It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The will of the ATS contributors, ignored.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I agree. I liked the old version better. This one feels like it missed the mark. Feels like it got oversimplified. In fact, it feels like a rudimentary template. Like all they did was take a preexisting example made for novices to play with and rearrange it to reflect the data they wanted to display. It feels unoriginal and bland. All the personality got sucked right out. That's what's bothering me right now. Especially when it's all pale and light grey and white. Maybe that's a graphics glitch, or something else. But...it feels tasteless. Like unflavored oatmeal. You use it because it's necessary, and not because you have any particular appreciation. In fact, if given a choice, you would prefer to upgrade because it's just so boring.

That's basically how I feel about the new design. I'm not trying to be mean or rude, I'm just giving some honest feedback. I'm glad someone brought it up because I thought maybe I was the only one.
edit on 9-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bybyots

Well I wasn't aware rules were set to amateur

edit on 9-9-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

Well I wasn't aware rules were set to amateur

They are always set to amateur.

Einstein was an amateur.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

My Jaguar begs to differ with your reptilian.

edit on 9-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
For me it's a case of "been dere, done dat." When "Dark Matter" came out, what 5-6 years ago? I hated it. It's a "change" thing that I have a problem with. That said, once I got used to the change it was THE way to go. This is by far a lesser change than that one. I have an issue or 2 but, as with last time, things are still in flux. Tweaks will be made. AND once we are used to the changes they will probably seem right to most. That's what happened last time.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by greencmp

That may be cool, but the new ATS is "Dinosaur riding a train" cool.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

AND once we are used to the changes they will probably seem right to most.

Here's a very relevant selection of my previous post:

It feels unoriginal and bland. All the personality got sucked right out. That's what's bothering me right now. Especially when it's all pale and light grey and white. Maybe that's a graphics glitch, or something else. But...it feels tasteless. Like unflavored oatmeal. You use it because it's necessary, and not because you have any particular appreciation. In fact, if given a choice, you would prefer to upgrade because it's just so boring.

Again, not trying to be rude or disrespectful or anything. I'm explaining exactly why it doesn't feel right to me. If you pick up a book with just a couple words on the front and nothing else, you might not expect to find anything particularly engaging in its pages - as compared to, say, a wildly eye-catching graphic that makes you wonder just what the hell is going on in that scene on the cover. Then you pick it up, look it over, read the back, look at the picture again, and decide it might be worth your time.

Because that other book has personality. I think you might have sacrificed more than a little personality with this change in looks.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Why are people so scared of change?

If you were to read the threads on the thinking of this change you see there's a reason for it.

ATS had to change.

Last time ATS changed there was a giant bitchfest as well.

Just give the new site a chance. Keep an open mind and instead of complaining about it.
Offer some suggestions on how to make a change for the better.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You mad brah?

Stop being a princess and adapt or be left behind.......

ATS is streaks ahead of anything else out there, why only just the other day Tom Carey had the honour of speaking to me.

Wanna good laugh, go and have a look at my last thread.....it reads like I was drunk-posting whilst driving and texting.

Mad stuff brah.

Gimme a brofist.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Very relucatantly...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/lm521342ba.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I'm with Strewth on this, so....

Brofist to you my brother.

The new version really does grow on you.

Now, time to get Syrias and focus our energy on the scum.

Hope you stick around, I for one, appreciate your input.

edit on 9-9-2013 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

... Especially when it's all pale and light grey and white. Maybe that's a graphics glitch, or something else.

It's not a glitch. Click the pie icon on the top right next to where it has the FB, Twitter and other tabs. You can go from dark to light. Not a glitch.
edit on 9/9/2013 by mblahnikluver because: quotes

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
double post

oops

edit on 9/9/2013 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

And right back at ya, my brother.

Now, like my main brother Sublime says, lets go kick some cyber-ass.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well, I have learned some great stuff here, for instance:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The new look is excellent. It's cleaner and I like the amount of curvature in it's style.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Strewth

You mad brah?

I WAS mad, very mad.. until that is, you Bro, had the audacity to ask me if I'm mad!

I'm still "mad" but in a good way of course no matter what # (testing foul language filter..) happens.

Thing is that I'm a believer in the sheer power and far reaching magnitude of good-willed, good-natured HUMOR particularly in the face of all ridiculousness and absurdity, even and perhaps especially when it's at my own expense, and you and your humorous disposition made me realize that I was being a petulant crybaby of sorts, heck I actually wanted to SHOUT OUT - Wahhhhhh, after shaking my fist at SO as the local PTB around here for imposing this change even against the will of many ATS members and contributors how DARE he exercise his right to update the site in trying to stay at the leading edge of the tech-wave..

He even explained it and how it all worked, and why it was being done and had to be done, but I personally took exception, and so in my own infantile, narcissistic, megalomaniacal grandiosity, which btw is part of what I think makes me a really good contributor around here - I was mad, and quite upset about my loss of power within a valued domain that I'd come to think of as a sort of second home for my Internet persona (spirit of the Lord).

You got me though, with a nice perfect dose of my own medicine, and you made me laugh instead! LOL (better than the present emoticon).

So thanks Bro, for making ME laugh at my own self and how baby-wah I can get when I don't get my own little way..

WWJD?

Best Regards, and Congrats S.O. on choosing the best possible course for the sake of our mutual best interest and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the transformation ie: emoticons..? but perhaps it's best that I personally don't start trying to tell you what to do all over again, even though I am very knowledgeable and extremely powerful and influential.

NAM
September 9th, 2013

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Took me some getting used to but it's growing on me .. definitely need to go with a different font-pack for the emoticons..

Just FYI .. the font pack ATS Is ( Fontelico ) currently using can be seen here..

fontello.github.io...

Since they are using web fonts, it should be super easy to drop in replacements.
edit on 9/9/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I know I'm a mod and all, but I like it.....I like it a lot.

The last two updates I needed to let grow on me, but I like this one from the start...well, as soon as I know they would be a dark version

A lot is new, and more user friendly.
A lot is just more user friendly....the warns given to members are no longer glaring in your face....less distracting from the discussion.
Uploads is way nicer.
I love that drop down bar at the top for firehose, new, account setting and such. I could go on and on....

And, the smilies are being worked on: ATS will probably be the only place on the internet with original, custom smilies ...YAY!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

I haven't seen a warn yet. Give me one please! Come on you old such and such I wanna see it!

Or if you could point me to one. Either way, I don't care about my points.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join