It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: 'Breakthrough' is possible on Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Exactly, then that makes you all talk and a big windbag...

But this is not an isolated incident (see Libya).

TRUE! Such as it is, America (by way of Obama) will still be considered “the bully” no matter what happens with Syria.

Regardless, how to save face when every bone in your body and everything you have said says you're gonna "get these guys" for their supposed used to chemical weapons.

There is no graceful way out….however; there is a RIGHT and WRONG way though. Staying out of Syria would be the RIGHT way.

Yeah, they gotta save face 'cause they are all Gung ho with bombing the # outta them more than they are with trying to solve it diplomatically.

And the world knows and sees this.

I can’t argue against that point….you’re correct. Everything they’ve done up to this point indicates they’re hell bent on taking out Syria militarily.

As I stated in my first post, I don’t care what reason he’s changing his tune on Syria (even slightly) as long as he’s CHANGING HIS TUNE. The US has no business in Syria so I’ll be content with a decision to back down gracefully and claim political victory (you know that no matter what the outcome it will be declared a brilliant strategic victory). I’m cool with that.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Liquesence
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah, because Russia became the new diplomats, while the US remains the military aggressor.

How to save face from this one, when you're shown to be the international bully and your "foe" is diplomatically de-escalating the situation?

edit on 9-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

You cant change the script now! If nothing happens, with the help of the Russians order will be returned to Syria, and as far as Israel is concerned you still have the same old problems. Unless good faith talks are entered into by all parties. but sadly you cant do that with extreme Islam.
The Charm offensive by the Ruskies, is pretty good. With state propaganda ie. RT. coming out and saying 9/11 was an inside job, they are trying to destabilise the American Gov. (Psychological warfare at its best). But Can we have proof? Oh whoops proof dosn't matter. all that matters is what is perceived as the truth. "Believe none of what you see, and half of what you hear"

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
You have to give Assad enough time to move out of Syria, all the weapons Saddam moved to Syria.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Agree 100%.

We're on the same page.

Nothing else to add to that.

edit on 9-9-2013 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

MrSpad
What you can deduce from all this that the UN report is not going to go Assads way and that Russians know the world is going know Assads forces used the gas. Russia desperate to protect its arms market has siezed upon this as chance to delay Assads fall and keep making some money. The US goal in these strikes would be to keep Assad from using gas again. By turing over the weapons that meets its goal and Assads regime lives a little longer. I do not know how realistic is to have international troops in Syria to take the weapons as much like the rebels Assad does not have direct control of all the forces on his side. I also expect the West to finaly start arming and training the rebels.

The UN report doesn't matter, remember Obama said it's just a bunch of hocus pocus.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Merry band of goofballs, that's funny.
Who would have ever thought putin would have to save Americans from their own president.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
What will he come out and say next ?

" I don't deserve the Nobel Peace Prize, let's give it to Putin" .

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Take the offer and don't be stupid. Russia, does not make offers or solutions that often. And the last time it did, it was on the brink of war with the USA. So we should consider their offer and take it, let them work out the details and if it happens again, we can then point to their failure to prevent the use of a chemical weapons.

Let’s look at the other side of this coin (for the sake of discussion).

Russia is a dedicated ally of both Syria and Iran. Is the international community to allow RUSSIA (Syria’s ally) to be the broker of this supposed disarmament deal and allow this crap to drag out for another few years like Iran and N. Korea? Does anybody REALLY think that Syria is going to turn its weapons over? This seems like another one of those long, drawn out UN WEAPONS INSPECTOR dramas that gives everyone time to shuffle assets and dig in.

I’m not advocating a strike on Syria (quite the opposite) but to act as though somehow RUSSIA has the international community’s best interest at heart is a bit naïve. I’m not ready to organize a parade or nominate Putin for a Noble Peace Prize just yet.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

stormdancer777
reply to

Merry band of goofballs, that's funny.
Who would have ever thought putin would have to save Americans from their own president.

Putin is not saving Americans from Obama, he is trying to save Assad from Obama.. Putin is only protecting his own interest and knows if Obama did bomb Syria there is not much they could do to stop it.. If Russia would of done this in the beginning we wouldn't be in this crisis. Russia does not want to go toe to toe with the US over Syria, it is not worth it.
edit on 9-9-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Putin is not saving Americans from Obama, he is trying to save Assad from Obama.. Putin is only protecting his own interest and knows if Obama did bomb Syria there is not much they could do to stop it.. If Russia would of done this in the beginning we wouldn't be in this crisis. Russia does not want to go toe to toe with the US over Syria, it is not worth it.

Exactly!

