It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Saudi Arabia the REAL Problem? - their role in US Intervention in the Middle East

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The US has "intervened" with Middle Eastern conflict and flat out destabilized many of these countries several times in the past half century. Here is a look at some coincidences involving Saudi Arabia and US involvement. While this is in no way being presented as fact, I think there is a lot of compelling coincidences that should put Saudi Arabia under the spotlight.

All of the countries the US has targeted in the middle east, are direct competitors of Saudi Arabia for big oil. Most of these countries have also favored other currencies over the US dollar as the OPEC reserve, which would ultimately devalue the US dollar even more (by placing value in something like the Euro or gold..) Iran opposed the USD as early as the 50's and were met with swift action then and their current President also labeled the USD as worthless. Saddam denounced the dollar. Qaddafi wanted another currency as the OPEC reserve. Saudi Arabia has remained a staunch supporter of the USD as the OPEC reserve. They even refused to discuss alternatives to the USD.

Iranian President Calls US Dollar Worthless

Saddam Turns his Back on the Dollar

All of these countries are also hotbeds for Muslim religious tension, and have large Shiite populations or are under Shiite control/influence (ie. Syria, Iraq, Iran, Yemen). Saudi Arabia is mostly Sunni and they are the biggest backers (probably next to the US) of the Syrian rebels who are also Sunni.

Saudi Arabian Prince Al-Waleed has many ties to Washington and it is no secret that he has put pressure on the US for support in SA's wars, even giving "generous" donations to New York after 9/11

The vast majority of "hijackers" involved in 9/11 were admitted to be Saudis and members of Al Qaeda. (15 of 19 Hijackers were Saudi)

Bin Laden.. A member of a Saudi Royal family who's interests are represented by the Saudi BinLadin Group, a global oil and equity management conglomerate grossing $2 billion US annually, and the largest construction firm in the world, with offices in London, Dubai, and Geneva.

Alleged CIA involvement with Saudi Arabia in the creation and support of Al Qaeda. While this has never been publicly confirmed in recent times (and most likely never will be), there were many admissions and indicators that this is in fact the truth. There have also been many admissions of US funded operations for groups like the Mujhadeen.

A Consolidated list Supporting The CIA/Al Qaeda relationship

Abdul Rahman Ali al-Harbi. The mysterious "Saudi" who was in question during the Boston bombings. Several Family members are Al Qaeda operatives with other relatives in Gitmo. There are mixed stories on his deportation and his alleged involvement.
Additional Info on this Person

Saudi and Western backed Syrian rebels were testing nerve agents in the past year and also confessed a plan to use Chemical agents that could devastate a 1 kilometer wide area.

The US is willing to aid the very same enemy we've been fighting since 9/11 in order to put an end to Assad's regime. A regime outspoken in its support for other OPEC reserves and a regime in direct conflict with Sunni interests. We are willing to place ourselves in a war of two enemies to turn the tides in favor of the enemy with Saudi backing.

While not an indicator of Saudi Arabia's role, Benghazi shows that there is most definitely a weapons trade underway in the Middle East with the US being a large supplier (this has probably been the case for decades). This negates the argument that Syrian rebels couldn't have the delivery systems for a chemical payload.

So why do I think the Saudi's play such a huge role in US Invervention? Why does the US care?

The US has attempted to and in some cases has been successful in destabilizing Middle Eastern countries (all in the name of Democracy). In states of destabilization the countries aren't playing the same role in big oil, it also opens the door for oil contractors like Haliburton to make a move and get a foothold. While the destabilization is occurring, Saudi Arabia benefits from being a prime supplier of oil to not only the US but to other countries. The US dollar gains value as it remains the reserve currency for OPEC and as one of Saudi Arabia's largest oil investors (who are also benefiting from increased flow during times of US intervention).

So all in all, the US and Saudi Arabia both benefit in the monetary sense. The US is in essence fighting the "holy war" for Saudi Arabia and this is why Muslims of the region view the US as taking part in a jihad and as enemies. The US benefits by sustaining USD value and building oil relations with our largest oil supplier. We also create opportunities for US Oil contractors and Oil investments as well as building occupations in countries all over the Middle East.

Events like 9/11 and the Gas attacks are probably as many of us suspect; false flags to create a need for US involvement or action. Nothing pulls on the heart strings more than the killing of innocents.

