makes it half impossible to see anything but the most recent of posts.

Welcome to another site lowering its standards to that of a lowly mobile device.

Another thing I love these days is how most modern sites now use scripts for everything when it could be done faster and more simple without the use of any scripts.
Flickr for example is now a perfect example of a site that has been made nearly unusable since everything is scripted.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
How does someone see the 11th new story? This window that opens for "Live/Hose" doesn't seem to have a "Next Page" Button :/

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

gladtobehere

The loss of the new topic fire hose is a blow to lovers of freedom worldwide.
I'm a bit confused as to why a few people have now starred your post, because there is a post above yours that points out exactly where those are now located.

Krakatoa

Pegasus2000

It's still there. Click the little "down chevron" in the top menu (to the right). You will see links to the live feed and fire hose.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

I hope the screenshot is more helpful.
edit on 9/9/2013 by Krakatoa because: Misunderstood the oriinal post, so changed my reply accordingly.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

Mandrakerealmz

How does someone see the 11th new story? This window that opens for "Live/Hose" doesn't seem to have a "Next Page" Button :/

Try clicking 'New'.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join