It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Aliens Steal Social Security Numbers - Not Guilty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Twenty-seven illegal aliens used stolen (14 of those were the thieves) Social Security numbers to "get work". The judge presiding (Judge Leonard Zito) found them not guilty, set them free, no charges.Ironically, the 27 defendants plead guilty. This is not the first case in which the judicial seat is being used for political motives (that covered in the article referenced)

www.foxnews.com
Morganelli�s investigators had worked for months to prosecute the group, 14 of which had not simply used false social security numbers, but had stolen and used the social security numbers of law-abiding people.

But although every one of the defendants pleaded guilty, Judge Zito refused to impose any period of incarceration, nor did he fine the defendants. Zito based his decision on the fact that the defendants were all illegal aliens, remarking that they should never have been arrested in the first place because the men committed the crimes �strictly for the purpose of working.�

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is absolutely insane. I can't do that!! Heck I'de be locked up FOR SURE !!!
But, if one is an illegal alien "looking for work" it is apparently not only condoned but (obviously) advocated by a judge.
How is anyone to take the law seriously, when "some do some don't" seem to apply to judgements? Especially when the defendants even plead guilty !
Is this just the tip of an iceberg as for what to expect in the future of legal proceedings? Meaning, what else will transpire in the courts such as this, where judges do not adhere to the law, but ARE the law?

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Misfit]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Identity theft is a huge [problem. It has happened to a cousin of mine. He was audited becayuse someone had used his SS# to work and the IRS went after him for not paying taxes ont he income.

LL1

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
"Twenty-seven illegal aliens used stolen (14 of those were the thieves)
Social Security numbers to "get work". The judge presiding (Judge Leonard Zito)
found them not guilty, set them free, no charges.Ironically
, the 27 defendants plead guilty."

First of all they were illegals whom had stolen other individuals' property,
their id numbers (ss#). These are two crimes right there.
Now 27 unsuspecting individuals are now going to have pay taxes
on the income earned under the stolen social security numbers.
Or go through having to prove they did not earn the income.

new topics

join