You don't see countries like Iran, Syria or Russia jumping the gun on war either. All three of these countries are looking to draft an "alternative to war" that may include Assad's resignation, or at least no more participation in future elections. In my opinion, this is an attempt to uncover the lies perpetrated by the US government and Saudi Arabia. It puts the ball in our court. If we make the wrong decision it will turn the global community against us even more.

I could be totally off in these assumptions, but it's hard to say that the Saudi's haven't been a common factor in our intervention. I'm sure with a little more digging, we'd see they played a role in conflicts as far back as the 50's 60's and 70's.

All in the name of money and profit. That's what this is all about. How can the biggest perpetrator in the Chemical Arms venue (USA) point the finger at anyone else?
edit on 9-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Thoughts?

Am I totally off in these observations?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Very astute observations. And no, I think you hit the nail right on the head. I always wondered how the US could support a country that still holds public beheadings.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The entire middle east is the problem. Saudi Arabia. Lebanon. Syria. Hamas. Hezbollah. Muslim Brotherhood. Egypt. And Persia ... Iran and Iraq. That whole part of the world is a ball and chain on humanity.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

While I do agree, I think our involvement is in favor of the Sunni and we (The US) are only serving to make matters worse in the region. Our intervention is what fuels American hatred. If we haven't already experienced legitimate terrorist attacks, we are undoubtedly setting ourselves up for them. We are harboring terrorists as much as we are fighting them. Every innocent person we kill over there, is fuel for family or offspring to instill the same pain here.

The large majority of unrest and violence is derived from the clashing of both Sunni and Shi'ite Muslims. They are a religion divided and it is a violent religion in many aspects. We are fighting the Holy war for the Sunni for the profit. It has nothing to do with the US "policing" the world in my opinion. That is just the veil we hide behind to justify our occupation.

Saudi Arabia appears to be behind, or at least related to every major event that has led us into conflict in the Middle East, but nobody seems to be talking about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

ZiggyMojo

Thoughts?

Am I totally off in these observations?

No, you're totally on in these observations.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't contend that all of this is new data to anyone, I just put it together as everything is starting to come full circle for me. I'm seeing all of the connections of events of the past 13 years and then looking back to prior events to really get a full picture. I think it's a pretty common idea that Oil and money are the heart of the Middle Eastern conflicts (at least as far as US interests are concerned), but I never understood the Sunni/Shi'ite connection to the countries involved.

I'm noticing that what this thread addresses is a pretty common theme among the forums today. I've been somewhat inactive for a bit and really noticed a huge surge in these kinds of "revelations" in the past week. Mine deals specifically with Saudi Arabia but it's easy to see the connection with OPEC, oil and the value of the USD, as well as the religious front.

It's beginning to look a lot more like the Power Elite vs everyone else. To be honest, I don't even know which side is deserving of support. A lot of the countries we've been at war or in conflict with are speaking truths. It's hard to believe anything from either side. When you break it down, it is all unjust and foul. We're just stuck in the middle of it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The entire middle east is the problem. Saudi Arabia. Lebanon. Syria. Hamas. Hezbollah. Muslim Brotherhood. Egypt. And Persia ... Iran and Iraq. That whole part of the world is a ball and chain on humanity.

FlyersFan,

I read through your recent thread regarding the Middle Eastern conflicts and specifically Syria and it seems we agree on most levels. I think I'm just putting more emphasis on Saudi Arabia as there are some glaring coincidences. They seem to be the major catalyst for our intervention on all fronts. The allure of profit is there, but we'd need one of the oil producers to make it worthwhile for us.. That is Saudi Arabia. Oil and the will of OPEC are at the heart of the financial side, and you hit the nail on the head about the Muslim holy war too.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well, I believe you're not far off. Saudi Arabia is one of the problem.
The Zionist state is the other problem. Again, in my opinion both are cancers created by the West to try to destroy Judaism and Islam from within.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think Saudi Arabia has a policy of deportation instead of incarceration that causes many problems. They catch a terrorist and ask what religion are you what nationality and deport them to another country. Take Egypt right now catching terrorist in the peninsula. They catch them then deport them according to there religion to Syria. It is the Saudi way that is adopted by the Middle East. And it is not just Egypt. Israel does it unless they are Palestinian. UAE, Jordan, Turkey and the list goes on. They all believe in deportation of terrorist to another country. And you can tie this to the Nomadic life that they live. No borders in the deserts just moving to the next place that has water. Now the nomadic life is to the next warzone.

www.usatoday.com...

