It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK peeps, Blackout tonight on Channel 4. 9pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
This looks like it could be interesting.

Drama documentary exploring the effects of a devastating cyber-attack on Britain's national electricity grid, combining fictional scenes with footage recorded during real blackouts

www.channel4.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

COOL! At least I have a reason to watch TV tonight. First times in 4 months

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Got it set to record so I can ff through the ads!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Me too. I normally miss most things, with people talking over it. Ill watch it on my own in peace and quiet.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Thanks!
Lets see how right they get it

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Thanks, I seen a clip, looked very dramatic but it's C4 so might give it a try.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
She who must be obeyed says she wants to watch some boring thing on the other side, so will need to record it and watch later....preferably when she's asleep

Thanks for letting us know it was on as I would have missed it

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Pretty true to life, or at least what I expect to happen in that situation so far anyway.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Am watching it now, seems ok.
Dont want to spoil anything so will wait until others have seen it to say anything more

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I thought it was really good. Pretty scary stuff. Makes you want to be a little more prepared for any disasters

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
It really comes down to something, when it's my 10 year old son telling the programme was going to be on, I didn't know anything about it until two days ago, because he really wants to watch it.

I have mixed feelings about letting him see it, but think I will watch it with him if I decide to let him see it.

I would say to anyone not having seen it yet, it is very much Threads for the noughties!

edit on 9-9-2013 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just watched it, pretty frightening.
I don't want to say much more as I don't want to spoil it for those yet to see it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I watched it and I thought it was very good. I hope a lot of people watched it because I bet loads had no idea it would pan out like that.

I thought the bit with the generator was very good. It showed that in an urban environment it would be pointless as it attracted unwelcome attention when running which lead upto the guy getting attacked and robbed in his own home.

At least the bit with the two guys breaking out of a lift, nicking cars and eventually blowing up a petrol tanker because of their poor siphoning methods was i thought quite humorous. Turns out they are squaddies who filmed the lift part themselves and uploaded it too youtube where the program makers saw the clip and hired them.

King

PS sorry for the spoilers

edit on 9/9/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It was very good albeit incredibly depressing. I think they hit the nail on the head with the feel of what it would be like.

I know they used some real footage, the London riots being the obvious one.

Could of done without the Charlie Veitch footage though, can't quite remember what protest that was. Another thing to add to his ego.

edit on 10-9-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I think that was taken from the student protests a few years ago. I'm surprised veitch was on there, as he made a video about being asked to appear on 4thought, you know that little segment after channel 4 News. He refused to go on it though. So he says.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

kingears
I watched it and I thought it was very good. I hope a lot of people watched it because I bet loads had no idea it would pan out like that.

I thought the bit with the generator was very good. It showed that in an urban environment it would be pointless as it attracted unwelcome attention when running which lead upto the guy getting attacked and robbed in his own home.

At least the bit with the two guys breaking out of a lift, nicking cars and eventually blowing up a petrol tanker because of their poor siphoning methods was i thought quite humorous. Turns out they are squaddies who filmed the lift part themselves and uploaded it too youtube where the program makers saw the clip and hired them.

King

PS sorry for the spoilers

I thought it was Ok but seemed to have a bit of an agenda. The prepper guy was made out to be a complete know it all tit
He did all that preperation but was stupid enough to advertise he had all that stuff on the internet and to BBQ food in his back garden to attract ner do wells! Even his wife thought he was an idiot in the end and blamed their daughter getting ill from the water he saved. He said 'I thought I'd be alright but what's the point of having a generator when I can't turn it on?' Errrm just sit tight in your house, don't cook smelly food and use the large stash of batteries and quiet wind up and solar powered devices any self respecting prepared person would have!

The people who blew up the tanker also came to a sticky end as did the people in the hospital.

I think the message here was even if you prepare, you are an idiot who can only be saved by the government and you will end up getting your comeuppance. If you try to steal, you will meet a tragic end and should have just waited for the government to sort things out. If you riot you are just causing more trouble and you should trust in the government.

new topics

top topics

join