Putin is no dummy. He has his own best interests in mind....as do we. He needs his puppets in Syria and Iran to keep his lucrative deals in tact. He will do whatever he can to keep US out of the region.

edit on 9-9-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That won't solve the issue, because the issue was never chemical weapons.
They will find a way to have their war. I guarantee it. False flag, or arming the rebels with more advanced weaponry.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It's good he has changed his tune but he sorta had no choice. How could he justify not looking at this option. He is right - if had not threatened war they wouldn't have made such offers. So perhaps a no vote from congress on the contigency Assad does as he says.

He took what was a fairly intelligent converstion and ruined it with his 8th grade rhetoric of....yea he wishes he could fight back; he only kills children. Why Obama do you feel the need to resort to egging it on? It makes you look immature and quite unintelliegnt. Speak like a president should, and keep it professional.

He always has to have the last sucker punch doesn't he. Don't like Assad but that wasn't necessary.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

pirhanna

That won't solve the issue, because the issue was never chemical weapons.
They will find a way to have their war. I guarantee it. False flag, or arming the rebels with more advanced weaponry.

The conspiracy theorist in me agrees with you….

Then again, I still believe in FEMA camps, so…!

Things are moving fast. Congress will be back in session to vote NO soon. I think Obama is using this as a way to start ratcheting down the tough talk. He wants to save face and still have the ability to blame congress in any event. However....I think unilateral action without congressional approval is off the table now.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I really hate quoting myself.

abecedarian
You have to give Assad enough time to move out of Syria, all the weapons Saddam moved to Syria.

www.nysun.com...

The man who served as the no. 2 official in Saddam Hussein's air force says Iraq moved weapons of mass destruction into Syria before the war by loading the weapons into civilian aircraft in which the passenger seats were removed.

I'll beg the people to consider- Russia put the weapons with Saddam so that 'maybe' they could resurrect their cold-war ambitions of a take-over of the middle east

Now that you've been thinking.....
edit on 9/9/2013 by abecedarian because: Who was running the show?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

earthling42

He is just selling lies and his plan has been thrown under a bus by Kerry and his proposal about handing over the chemical weapons.

He still mainains the lie that assad is killing his own people and that assad was the one who has used chemical weapons.

Speaking to Russia's foreign minister Sergei Lavrov Mr Kerry said that his comments were not meant to be a proposal.

www.itv.com...

Syria said ok, will do.

And it hilarious that Kerry mentioned it like it was some kind of surprise and then the miracle of Russia going 'public' about the 'magic proposal'...

He knew all about it long beforehand.

Haaetz had the story last night !!

No mention of that in the MSM ... Hmmm.

Member Dianec started a thread last night www.abovetopsecret.com...

Gotta love how they divert

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad could avoid a U.S. military strike by surrendering all his chemical weapons within a week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Monday, but immediately made clear he was not making a serious offer. ..............

Kerry: Syrian surrender of chemical arms could stop U.S. attack

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Not so fast , if you think the rebels are just going to let Russia parade in and take their ace card your dreaming, this is bad news imo of something big to come, just a hunch but a good one.
edit on 9-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
On second thought:

I had given obama credit for his statement that they woudn't have done this without the threat of a US strike - I digress. Was a diplomaric offer ever made by the US. No it was not. So how does he know they wouln't have agreed to this? It could have been done quietly, with the threat of war looming but diplomacy wasn't sought first. We will never know if it wouldn't have worked because he never tried so how can he state this as fact. Had it been tried and succeeded the US would be taming this - not Russia.

And he has officially admitted they are no threat to the US. Can't ever try to bypass congress with that statement again with Syria.

And to comment to the poster above who mentioned Kerry taking credit for the idea of "get rid of weapons and we will back off" - good you noticed. Hope others see through that as well. They aren't very good at acting anymore are they?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No offense but I don't understand where the "conspiracy theory" in this is.. It's known that the rebels have been assisted in Syria since at least 2011. (leaked)

Wikileaks
edit on 9-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

Uhhh no idea why that link isnt working..

https://__._/gifiles/docs/1671459_insight-military-intervention-in-syria-post-withdrawal.html

Might be a glitch, anyway google it I guess.
(laugh out loud) gonna take a while to get used to this new board haha.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

seabag
reply to post by Liquesence

If you don’t actually DO ANYTHING then you’re not the bully….you’re just a big mouth, right?

Most bullies are just talk, so he is indeed a big bully. Who the world knows now, will not EVER follow through on his threats. Even though I am against involvement in Syria, this man, he is the biggest threat to America. PERIOD>

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Wow What?? I didnt post a new one... LOL

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join