It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity or Separation - which way do you choose to see things and WHY? Which brings more Peace and Joy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Would you care to answer this?

What are you though?? Are you what is appearing or are you what is seeing and knowing the appearance?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What are you though?? Are you what is appearing or are you what is seeing and knowing the appearance?

I don't quite understand the question. To whom am I supposed to be appearing?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

daskakik

Because when you used "for you" you created a bias. You asked a loaded question.

Pointing out what someone else sees exposes that bias and rebukes your assertion.

edit on 11-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

The question is -
Is there anything appearing for you when you are in deep sleep? For you or for anyone? Not for someone who is wide awake looking at someone in deep sleep. When you are in deep sleep is there anything appearing? Do you even know you exist?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Itisnowagain

daskakik

Because when you used "for you" you created a bias. You asked a loaded question.

Pointing out what someone else sees exposes that bias and rebukes your assertion.

edit on 11-9-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

The question is -
Is there anything appearing for you when you are in deep sleep? For you or for anyone? Not for someone who is wide awake looking at someone in deep sleep. When you are in deep sleep is there anything appearing? Do you even know you exist?

I would have to argue that the body or brain is aware of its existence while the consciousness takes a timeout.
Because if it wasnt self aware then the electrical signals in our body would cease, and we would die due to mass organ failure.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Are you what you see? Or are you the thing that is seeing what is seen? Are you the image or are you the one seeing the image?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne

I don't quite understand the question. To whom am I supposed to be appearing?

In deep sleep you don't appear to exist - it is only when the light comes on (when the eyes open in the morning) that you know you are.
When you wake in the morning there is an appearance - you see something (maybe a pillow or the ceiling) you can see. There is light but before you awoke there was nothing to be seen or heard.
So are you what is appearing or are you seeing what is appearing?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Are you what you see? Or are you the thing that is seeing what is seen? Are you the image or are you the one seeing the image?

If I see a tree, it becomes apparent that I am not that tree.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Itisnowagain
The question is -

And as I have already pointed out, that is a loaded question.

I try not to do loaded questions.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I'm fairly certain I am not a pillow.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

So what makes you think differently about your body? You are the thing that controls your body, but you are not the body itself. Your body is only a vessel for your spirit, which is what animates the body you see.
edit on 11-9-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

daskakik

Itisnowagain
The question is -

And as I have already pointed out, that is a loaded question.

I try not to do loaded questions.

I do not understand what you mean by a loaded question. Does it mean that if you answer it you might have to open the box?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

So what makes you think differently about your body? You are the thing that controls your body, but you are not the body itself. Your body is only a vessel for your spirit, which is what animates the body you see.

Because it is my body that sees the tree, not a spirit. A spirit doesn't control my body, my body controls my body.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

So you are what you see? If you are what you see then you are that tree just like you are the body that you see. Your body can control that tree too, it can shake it, cut it down, carry it, shape it, build it into a house, etc., so with that philosophy you are what you see, no matter what it is.

Why do you let religion control the way you think?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

So you are what you see? If you are what you see then you are that tree just like you are the body that you see. Your body can control that tree too, it can shake it, cut it down, carry it, shape it, build it into a house, etc., so with that philosophy you are what you see, no matter what it is.

Why do you let religion control the way you think?

I am what I see? Reductio ad absurdum. It makes little sense what you are preaching and I feel you are grasping at straws here.

Do you realize you're trying to tell me that I am a tree?

Are eyes of the body? or of the spirit?

Enlighten me on how a spirit sees.

edit on 11-9-2013 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne

I'm fairly certain I am not a pillow.

Can you be certain about what you are? Have you ever wondered?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Can you?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

TheSubversiveOne

Can you?

Yes.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Itisnowagain
I do not understand what you mean by a loaded question.

Loaded Question – a question that carries an assumption, and is worded in such a way so that the respondent who answers the question directly admits to accepting that assumption.

Does it mean that if you answer it you might have to open the box?

This is also a loaded question.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

daskakik

Itisnowagain
I do not understand what you mean by a loaded question.

Loaded Question – a question that carries an assumption, and is worded in such a way so that the respondent who answers the question directly admits to accepting that assumption.

Does it mean that if you answer it you might have to open the box?

This is also a loaded question.

It does not matter if the answer to the question does not appear on this screen.
Can you hear the question?

Will the mind 'admit' it or will it not allow the question to be heard?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yes.

Then you have taken a leap of faith.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join