Ghost screaming in haunted hotel - 3 min video

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well, I finished dinner and decided to do a search about the Wingate Hotel. Seems the only thing that comes up is pretty much for the video. It did NOT show up under the ten most haunted hotels for the state of Ill..

I suppose I should have done this before posting the video, but I guess I got a little excited about it, silly me.

Anyhow, I apologize for the false start. With all that said, while many seem to have a valid point that it is probably hoaxed, it was still kind of fun to check out and maybe someone else can do a better search to find more info.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

By the youtube comments, most of the youtubers don't buy it either.. I also found a thread about it on another site and they seem to agree it's a hoax.

It's plausible that wingate themselves had this created to generate some publicity..

Someone also brought up another interesting thing.. how come we can hear the screams, but we can't hear a single word John says?

Also the youtube poster has posted it on another forum and posted several other of his videos tagged with "Film and Animation" which makes it sound like he himself may be an amateur filmmaker ..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Actually to add to my previous post ..

The poster of the youtube video ( jimmynut22 ) also left this comment on another video..

Hey! My name is Turner Clay and I made the movie State of Emergency. Just came across your review and wanted to say thanks for watching our little film. I will take "6 out of 10" any day! Thanks again!

So .. the creator of this youtube video is in fact a filmmaker.. and actually the movie he mentions is on netflix or amazon, I know I saw the cover there but it had negative reviews.

Here's the link

Another one of Jimmynut22's videos has the following description..

Title: Alien caught on camera

This video was submitted to us by the hotel security manager who was standing watch on September 14, 2003 at a WINGATE HOTEL in Illinois. His voice can be heard in the background

ALL CAPS .. Wingate Hotel ... I think this filmmaker was hired to get them publicity.. it seems EXTREMELY obvious now... So Wingate Hotel is the victim of aliens too!
edit on 9/9/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

miniatus
Actually to add to my previous post ..

The poster of the youtube video ( jimmynut22 ) also left this comment on another video..

Hey! My name is Turner Clay and I made the movie State of Emergency. Just came across your review and wanted to say thanks for watching our little film. I will take "6 out of 10" any day! Thanks again!

So .. the creator of this youtube video is in fact a filmmaker.. and actually the movie he mentions is on netflix or amazon, I know I saw the cover there but it had negative reviews.

Here's the link

Another one of Jimmynut22's videos has the following description..

Title: Alien caught on camera

This video was submitted to us by the hotel security manager who was standing watch on September 14, 2003 at a WINGATE HOTEL in Illinois. His voice can be heard in the background

ALL CAPS .. Wingate Hotel ... I think this filmmaker was hired to get them publicity.. it seems EXTREMELY obvious now... So Wingate Hotel is the victim of aliens too!

Well, that should put an end to this.......... Or will it?

The evidence for a hoax is VERY, VERY strong... Lets see what happens now...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
This is fake.

First off, it just so happens that two (2) security cameras are conveniently placed and trained on one room?

Secondly, where's the video of the police showing up?

Thirdly, why didn't he turn the light on instead of using his flashlight?

And since when do hotels record phone calls?

Seems more like a promo for a prank show to me...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Anyone notice the so called "ghost" looked like it was wareing a bed sheet?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Akragon
Anyone notice the so called "ghost" looked like it was wareing a bed sheet?

All they'd need to do to fake that is have someone come out covered in a sheet, or not even covered really.. then they can overlay that footage on top of the original footage.. adjust the transparency way up and fuzz up the edges.. that kind of trick is super simple to create.. especially with a stationary camera.. the footage was obviously edited anyway, they added a creepy ambient soundtrack.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

FlySolo
Pfffft. Prove it a hoax before claiming it is. How hypocritical

Not one single piece of hard scientific evidence has been found to prove that ghosts exist. That in and of itself proves the video is a HOAX. You can read more about that here:

www.livescience.com...

.... and/or any number of other links if you type "can science prove ghosts are real" or something similar into a search engine.

Gorillas were not considered real until they were discovered...have you heard of the coelacanth?

Until they positively prove one way or the other, no one can say for sure one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A more believable looking hoax than normal, but I "feel" this is a hoax... prob a publicity project as suggested.

The things that felt wrong were the easily heard screams... usually they don't record so well, for whatever reason, the stagey feel of it all and the ghosty looking thingy and blinking light was too cliche'.

But mainly, the room being torn up is too over-the-top... that only happens with relatively few poltergeisty haunts, though showers and faucets turning on is more usual... again, for whatever reason.

So note to next filmmaker... tone it down, less cohesive and make the ghost thingy less campy.

I'm not a ghost "believer." I lived with a couple of them for a few years so I know they exist, whatever that really means.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Real or hoax ... that was a fun video. Just in time for fall and halloween.
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In scanning the thread, it appears that the posters here in general do not believe in ghosts. I believe that there are things that appear to be ghosts.... but are demons in reality.

In any case, the 'ghost', like any other non-paying guests, should be banned and if needed exorcized from the hotel, like the freeloading vermin they are.... The nerve of them, thinking that they can just stay in a hotel for free.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well I went a hotel a few weeks back and it had camera's on every level facing every direction.

