It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage exorcists who say Harry Potter has corrupted the world head to Britain armed with Bibles and

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

AlliumIslelily
I have a hard time believing that they believe what they're saying. They really seem like they're just trolling everyone, which would be hilarious. If not, I have no words...

I was raised in a family like that and went to a private school. This is not acting. They are not that smart.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

crazyewok
America can you PLEASE not send you southen religius nut jobs over to the UK? PLEASE!

We don't take too kindly to there types round these here parts!

The sisters can stay since they got pretty mouths!
LoL

Cue the Banjo music.............Zip!

edit on 10-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
You put up this thread to ridicule these guys. I am going to agree with them because if you have any idea of what that movie is about you wouldn't be laughing. I used to live in a town that was infested with "harry potter"..real life. and everybody knew what was going on.

if you just knew what's that movie all about, you wouldn't even dare watching it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BristolStew

"I used to live in a town that was infested with "harry potter"..real life."

Where are you from then, Hogsmeade per chance?
LoL

"if you just knew what's that movie all about, you wouldn't even dare watching it."

You have my attention now, I would like to know what I missed. So what are the Potter flicks really all about?

edit on 10-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

Ha Ha ...that made me laugh!!! Hey i am surprised they are not from Mississippi.

But seriously, not all of us here in MS are as bad as we are made out to be.

Some of us just stay in our own teepee(Kansas) and hardly venture outside (OZ) he he

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

BristolStew
You put up this thread to ridicule these guys. I am going to agree with them because if you have any idea of what that movie is about you wouldn't be laughing. I used to live in a town that was infested with "harry potter"..real life. and everybody knew what was going on.

if you just knew what's that movie all about, you wouldn't even dare watching it.

I think you are confusing the ideology of people watching the movie to convict them versus people who watch it to entertain themselves. These movies have lore to a certain extent, but no more than other works of fiction to be honest. The damage that comes from stories like these can be found in almost any trilogy or series. To simply postulate that the movie itself is "bad" and is about "evil things" is to chastise an entire culture which is not acceptable even by the Christian standard.

If you're going to make the argument that "we wouldn't be laughing if we knew what it was all about", then please proceed to actually tell us what you mean by that. Present your theory, otherwise it is a baseless remark which is irrelevant.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Harry Potter films were not about the devil or Satan so what is the problem for the three hyoung girlies? In each episode of Harry's time at Hogworts we were shown triumph over evil, youngsters saw heroes and heroines, loyalty among friends, a love for animals except by the baddies, a great intro to the mandrake . It also showed kids that it was cool to be clever like Hermione.

So I think you can balance any ideas that the Potter films are an evil influence with all that is good within the films themselves.

We all enjoyed the films. But if people want to listen to the three evangelists then its up to them.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

People will do anything to get their five minutes of fame... Even if it means making crazy claims like this...

It's pretty bad when even ATS members find this ridiculous.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

ugh...i'm christian, but really? these people give anyone who follows christ a bad name. what about all the magic in narnia by famous christian author c.s. lewis? one of the books in the series is called "magician's nephew". what about lord of the rings?

if they took a few days and actually read the harry potter series they'd find them no more blasphemous than what c.s. lewis wrote. i find the series has many christian tones.

I was raised in a family like that and went to a private school. This is not acting. They are not that smart.

i can't claim to have had a family "like that", however i attended a private christian school and most of the teachers enjoyed the books. there was the odd one who thought it was too witchcrafty, but they couldn't ever come up with a defense for their reasoning when i would pick up a c.s. lewis book from their desk and ask what the difference was.
edit on 11-9-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

crazyewok
America can you PLEASE not send you southen religius nut jobs over to the UK? PLEASE!

We sent them Piers Morgan soooooooo...

Lets just call it quits! LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Biigs

crazyewok

We only sent one Piers though, does that mean we owe America a couple more?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by research100

From my point of view. Dont worry about these 3 girls making America look bad. These 3 seem to have their unique and totally own kind of crazy going.

My god this is hilarious

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The only thing real about any of the spells in Harry Potter is some of the Latin. Most of the spells as far as I can tell are derived from real latin and nothing more.

Sectumsempra derives from the Latin sectum, having been cut (comparable to the English word section or segmented), and semper, always. It can be translated as always cutting or sever forever.

