It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My GSKYFOCUSER

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
The GSkyfocuser is a motor powered adaption, which aids the focusing of a telescope. The GSkyfocuser enables the user to adjust the focal image seen through the telescope, without the use of manually adjusting the telescope’s focus knob.
The GSKyfocuser differs from any other auto focuser as it is able to be fitted to any telescope with a rear visual locking nut. The size of the telescope determines the diameter of the motor mounting bracket hole (which is placed over the thread of the rear visual locking nut) and can be custom made on request of an order.
Furthermore, its unique design enables an imaging device/s to be fitted to the telescope whilst the motor mounting bracket remains in place. An imaging device can therefore be used in conjunction with the GSkyfocuser.
Many thanks for reading this
Graham

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by madforit96

That sounds like a handy bit of kit! My Bushnell 3" reflecting telescope probably wouldnt benifit from it however. Apart from not appearing to have any such nut on it, it also has a busted elevator arm, or I should say, that the bolt which holds the arm in place, has worn through the tube itself, so now you have to hold the scope on target, otherwise it starts to drop!

May I ask you a question related to your telescope, and your utilisation of a motored focusing gadget? Do you also make use of one of those automatic motorised bases? You know, the ones that attach to a computer and find your target objects for you? If so, how do you rate them, and indeed the gadget which you have produced this thread about?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Not to sure were your questions are going here I am new to the world of scopes ,more of an inventor If you haven't already watched i advise you watch my video Type in Gskyfocuser on You tube I explain most points and hope that should give you the answer you are looking for All the very best
Graham

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

madforit96
The GSkyfocuser is a motor powered adaption, which aids the focusing of a telescope. The GSkyfocuser enables the user to adjust the focal image seen through the telescope, without the use of manually adjusting the telescope’s focus knob.
The GSKyfocuser differs from any other auto focuser as it is able to be fitted to any telescope with a rear visual locking nut. The size of the telescope determines the diameter of the motor mounting bracket hole (which is placed over the thread of the rear visual locking nut) and can be custom made on request of an order.
Furthermore, its unique design enables an imaging device/s to be fitted to the telescope whilst the motor mounting bracket remains in place. An imaging device can therefore be used in conjunction with the GSkyfocuser.
Many thanks for reading this
Graham

The Gskyfocuser video is now uploaded on You Tube

top topics

join