It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, Voices, and Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Hi ATS, let me start this off by saying a few things about myself. I'm a triplet, in college, and I've been on this website for quite a long time, but I've never really posted on here. I mainly come here to pass time, read about metaphysical/mysterious/scientific threads. Anyway, the reason I am here is to share some of my experiences about my dreams (lucid dreams to be exact). I've always been an avid lucid dreamer, having a lucid dream 2-3 times a week. This started back when I was 11ish, and hit its peak about a year ago. I don't remember much from when I was 11, but I do remember my lucid dreams from recent years quite vividly. I'll start with the peak of my lucid dream activity. Also, I want to say that it is not only me that has these vivid lucid dreams, but my brother too (he's my twin). Finally, I found metaphysical ideas to be the most beautiful and interesting ideas. I adore the idea of there being a world that we go to when we sleep, that OBE's can take us across the universe, and that our unconcious mind are millions of times more powerful than our concious selves.

Anyway, last year, I had to have my wisdom teeth taken out, and after it was done, I was put on vicodin for a few days, and let me tell you those nights I had some of the most vivid lucid dreams ever. I don't know if it was the fact that the vicodin helped stay in my lucid dreams by letting me sleep longer without waking myself or something in the vicodin in itself that triggered more lucid dreams, but whatever it was, that was the peak of my lucid dreams. I remember in one dream specifically, I was able to make people appear, I was able to clearly become aware of myself in the dream. In the dream, I was riding a bus to Wal-mart, and once I got there I made this girl I liked appear, but soon after, I was attacked by an unknown man and his friend. However, in the dream I had these fighting skills that I would never be able to have in real life, and I was even able to see attacks before they came so I prepared to catch their punches and all. I soon woke up from that dream due to the pain in my jaw, but it was amazing feeling to have been in a different world almost and completely realize it. I told my brother about it and after talking about Lucid Dreaming for a while, we both wanted to find out more about it and do it more and more.

This led me to finding out about the Akashic Records; some type of records where anything and everything that has ever happened and ever will are recorded. Now, I remember the dream where I tried to access those records very clearly. I went to sleep, told myself "I am going to lucid dream tonight" multiple times, and next thing I knew I was in a dream, This was a short but very important dream; I was in a dark room, and I said "I want to see the Akashic Records!" and then a book shelf with a blueish glowing cloud around appeared. I went to this bookself, but I could not pull any of the books out. Not too long after, I woke up. Yet it was amazing to see that if these records were real, I almost had the chance to see them.

After this incident, I wanted to lucid dream every chance I got. I read about the W.A.K.E method, I read about things you could eat to have a more likely chance of lucid dreaming, I repeated to myself every night "I am going to have a lucid dream" before I went to sleep and 50% of the time it worked. During this time I learned a bunch of neat tricks for lucid dream. I found out that by rubbing your hands in your dreams together, you would stop yourself from waking up. I found that you could look at a clock in your dream, and then look it at it again and it would be a completely different time. While lucid dreaming, I taught myself to fly, I taught myself how to make people and things appear (which, by the way, does not happen if you say "I want ___ to appear". You have to say "____ is in the other room right now" or "___ is behind the door"). However, these lucid dreams did not come with their own downside. There would be times that I was in the state between being awake and being asleep. Avid lucid dreamers would know what I am talking about; it is that state where you are sort of conscious yet stuck in a black purgatory where you're mind is talking to itself. In this 'purgatory' I sometimes heard voices, and it was not just one voice, it was tens. I would hear a woman, men, children, all talking in this purgatory. I could never make out any specific thing they were saying, but they were there. This was scary because I didn't know whether it was my mind or something else making these voices appear.

Then, my lucid dreams turned horrible. I would wake up in the middle of the night, not being able to move, speak, or anything, yet I felt a sense of fear so horribly strong. I remember this one time, I saw a shape standing by my window. I don't know if demons are real, but if they are, then that was definetely one. But more on that latter. Anyway, I soon began to wonder in what ways I could interact with my subconcious mind. I wondered if I could talk to them, see them, find out how I could access it in my waking life. In my lucid dreams, I began talking to random characters in my dream, asking them who they are and how I could talk to my subconcious. Unfortunately, my subconcious probably knew what I was trying to do, and so these characters acted in the same way any person would act if a random stranger started talking to them; they said no and kept walking past me. It wasn't until a recent lucid dream that I sort of found how to talk to my subconcious, or SOMEBODY who was in my mind.

