It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Reintroduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ATS, it's been a while. I'm really digging the new looks of things around here. It's been made to look a lot cleaner, so I thought I may also come back and begin to lurk once more.

I'd say only about a tenth of the ATSers know me - though I can't say that 5 years of absence hasn't changed me at all. But, I figure I'll go through the motions since I feel that after being gone for so long - I probably qualify as a new member of sorts once again.

So hello to all the members and staff that I do know and those whom I haven't yet met. My real name is Michael - and ATS is the only other forum I visit now safe for an administrative forum (that's another topic that doesn't mean much here.) I am a second year undergrad attending college right now in Missouri as a History Major on the track for a Doctorate (I also have a minor in Art History and Anthropology).

I can't promise that you'll necessarily see me around on the forums too much. I don't particularly have interest in conspiracy theories. I respectfully don't buy into them at the value that most people give them. I appreciate people not trying to persuade me into thinking that I will or should - simply because I am open minded as it is, but I just don't find that the ideas fit my opinions. However, I do find the debate aspect and discussion interesting.

Last I checked though ATS was full of quite a number of topics, so for those who have no problems going "outside and wandering around", you might just find me.

It's good to be back guys!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hi Shugo, nice to meet you! Oddly enough I only joined after years of lying on the outskirts following the recent makeover. Like it a lot!

Anyway, glad to hear you're open minded and look forward to seeing you on the forums!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
how very odd, I too did a re-intro the other day.

Well, I say re-welcome to you!!
My thread

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

Welcome aboard/back to you both as well!

Argun - That's the norm mostly. I was lurking ATS way back during its origins even, but didn't join until 2004 (this means I lurked for at least 6 years). Sadly though, I was quite the child then, my ideas might have been okay but I don't think my opinions were that well formed.

Shadow Watcher - I feel as if I should remember you, what forums were you active in? A strange coincidence to our returns indeed!

Cheers

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I was all over the board in the beginning. I was a sponge for the topics.
9/11, ufo and crypto were kind of my defaults.

I recall your name, it reminded me of Sluggo. Weird association, I know.
Seeing the old timers that are still around does me good. I have a weakness for looking backwards more than forward. I don't know about you, but just about all of my 'friends' here are long gone.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Ah, I focused more on the Aircraft Projects forums and BTS initially myself. I read a lot of the Aliens & UFOs topics though (but stayed out of most discussion there).

Sluggo is probably what most people would associate me with though.

I don't use this username anywhere anymore, ATS is the only place I ever used it and honestly - I had a feeling one day I'd hate it. I still have a fair amount of people that I know on here, but only a couple of "friends" myself. Most went on to bigger and better things, or just got tired I think.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It's a shame so many left. The weapons and aircraft sites were quite the place to be back then.
I remember the big players there that knew SO much. They could identify anything asked.

I also lurked in the space (NASA) and masons areas quite a bit.
The occult was of great interest to me and I learned a great deal from the mason members.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
intelgurl was the one who always stood out. Waynos and the others as well. That's okay we still have Zaphod, and I'm sure there are others. I'm probably not as well verse with military arms as I used to be, I had to make room in my mind for more things that have to do with me.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If you're still into writing, I've been there off and on over the years.
I'm due to submit another story soon, just waiting for the right contest to come along.
There's some real talent in the writing forum.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm brushing up on my writing now. I've gotten a lot better, but still have a bit of a ways to go. I am up to my eyeballs in writing assignments this semester and keep finding books upon books to read everywhere. I'm a hopeless scholar, I'm going to live my life reading (not that it's a bad thing!).

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Always nice to see older registered members saying hello, if you have any questions about the place just ask.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Welcome back, Shugo!

I hope you devote at least a small portion of your time posting. I’ve found that the longtime lurkers seem to have a much different perspective than those of us entering later in the game (stands to reason I suppose).

I’m looking forward to your contributions.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Thanks for that seabag!

I will say I intend to make contributions here and there, but I can't promise how many is all! My nose is almost constantly in a book these days, but I will at least be around and see what's going on. The only question is when I will step out of the shadows and make a comment. But I will look forward to reading your posts and ideas as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

rules are rules.

wth is this bs?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Shugo

Thanks! Well, I suppose it's probably quite normal that people's opinions evolve over time on various issues after being able to take in more information and time to analyse it.

Good to meet you and see you around!

top topics

join