It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Why, after I had starred the following post: The Ethical Skeptic's post

...and then proceeded to edit my post in the same thread (the post immediately following the above linked post) for a spelling error - why did the star I had given to 'The Ethical Skeptic' mysteriously disappear? That's quite annoying, and unfair if you consider how people can be influenced by 'peer pressure' in online forums.

On a related note, There have been a number of occasions when I have had immense difficulty in trying to star the posts of various other people on ATS. It happens when I use my phone most frequently, but also happens when using my laptop from time to time.

This would seem quite an important one to get 'bug-fixed' imho, as opinion-shaping could take place if too many people were denied the stars that members were trying to give - if you catch my drift.

I'm a little suspicious to be honest, it just seems too convenient that a star can disappear from any given post, for seemingly no reason other than a random glitch. Yet other stars given in-thread remain for all to see.

Fix the starring issue perhaps? I can't be the first person to report this. I may have already mentioned it once before in this thread, I can't quite remember.

posted on Oct, 7 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I've just noticed I have the ability to star a post multiple times. That ain't right, is it?

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Could we please have some sort of alert for messages?
edit on 8-10-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Iamschist
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Could we please have some sort of alert for messages?
edit on 8-10-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

The alert for messages do exist. This link below goes to a post I made describing it with screenshots.

Here is how you know you have new messages

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

oopsey, my bad. Thank you for the reply.

posted on Oct, 8 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Probably been aid a hundred times but I really do not like the new colour layout of ATS! Its a depressive colour to be staring at when signing in and browsing!

Please bring some colour into the site!

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
What seems to be a recent change (as of tonight) has altered the behavior when navigating to a specific post from within the MyATS area. When navigating by clicking on the link in the right column, it opens a new tab/window and now is a BLAZING white background before loading the new page. As I use the dark theme, prior to this it would not be white by default when launching. This is like a dagger to the eyes when using the dark theme....

I created an animated image to demonstrate this behavior (ignore the registration text from the tool I used to convert the screen capture to an animated GIF from an AVI file).

S.O., was this changed recently to have the default blank page that opens have a white background color?

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Noticed that also. Are you able to change your browsers theme? Look like when you click a link, the screen blanks out until it loads.

Maybe your browser background color change would work.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

Noticed that also. Are you able to change your browsers theme? Look like when you click a link, the screen blanks out until it loads.

Sure, I can override it that way (which I did so I wouldn't be blinded again)....but it was working fine all day today until recently...and I didn't change my browser settings at all. That's what's weird.

posted on Oct, 9 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Krakatoa

ChuckNasty

Sure, I can override it that way (which I did so I wouldn't be blinded again)....but it was working fine all day today until recently...and I didn't change my browser settings at all. That's what's weird.

Yeah, maybe a line got removed by accident. The bright white is a shocker indeed. Using a tablet myself...still not sure how to fix my browser. In the meantime, my eyes will turn into prunes.

Edit-Stats. Android version 4.2.1 Chrome browser updated to 8 October update. Asus 10 inch Transformer pad Tf300T.
edit on 9-10-2013 by ChuckNasty because: as above

edit on 9-10-2013 by ChuckNasty because: error

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Something weird happened in the truckers drive for the constitution thread. I clicked on the reply icon and instead of getting a new text page I got the page the OP typed their post in. I could have edited their post ( I didn't but...) I hit the back button and then the reply icon again and got the right page that time.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Haven't been on in a bit (computer issues), and just went to the "my ATS" page, to look at that lovely feature that I noticed last time, showing replies to my posts. Instead of seeing that, though, I see the old sets of posts to "favorite forums", when the "replies" link is clicked. I can't see the actual replies any place now. I loved that feature; please tell me it's not gone!

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Below is wrong . . . Click on the little down arrow to the right of logout. Then click on messages. Then click on replies--which is the button just to the right of the left most icon--a down arrow--the replies button is two cartoon cloud word type thingy's . . . one filled in and one an outline.

Click on the little man figure under your name . . . then click on replies, IIRC

edit on 13/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: wrong advice

edit on 13/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

BO XIAN
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

Below is wrong . . . Click on the little down arrow to the right of logout. Then click on messages. Then click on replies--which is the button just to the right of the left most icon--a down arrow--the replies button is two cartoon cloud word type thingy's . . . one filled in and one an outline.

Click on the little man figure under your name . . . then click on replies, IIRC

edit on 13/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: wrong advice

edit on 13/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

Yeah, just saw that in another place, too. MUCH easier than hunting through prescribed threads! Thanks.

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Okay this may not be a "bug" because a true "bug" affects everybody with the same equipment and same setup in an identical and repeatable way. This is probably more related to maybe my Java or maybe my settings or ???unknown???

When I click on chat, live or hose icons on the second (drop down) menu ... nothing happens. I notice all three end with php# when I am on the "recent" page and the 3 icons show as the current page URL when I am 'in thread'. All the other icons on both rows work for me and they do not end with php# on my bar that shows the URLs when I mouseover them.

IE9 - desktop PC - Java 7 - 25

edit on 14/10/2013 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
My apologies if this has already been reported.

Windows 7 using Firefox latest version. The favourites forums under myATS do not seem to be working correctly.

When I go to favourite a forum it doesn't register and does not appear in myATS. I switched the position of my top favourite and it duplicated the entry. When I went to delete the duplicate it deleted all except my bottom favourite. I then deleted that one and am now left with nothing in myATS except subscribed threads, and can't add any favourite forums.

edit on 14-10-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
can't read the posts on iphone, very hard to scroll through text that's outside viewport width.

it might help to add these to your head

i had to put .'s infront of meta so they would show.

edit on 15/10/13 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Is it possible to update one's signature? I have a typo in mine, and have tried for ages to figure out how to correct it! Thanks, Nugget

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

nugget1
Is it possible to update one's signature? I have a typo in mine, and have tried for ages to figure out how to correct it! Thanks, Nugget

Change your signature here:

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Krakatoa

nugget1

Change your signature here:

Those are the steps I have taken. Every time I hit 'submit' after making corrections, the page refreshes, and the original is still there.
I have tried erasing my signature, hit 'submit', and the original is still there...not sure what I'm doing wrong....lol

Thanks for your reply!

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join