The levicorpus incantation can be divided into two separate Latin words; levare means lift, and corpus is translated to body

Rowling says they are all derived from other dialects and are generally bastardizations of the actual word and dialect from which it comes.

Abracadabra!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

uncommitted

Biigs

crazyewok

We only sent one Piers though, does that mean we owe America a couple more?

One Piers Morgan equals about a 20 of these religious nutjobs plus you guys sent us Martin Bashir! So the only way things could be even is if we sent you the whole Westboro Baptist Church!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Get them out of my country, please.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

toxicspikes
Get them out of my country, please.

No no no no no not so fast there, Bunko. It was your J. K. Rowling which started this whole thing by stealing the manuscript William Kelly's " 'Sam Muldoon and The Philosopher's Stone' so just live with it, hear?

Ripoff

Arouet

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

omass
reply to post by BROVIDSdotConn

Should I say the holy prair?

PATER NOSTER

Father Satan,
Save us from sin,
and forgive us like we forgive our debtors,
O' Father Satan,
Your Kingdom will come,
your kingdom will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven
And do not lead us into temtation,
or evil.

LaVeyan is our holy prophet, praised his name shall be. But do not worry, Father Satan is tolerant of all other faiths, as long as it's LaVeyan Satanism.

Let's see Satanist atrocities :few hundreds throughout history
christian atrocities throughout history :millions and millions tortured and killed

Not to mention the wipe-out of ancient (books of) science, astronomy and mathematics cause they related them to satanic rituals

Not to mention the uncontrolled killing of cats and snakes (and the rise of the plague) cause they thought they were related to demons!

(notachristian.org...)
(www.truthbeknown.com...)

You are not so evil afterall.... I am far more afraid, of christians
(the true evil of this world, with a veil of goodness for cover)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Dear Britain,

As an American, I apologize for The Reverend Larson Show. However, if you want to go see lovely young girls play dominatrix to sexual demons (because "the majority of possessions come about through sexual abuse”--his words. not mine) to the "point of the pain" (his words, not mine), and the majority possessed are females, then have fun, if that's your idea of fun... desert, herself, isn't into that ...unless, maybe, the Reverend can have a show using a troupe of male exorcists, and they get me writhing on the floor ...but, I digress. ...

Now, this guy has had a decades long lucrative gig doing this, so you'll see polished performers. No doubt the girls graduated summa cum laude from Larson's International School of Exorcism.

Like Simon, Bob Larson has attached money to the supposed power of the Holy Spirit. Earlier I told you how excited Bob was to plant these DWJD deliverance teams across the country. He should be excited because to become a member of the DWJD team you must first pay Larson $4,000. I’m not making this up. You can see it for yourself on his website.

And the $4,000 fee is only the beginning. After that you must attend Larson’s workshops and seminars on topics like “ Uncovering the Mystery of Multiple Personalities” only $299 plus transportation and lodging.

Or perhaps you’d like to attend one of Larson’s 5 day “Restoration Retreat’s”. During these five days, Bob Larson, along with a staff of medical and mental health experts, financial advisors and experienced lay ministers, will minister to your physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Only $1,500 (tax deductible) plus transportation.

If you don’t have time to travel you can take advantage of Bob Larson’s expertise by phone in the privacy of your own home or office. Larson’s personal coaching program is “a 12-step program designed to meet your needs and goals. Your journey to full spiritual potential begins with your very own Personal Profile. This 20-page spiritual diagnosis will uncover crucial aspects of your life. Bob will personally pray over your Profile and God will reveal to him the keys to your freedom and spiritual development.” Only $199 per week payable in three easy installments.

source, a good read

Now, dear friends, if you aren't going to buy a ticket to the show, here is what it will be like

Meeting the Exorcist

Look, you sent us Ozzy Osbourne! It's only fair we send you back someone who would like to perform an exorcism on him! No, that's not fair; Ozzy had some great music.

Well, I could say more about Larson, but I bet by now you get that the Devil and Demons have made him quite wealthy. Poor man. No, poor suckers he got that money from. Larson and family, go exorcise your self! De damnatis de daemone!

cheers!
desert

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This bantering uselessly about who sent these tiny child-terrorists to Britain is absurd. If the UK doesn't like Americans - which I am not - and how we treat them, then may I suggest you win the next damn Revolutionary War?

Arouet

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join