It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, What have you done!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Seriously guys, is this some kind of Beta test gone wrong? Surely the top dogs didn't approve the new format (design aside).

I presume this new design is probably more mobile 'user' friendly but it does look rather bland and stripped back at the moment....And the smiley faces over there ---> WTF!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Sadly, I hate to be the One to break it to you, but this is the new look, Until the next makeover happens.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000

I'll just have to get used to it then.

But my 2-year-old daughter could design better smiley's than that!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yep. This is the new face of AboveTopSecret.com. I don't like it much either, but clearly, the authorities felt it was a necessary change. Who are we to argue? We're just the peons who unload on this site. We don't pay to keep it up or anything.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Just Chris
Seriously guys, is this some kind of Beta test gone wrong? Surely the top dogs didn't approve the new format (design aside).

I presume this new design is probably more mobile 'user' friendly but it does look rather bland and stripped back at the moment....And the smiley faces over there ---> WTF!

It's not a responsive design so not exactly mobile friendly, but they did make mobile versions of the new look.

This is the new look, approved of by SkepticOverlord himself .. he's quite proud of it ( he's said so himself ) .. I don't love it but I think it's a step up. It will probably see some tweaks over time..

There's also a light version with a toggle in the upper right hand corner of the page, but that's too bright for me.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Just Chris
reply to post by Pegasus2000

I'll just have to get used to it then.

But my 2-year-old daughter could design better smiley's than that!

I have to agree there, not too fond of the smiley's being used..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Ohh aye, actually I prefer the lighter look.....it's changed enough in every other department so why not the colour too!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

New smileys are in the design stage I have read. The free Co-Co Puff ones over there----->
are silly but help is on the way

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'm not an old user, so I wasn't used to the old look, but I gotta say this new interface is way easier to use by phone.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Its not so much the new design, It reminds of almost an apple Mac thing.

The biggest loss to me is the New Topics menu, Ie New Topics Fire hose and News feeds, Etc. But i guess theirs plenty of other places to hang out again, GLP Forum? LOL

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

LOL...I didn't know about the LED flashlight button top right but it lights up the whole cave. Too bright for me also

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

With the upsurge in the sale of tablet and smart phones it is patently obvious that the advertising revenue that helps to pay for this site would be under threat unless it adapted to the new format but I agree the new style is horrendous. still it work's and like the old saying it is the content not the cover of the book that matter's and I am sure we sill eventually get used to it, Eventually.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
At least I did find what icon pack they are using for emoticons / smileys

fontello.github.io...

It's a font
edit on 9/9/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Im not a massive fan of this new design either, but im sure as time goes by it will become easier to get around. I dont know if its a change for the better, time will tell. I do like the new smileys though haha

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Pegasus2000

The biggest loss to me is the New Topics menu, Ie New Topics Fire hose and News feeds, Etc. But i guess theirs plenty of other places to hang out again, GLP Forum? LOL

Those still exist .. there's an icon with a green arrow pointing down in the upper right of the screen next to logout, that opens a submenu .. the new topics and fire hose are to the far right of the sub menu

edit on 9/9/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Oh, I missed them! Thanks for the pointer, Now the changeover is not quite so painful, another drink and we'll be back to new!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Pegasus2000

Click the down arrow top right of the page in the menu bar and click LIVE or HOSE.. Geez guy's play with the site a little.

Edited to add It updates live on both.... Also setting up your Avatar is EASY with the upload option. THANK YOU SO!
edit on 9/9/2013 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Personally I have not had much of a problem with the new design, in fact I prefer it with the sizing of pictures, youtube videos and text. I find it more settling and accessible for the eye.

I use the dark setting, the white one is a little heavy on the eye, other than that the only problem I am finding so far is navigating. That's something I can work on, I did it once and I can do it again

Not too keen on the emoticons but I guess it's something I can get used too also. Then again they could be great for expression we just need more of them.

Just my two pence.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
When something works, is easy to navigate, looks good and is loved by everyone.,... it's time to change it!

And what's with the childish emoticons ???

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What happened to my shiny border????

Not that doesn't matters,but I liked it!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join