It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USE THIS THREAD: for bug reports related to the new ATS.5/3 cut-over on 9/9/13

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Now, when I go to My ATS and to my posts, I click on a previous post, ATS navigates not to my post but to the first post on the first page. Is it supposed to do that?

Using a Chrome browser, Windows 7 OS.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hello Mr Overlord I dont suppose there is any chance of me getting my super stars back lol I enjoyed my 5 mins of fame
edit on 9-9-2013 by anonymous1legion because: misspelled overlord as overload lol

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A portion of the tool bar is dropped down a second line, and obscures text in that area.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

FortAnthem
Hey, what happened to my background color?

That should be fixed now.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

smurfy
A portion of the tool bar is dropped down a second line, and obscures text in that area.

Browser/OS and screen shot maybe?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Not so much a bug, but I was just wondering what happened to our friends list?
I apologize ahead of time if it's here somewhere and I just can't find it. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

That has been discontinued for now.

A revamped version of the wall is being considered, not sure if "friends" will return.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When not logged in there is a full screen of 'nothing' at the top of each thread.

S.O. I know this confuses you (your words not mine) and I would add a screenshot if only I knew how. But I assure you it is there. Windows 8 with ff. Large screen monitor, all empty space.

This looks terrible for visitors of the sire. I imagine you have tested the site when not logged in???

I have mentioned this before but you closed my thread. You ignored my messages and you stated in a thread of your own that this confuses you as you dont see it. I have tries it on 3 different platforms and yet is is always the same.!!!!!

I have really gone off ATS recently. Not the new look, the attitude of S.O. in particular.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I, for one, love the new design. Not so much the new emoticons though.

I just have one teeny tiny problem. That is that there is no visual distinction from an on site quote and an off site quote. So, if I'm quoting from a post, and arguing that post based on an off site sourced quote, you can't tell. There is no visual distinction between what "he said" and what "they said". It's kind of confusing when trying to follow an argument, if you know what I mean.

My example here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks in advance for looking into this, SO!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

click the print screen button on your keyboard and paste into paint then upload

simples *squeak*
edit on 9-9-2013 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

anonymous1legion

Hello Mr Overlord I dont suppose there is any chance of me getting my super stars back lol I enjoyed my 5 mins of fame
edit on 9-9-2013 by anonymous1legion because: misspelled overlord as overload lol

OK, My Bad, I have to go to the extreme right to hit the proper url.

BTW, You and your crew are doing a fantastic job here and I for one commend you!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Sorry, I was disconnected for a moment or so.
The tool bar is correctly in place when the page is first opened, once you start to scroll down, the last three Icons drop a line and position themselves to the left. Doing this reply to you I also see your text is missing in the reply box, there is only the post number and url.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlight

erm... thank you for your commendation lol

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

There are different fonts to the type of quote, though I agree it would be nice if perhaps the differentiation was more visual, perhaps colour specific or border shape specific.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

NightFlight
Now, when I go to My ATS and to my posts, I click on a previous post, ATS navigates not to my post but to the first post on the first page. Is it supposed to do that?

Using a Chrome browser, Windows 7 OS.

OK, My Bad, I have to go to the extreme right to hit the proper url.

BTW, You and your crew are doing a fantastic job here and I for one commend you!

ETA: I don't know how i got another quote on here!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

smurfy
The tool bar is correctly in place when the page is first opened, once you start to scroll down, the last three Icons drop a line and position themselves to the left.

Below the footer is viewport information like this: "viewport: 1496 x 1221 | document: 1496 x 6032"

What do you see?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Okay, I just noticed an issue with "star giving" - whenever I post a new reply, and then go back to the thread after it posts, there's another 'empty star' allowing me to star all the posts (that aren't mine) again.

lol!! Could have fun with that one...but, wanted to point it out to you all, SkOv...

EDIT: actually, every time I click a thread from "my subscribed threads" to even LOOK at it again, it gives me the option to give another star to the people I've already starred...
doesn't work with "flags" though.

edit on 9/9/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

anonymous1legion
reply to post by greavsie1971

click the print screen button on your keyboard and paste into paint then upload

simples *squeak*
edit on 9-9-2013 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

To be honest, I really cant be bothered anymore. I have tried but get dis-respected each time. Nice way to treat someone who is spending their own time to help SO out and for what????

This is crap. Not the site, just the dis respect.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

anonymous1legion
reply to post by NightFlight

erm... thank you for your commendation lol

Err, I don't know how that happened. ???

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
OP, i can't access "new topics" on my ipad. it keeps giving a 404 page. any suggestions?
thx,
zoo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join