It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "I like the new ATS.5/3" thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Yeah, I like it.

Sure people can complain, but the train still leaves the station.

The question is...Do you get on board and go somewhere or do you stay stuck - bored and boring - at the station?

My husband used to complain about the state of Music these days. He ALWAYS listened to classic rock stations. I like the genre too but, let's face it, it's an era long gone by. For a while, when he to rode in my car, I was the Queen of the tuner and he had to listen to newer songs. At first he complained, after awhile he started moving to the beat, later he started singing. Ultimately he introduced me to a few good new songs and another awesome new music station. I was proud.

I'm proud of ATS too. Change happens.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Oops, I stumbled into the wrong place. I'll show myself out

I'll get used to it. And someday I'll whine that I miss ATS 5/3. Count on it!

edit on 9-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I don't mind it at all. In fact, with the possibility of adding color schemes, and maybe font changes, but definitely emoticon changes, I could see myself as extremely happy with the new look.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I really like my oddly calculated Karma.

Even though I don't exactly know what it is.

SO,

Damn this new site loads really fast too. Kudos
edit on 9-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There's only a few things I don't like about it but overall it's a huge improvement.. a little TOO rounded in some ways but nothing I can't get used to ..

Like for example .. my signature gets cut off in this version
.. it would be nice if this were a responsive design also, but no big deal..

For those not familiar, responsive will automatically re-arrange it's layout to support mobile devices without having to maintain multiple versions/templates.
edit on 9/9/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Realtruth
I really like my oddly calculated Karma.

Even though I don't exactly know what it is.

The oddly calculated karma score is just the old 'Kudos' score from before, just like the Abovetopsecret Score is the old 'Wats Index' from before.
edit on 9/9/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: I'm tired.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Realtruth
Damn this new site loads really fast too.

That's because, for the entire site UI across all pages, there are only up to three graphics used (two on most pages). And one of them is the logo.

edit on 9-9-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The new topics page is what I have a problem with.
Other than that meh... I'll live.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Was just gonna make a similar thread, as haven't caught a pro new site design one until now. Happy you made this thread and well said. I might be biased on aesthetics and most of the RIP Fire-Hose) which I'm enjoying of the site now, because of a design background, but I don't use a cell phone(nor care for) so there.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think it should open links from the home page in a new tab like the old version

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I can't figure out how to "search"

Oh, nevermind, I figured it out. (What a dumbell I am
)
edit on 9-9-2013 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
One request for the dark-side lovers out there. Give the light version a chance.

I gave it a chance, but quickly changed back because it looks terrible and hurts my eyes. The dark version looks a million times better imo. I will never step back into the light *laughing smiley*.

lol... but I am very happy that you put in a live feed, my only problem is that every time I click one of the feed links, it loads in my current tab instead of opening a new tab, and that is annoying.
edit on 9/9/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
The LIVE feature!!!!!

I love it. Thanks for pointing it out. Was that feature there with the www.abovetopsecret ?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Dembow
The new topics page is what I have a problem with.

In what way?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I liked how the old live page had the new, most flagged and most replies side by side.
Also the new one opens in a window in the same page instead of going to its own page. But I don't know if that's only the mobile version.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Dembow
I liked how the old live page had the new, most flagged and most replies side by side.

Three feeds at once is what was part of the problem.

Also the new one opens in a window in the same page instead of going to its own page.

That's by design.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I really like this new version. My only tantrum (yes, punching my pillow, pulling my hair, kicking the cat...ok...just joking, I didn't kick the cat) was about the matchstick weird looking emoticons. But now that there's a member's team working on them, I breathe. And so does my cat...

All in all, it loads fast, it is not as jampacked as the old version, very esthetic and clean. I like the professional look. Plus, the difference on my android phone is unbelievable. I use the white version on the cell, looks great and really, from what fun I had with the old version (none), it's day and night!!

It is always surprising for me that the owners go out of their way to make it more user friendly, improving it for way better while keeping it free for the membership.

Big thumbs up from me !!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Got it. Tnx.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I Like it too they remembered to put the Color styles back in!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
My main issue is that I can no longer see the star/flag count on threads on the front page. That's usually how I determined whether a thread on the front page was worth looking into or not. I really wish this could be fixed.

I'm also not fond of the new emotes at all, even though I hardly ever use them. The old ones were much more amusing.

Otherwise, I'm pretty neutral to the changes. I do have a question, though. Is that > at the beginning of each thread supposed to be a "go to last read post" arrow? That's the main feature I've /always/ wanted on this forum. Pretty much every other forum I go to has it and it makes keeping up with a large thread so incredibly easy. However, if that is the feature, the buttons seem to not be working for me as I can't click on them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join