About two weeks ago, I had a lucid dream. It was like any other dream, I tried to make things appear, tried to fly, and such. Then, I remembered about wanting to talk to my subconscious (when you are in a lucid dream, it is hard to remember specific goals because of the wonderous feeling of being in your own world"). Anyway, for some reason, I came up with the idea to make that sign that people make with their hands when they say "call me" and put my hand to my ear. I then said "Is anybody there?" and then the weirdest thing EVER happened. A voice responded to me, and said "I watch you all the time, I watch you wherever you go". Now, let me tell you something about Lucid Dreams. You do hear the characters in your dreams talk, but it's like you already know what they are going to say sometimes. However, this voice was completely foreign, it was something I knew I wasn't connected to, it was completely strange to me. I tried talking to the voice but it hung up on me, and then I woke up. I've tried the cell phone technique again in the last lucid dream I had, but it did not work.
Anyway, to summarize this, I am VERY interested in lucid dreaming, and I do know quite a lot about it. It really is amazing for me to think that there is a different world in our heads. The movie Inception had a huge impact on me because I knew very much about lucid dreaming already, and to see it the way it was in the movie, it is as if they got it spot on. If anybody has stories they'd like to share, feel free to do so. Any questions are wlecome too. Sorry if it was a long read, it was just hard to try to get all of my thought out. Thanks for reading, ATS

edit on 9-9-2013 by Koolcdj69 because: Spacing

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

Hello,

I myself am new to ATS as well and found your story pretty interesting. I was always very skeptical at first when it came to lucid dreaming until I actually experienced it for myself. However, my experience was a bit short as I was extremely flabbergasted, yet excited at the same time that I just woke up instantly. What advice can you give to somebody like me? This has only happened to me twice.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I'm not skilled at too much control in my dreams yet, though I realize when I have lucid dreams and think, wow ok cool! Unfortunately I have lots and lots of phone issues in my dreams. Can't see the numbers, can't dial the numbers, the phone cuts out on me . . . . uggg! So I can relate to that! LOL

I am just getting used to the idea I am getting "visits" in these dreams from people who have things to share with me. I love my dreams and look forward to sleeping, I always wonder what journey I'll go on next.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection have recently interested me as well. Even before I knew anything about Astral projection, I've been able to recount my dreams and nightmares pretty well. But the thing that caught my attention the most in your story, is when you said you seen something in your room? I tried Astral projection for the first time after a friend had told me something about it, and the first night, I could tell i got close to an OBE. However, the second night, I also woke up in the middle of the night and i couldn't move. I've had sleep paralysis before, but this was different. Really heavy feeling on my chest, and I looked into the corner of my room and seen something VERY similar to what you described. It really freaked me out because i couldn't move at first. And I'm just sitting here looking at this thing. It was TERRIFYING. Never felt a fear like that. Weird enough, I eventually got up and ran upstairs, only to wake back up in my bed? No idea what/who that thing was, but since then, I've been very cautious about astral projection and the such..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
You might be interested in the FREE eBook download of, "Scout Report Volume 1," this next weekend. It touches on a lot of metaphysical concepts and especially focuses on dreaming. It was written from the Indigo perspective. Here is the link to use next weekend: www.amazon.com...

Cheers,

Samuel Rose

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CandidoMendez

One very helpful piece of advice I can give is that in your dreams, when you get too excited, take deep breaths cause this will translate to your body and calm you down.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBirdSaid

That's how I see it; a journey when I go to sleep.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ItzShadyT

I for a fact know I have also done some type of OBE/Astral Projection. The most recent one had me 'wake up' in my living room, floating. I wanted to go upstairs so I literally floated there. However, I went too far, went past the roof of my house, and am quite sure I went into the atmosphere but I got scared at that point and woke up.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

I will definitely keep this in mind.

Thanks! Please do share more lucid dreaming stories if any should arise.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
yeah i had those beings in my room cant remember if i was lucid or astral but i was def having sleep paralysis, they had the look of dementor's from harry potter that would literally try pull/suck me from my bed. i don't know why or where i got the idea but i jumped from my bed ( astrally ) and gave an all mighty roar lion like, it was almost as if i awoke the beast within lol. but these things disappeared quickly, they came back a few times after but they must have got the message they haven't been back in a long while.

anyone else have dementor's??

top topics

join