It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The will of the ATS contributors, ignored.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You can't open topics up in a new window/tab from the "Live" or "Hose" options in Firefox, that's pretty annoying. I just get the option (when right clicking on one of the topics) to "Bookmark this page" and a few other. Can only ever load one article at a time into one tab. Great if this could be fixed, I like opening multiple topics via the "Live" selection

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

mblahnikluver

AfterInfinity

... Especially when it's all pale and light grey and white. Maybe that's a graphics glitch, or something else.

It's not a glitch. Click the pie icon on the top right next to where it has the FB, Twitter and other tabs. You can go from dark to light. Not a glitch.
edit on 9/9/2013 by mblahnikluver because: quotes

Nice! I was wondering why when I came here it was different colors haha! Thanks for the info!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

As someone who actually Does like the new look - what is everyone's beef? Can you define WHY You don't like it? I've heard people complaining all over the site, but I have yet to find myself unable to do anything I was able to do before...

PERSONALLY, I prefer the new look and feel, as I feel that it's more 'user friendly' - but I suppose some of us are set in our ways and can't adjust to change.

You are all bagging on the new look, but backing up your complaints with ... nothing. No suggestions? No Commentary even? Just 'I dont like it. Take it back.'

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

shaneR
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

what the heck is the BEER ICON... please...???

thanks again...

shane

The beer icon is the one next to the firehose icon.....looks like a glass, or beer stein....if you click on either of those...you can toggle back and forth between the two ...using the icon in the lower left corner of the screen.

Does that help??

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I don't mind the site except for all the pop-up crap. I'll spend about a minute browsing the site, do a scan with virus software and come across 15-20 tracking cookies. Is this really necessary ATS? If I want to check out an ad, than I'll click on it. I should not have an ad take up half the page when I skim my mouse over it.

So whaaaaa...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
most of 5.3 to me is a bells and whistles update. No big shake. I don't keep a friends list (don't have any friends
)... so I don't miss that... See how good it is w/no friends!!!

But getting more serious.... The 'Link' 'Quote' and 'Reply' words in every post that exists in ATS should be clickable, IMO.. not just the icons next to them.

What's weird to me is that all multi-level quotation ability has been wiped out. A poster can only quote to one level max in 5.3.

...I'm not seeing how this is supposed to aid in clear communication on the site. Is the thinking... "it looks modern, so it doesn't matter if the quotes make sense" ?? This especially true for older threads, pre 5.3 (generally: pre Sept 2013).... I don't get it.

To continue: This was brought up with the site owner, who replied in a different thread that we weren't supposed to be creating mult. level quotes pre 5.3 either. I've been a member here for 2yrs approx., and I never knew that- until last week. Probably a lot of others were not aware as well. Yes, I've seen moderator comments about a post being deleted because of a long quote. I thought that those were posts containing quotes from external resources.... and that there were possible copyright infringements or something... I had not a clue of the real reason they were deleted.

In the end i.e.... the beginning of 5.3... IMO: trying to quote, and read quotes from other posts will get weirder and more cloudy (not better).
edit on 10/9/2013 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I happen to like the new look.Will it take some getting used to? Of course,but that never stopped me from having fun before. Thanks Admins for putting in all this work for us.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I still think that:
-Logout should be all the way to the right

-The drop-down bar should be next to 'myATS', or combined with it... as they are very similar...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I like it, I like the way you can change the colour and I like the way it doesn't have Deny Ignorance dominating the top of the screen. Always embarrassing when people look over your shoulder and ask what site your on. Now it looks more respectable, more like a newspaper site that a conspiracy site.

You can't please all the people all the time. I know some of you Conservatives don't like change.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Like most everyone else?

You have no idea. This is utter claptrap Sir. Fact of the matter is, there is no majority of bad feeling here. Theres a significant minority, but the mob rules, just like it should, and the mob says get on with it for crying out loud.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The new smilies SUCK ... but the big screen and the words and colors are much easier on my eyes. I like it. Now if they could just get some good smilies it would all be good.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Once the members in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Meet a consensus on design, we will

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
LIVE is back as a full-sized normal page. The pop-up window LIVE/Firehose is still available for members that prefer that.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Did you hate USB when it first became a public norm? The loss of floppies for discs? Maybe flat panel CRTs were too much, and it was even worse when we went to LCD's, oh my.

And that internet thing, bringing all this new change and constant revisions - end of the world I tell you.

Seriously, get over it. It's changed, this won't destroy your life. If a change to ATS's theme is enough to drive you away, then how dedicated are you to anything? Like anything new, learn it, figure out what's changed, figure out what functions are the same, but perhaps moved. Adapt, and you'll probably see the things that are great too.

For instance: I love being able to star without the page reloading. I like the overall less busy look, though I do not necessarily love the slightly more...softer look things have, I do appreciate that it has cleaned things up.

Though yes, I agree the emoticons are....yeah.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hey everyone, quick question. Where can I find the equivalent to the old "new" tab that was on the top of the previous version? I used to only look at the home page and then went straight into the "new" section by clicking the link at the top of the old version of ATS. Does that still exist and if it does, where is it located? Other than that, so far so good. Thanks all.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by awhispersecho

It's the live button at the top.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim

thanks for that link you provided, gonna check some of those out.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for that. I was just getting ready to post that I thought I had found it. I noticed the Live button. Doesn't seem to have as many items at once but maybe that's just the way the new interface looks. Thanks again

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hi SO,

I just wanted to say thanks for taking such good care of us. Everything I like to do on ATS is faster; thank you for providing we users with such a powerful POV on the forums.

Have a good day,

edit on 10-9-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I really like the new layout. It's more minimalist, and modern. I'll stay at ATS like I have these past 4 years because of the content, not the look. It's just happy coincidence that I love the new look. The emoticons, however, need some work, but like someone above said - they're hopefully going to work on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join