But the key here is who the hell records radio transmissions in security?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

FlySolo

Not one single piece of hard scientific evidence has been found to prove that ghosts exist. That in and of itself proves the video is a HOAX. You can read more about that here:

OMG really guy... you know the Alien and UFO topic as been around for years! and there are sightings EVERYDAY and the better technology we us the better these sightings get on camera. The Government doesnt want the people to know they exist cause it would turn our world upside down.

Are you telling me that doesnt exist too?? that we should just say"uuuh ok it doesnt exist george im gonna eat my bananna now"...

What a tool!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

This could easily have been a staged event with some bored security team. They never showed any video or images from inside of the room so we could see the carpet torn up and the furniture turned upside down. Even then, those could've been staged as well.

It's also quite convenient for the camera to be right outside of the particular room, and pointing so that you couldn't see inside to see the furniture.

Sorry, but this is a hoax until proven otherwise.

I'm sorry, but that attitude is just as assumptive, absolutist, and stupid as saying "Oh, it's screaming so it definitely has to be ghosts."

It is a huge assumption. "Hoax" is a very clearly defined thing, and its also a pretty serious accusation outside sites like this. People on this site tend to throw around that word carelessly, and use it synonymously with "untrue." That is not the proper usage of this word. For something to be a "hoax" there has to be willful deceit. For you to suggest the the only possibility here is "hoax" is to completely fail at basic logic. Because it could be not only a hoax, or a "paranormal" event, but it could also be something mundane and explainable yet presently unexplained. To automatically assume deceit on the part of the hotel staff is not only logically unsound, it's also not very nice.

_BoneZ_

FlySolo

www.livescience.com...

.... and/or any number of other links if you type "can science prove ghosts are real" or something similar into a search engine.

And just when I thought the statements couldn't get any dumber.... This is even more absolutist and baseless than your previous statement. The fact that the existence of ghosts has not positively been proven does not mean that all phenomenon related to ghosts are "hoaxed." Please stop completely mis-using that word.

Also take note of the quote in my signature. You'd be wise to consider it, from what I've read of your posts.

That being said, I will concede to your point about having a camera right outside the door. That does seem a little odd. Though we don't know how many cams they have, or how they're typically positioned. The room might be right near an elevator... I don't know. But your suggesting it's in any way strange that there is no footage inside the room is completely ridiculous. IMHO that's the one thing that would hint at a hoax. Hotels don't normally put cameras inside guest rooms. And a guard going to routinely check on a noise would not have a cam with him, unless he thought to take out his cellphone or something.

Anyway, I think you should think your statements through a little more clearly before you make them. And please stop completely abusing and mis-using the word "hoax." It really detracts from the credibility of your opinions.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Or some pranksters put some screaming beetles or cicadas behind the woodwork

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

_BoneZ_

This could easily have been a staged event with some bored security team. They never showed any video or images from inside of the room so we could see the carpet torn up and the furniture turned upside down. Even then, those could've been staged as well.

It's also quite convenient for the camera to be right outside of the particular room, and pointing so that you couldn't see inside to see the furniture.

Sorry, but this is a hoax until proven otherwise.

You do know that cameras can pivot, right? I'm pretty sure that's what happened here. Why be so close minded? The lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean it's not real. I don't believe you exist. Maybe my friend decided to play a joke on me, make an account and say what you said. There's no evidence otherwise, right? Logical argument.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

The only thing that is proves is that science is not yet advanced enough to prove or disprove non-physical phenomena. It will get there eventually.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Either it's too good or not good enough no winning with non believers!

now if the police where called there would be a report on record of this incident
does anyone know how to get a police report in Illinois?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Spoiler: This is true in Cambodia it is an - really old screaming gecko.
Gecko scream example- www.youtube.com...
this really happened to me in real life twice. so unexplained screaming in rooms is real but its explainable.
im not crazy so I new there was an explanation.
I was drunk in a hotel in Cambodia.
I woke in my room in the middle of the night to a loud screaming voice of a girl in my room.
at first I was terrified , but then I realized no girl was in my room so I got up and walked to the curtains next to the window where the scream was coming from.
I moved the curtains but it didn't stop the scream, I looked out the window and realized/remembered I was 10 storeys up in a building,there was nothing but air outside. then the scream stopped. I was amazed I actually believed for a few days that I had experienced a real ghost but it didn't hurt me.
it happened again in another hotel then I thought this ghost is following me.

eventually I asked my travel guide sheepishly thinking he would think im crazy, if there was anything in Cambodia that screams in the middle of the night and really loudly like a little girl screaming, I told him it happened at the window in my room and it was following me.

he paused for a second then told me, geckos those little lizzards that walk on the roof . when they get really old they can actually scream like a real person. even though they r tiny like the size of a finger on your hand. the gecko must have been hidden around the window sill somewhere, made it sound like the window was screaming. 2 geckos in 2 different hotels.
edit on 12-9-2013 by gregoryj because: added video ezample of gecko

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join