It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Cool amongst all the Doom and Gloom happened to me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Last night I had something small but kind of cool happen to me. I thought about posting it, but then thought it wasnt really a big deal, was just something kind of cool. Then something happened this morning as well and I decided since they kind of went together, I would go ahead and share it.

I live in a very mixed neighborhood and as Im sure many on here know from their own experiences, some neighbors can be a bit obnoxious with their ways of listening to music. Loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. Well, I have one of those kind of neighbors. Their choice of music is usually very loud spanish music. Oddly enough though, the last week or so they have been very quiet.

So here I was last night, watching tv and reading ATS, when I start to realize I am hearing music and Im thinking to myself, is that what I think it is? So, I mute the tv and sure enough, my neighbors have turned up the song John Lennons "Imagine." As I was reading all the war stuff on here, I have to say it was quite the contrast of thought, and the fact of who was playing it made it even more interesting. It certainly made me take pause. It was such a clear crisp night last night that the sound carried very clearly. I have to say it was almost kind of magical for lack of better way to get how I felt about it across.

As I mentioned earlier, I thought about posting it, but then just decided it was just a cool moment in time for me and no big deal... Until this morning...

I live close to a Catholic Church that plays bell chimes on the hour and occasional hymn type songs. On holidays they will play for example a Christmas tune for Christmas. Imagine my surprise when the 12:00 noon bells played Cat Stevens "Morning has Broken." They have never played anything like that before and after last night I have to stay I was a bit stunned, but in a very good way.

Needless to say, with all the doom and gloom, it was very nice to hear such Peace and Hope spreading across the neighborhood, and this is why I felt the need to share. How many others noticed this, I have no idea, but it certainly brought a clarity to me that all is as it should be, and all is well.

Even in all the dark, there is still light...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

That's really cool. I love it when stuff like that happens. I had one last night that wasn't meaningful like yours but still interesting. I had netflix up on the screen set to "pulp fiction." which I hadn't ever seen. It was paused so it was a black screen with just the words pulp fiction there. I decided to play a B.o.b song I just found and as my gf got back it and it was time to switch back to the movie B.o.B said "pulp fiction" in the song, right as I read it on the screen haha.

I love Imagine:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Imagine all the people living for today, yuhuuu uuu

You might say Im a dreamer

but im not the only one

I hope some day you'll join us

and the world

Can live as one

Always brings tears to my eyes because the truth in these words hurts the illusion we wrap ourselves in.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
not usually signed in , just like to read the threads until i see one that makes me wanna sign in. that said...

cool moment ya had there! just wanted to tell ya that. and also s&f 4u

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

thnx 4 posting the vid....

as i was listening to it, i was taken back to that episode of WKRP in Cincinati where they were tyring to ban songs , and this is one of the songs that was played. funny how things are remembered.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by thishereguy

Thank you for that. I think it is pretty cool that you took the time to sign in and comment on a feel good moment as opposed to some of the other negative post that seem to run rampant around here.

Maybe we should all start playing Imagine and turning it up so it leaks out our windows and across our neighborhoods! Let the music work its magic

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
When one reads between the lines, you find the 'devil' in the details.

"Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace"

It all suggests a 'peace' without our Creator in the picture at all. No Heaven (no hope or recognising Christ's Offering for Salvation from this spiritual evil based dominion), no hell, (no healthy fear for a sense of accountability for sinful deeds akin to the nature of man). "No religion too" is a calling away from faith in our Creator also, to discover a 'peace' without Him, just 'living for today' (without considering the path beyond the flesh and consequences of such without an 'imagined' heaven or hell).

It is a very clever weaving sounding so 'well meaning' on the surface, though the undertone is clear to me. I am sure this stance is unpopular with many---however when one discovers the occult associations the Beatles immersed themselves in, it all becomes moreso clear what 'spirit' was inspiring the tone of such distorted 'love' and 'peace' messages.

George Harrison too was reported to have laughed and joked, knowing Christians were singing along with the lyrics "Hare Krishna" (idol praise) in his track 'My Sweet Lord'.

Fame and fortune bears a Price, especially when one 'sells out' to be a messenger of devils.
edit on 9-9-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

join