Citing what it calls a "top secret memo" in April from the Ministry of Interior, AINA says the Saudi offered 1,239 inmates a pardon and a monthly stipend for their families, which were were allowed to stay in the Sunni Arab kingdom. Syrian President Bashar Assad is an Alawite, a minority Shiite sect.

According to an English translation of the memo, besides Saudis, the prisoners included Afghans, Egyptians, Iraqis, Jordanians, Kuwaitis, Pakistanis, Palestinians, Somalis, Sudanese, Syrians and Yemenis. All faced "execution by sword" for murder, rape or drug smuggling.

But then again the US deports drug dealers who have less then 500 lbs when they cross the border. So is the US sending felons to Mexico to fight wars as terrorist when they do that?
edit on 9-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

They're certainly part of the problem. ...and we've, the west, merrily looked the other way for decades.

They support/supported the Intifada, all the while playing at being an ally of the U.S. Not sure how you can play both sides against the other, unless you've a third agenda...

Oh, yes, they're part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Totally agree, we should have made it a parking lot along time ago. They have added nothing to the human cause, nothing but use up resources. Wow did I say that out loud, lol just kidding.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

Nothing? Ever?

You maybe need to look again. Most of the science that we use today had its groundwork laid by Muslim/Arab scholars. Or Jewish and Christian scholars living in those area. The west, at the same time, was busily having a little thing called the Inquisition.

Kidding? I really hope so.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Great post there . Hit the proverbial Nail on the Head . The Saudi's in Reality along with Israel are America's most Dangerous Enemies Behind the Scenes simply because of their Covert actions in baiting the U.S. into Military action in one ME Country after the other . The American People sooner or later Have to Insist their Goverment Cease and Desist from getting Involved in Endless Political Wars just for the Benefit of those two Deceivers......

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit

Great post there . Hit the proverbial Nail on the Head . The Saudi's in Reality along with Israel are America's most Dangerous Enemies Behind the Scenes simply because of their Covert actions in baiting the U.S. into Military action in one ME Country after the other . The American People sooner or later Have to Insist their Goverment Cease and Desist from getting Involved in Endless Political Wars just for the Benefit of those two Deceivers......

While Israel is definitely a huge catalyst for US intervention, it is in a different realm of Middle Eastern affairs IMO. As Israel isn't so much an Oil power as they are a Religious and political power. Saudi Arabia seems to be playing both sides of the field as a previous poster stated, and they have made the playing field lucrative enough for the United States to play ball for their team. Perhaps they "have us by the (proverbial) balls" because they are such a huge supplier of oil for us. That said, the US also benefits greatly from huge expenditures on oil through OPEC members. As oil is purchased through OPEC countries, the value of the USD increases because it is a reserve currency. Oil is such a huge industry, that it is plausible that the US economy could possibly bottom out if it lost its stake as the reserve currency for OPEC. Saudi Arabia can hold this over the US's head whenever they please. "Cross us / don't play into our plans and we pull our support for the dollar, etc. etc. Or play along with us and reap the benefits."

It's a very tricky position for anyone to be in, but the fact that it is the US is even trickier. It also explains Obama's sense of urgency in the whole Syrian matter. Remove the Shi'ite controlled government and allow the Sunni's to take control. This essentially makes Syria an asset of Saudi Arabia. The Shi'ites are the current minority as a population there, but they are making all the calls at the government level. This makes them competitors on economic and religious levels with Saudi Arabia.

It's clear though, that this isn't about chemical weapons. That was just the US's ticket for an extended stay in the Middle East, and perhaps a "two birds with one stone" ticket. Conflict with Syria would undoubtedly draw Iranian support, giving us the go ahead to disrupt and overthrow the other major opponents of the USD as an OPEC reserve and opening the floodgates for a Sunni takeover. So this also begs the question of Why? Why in God's name would Assad use chemical weapons on Syrian people? If it was in fact the Syrian government, then the only purpose would be to draw the US and Sunni/rebel supporters into conflict. We can see now that they do not want this and they are even proposing alternatives to war. So that turns the pointer towards the rebels, why would they do it? Well, because of everything being examined in this thread. The biggest supporter of the Sunni/Al Qaeda/Syrian Rebels are none other than the Saudis and the west (USA). So there is undoubtedly potential for this to be a false flag.

We are the most powerful pieces on the field, but we are but pawns to the Kings of Oil and agendas, because they can crush us economically.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia is mostly Sunni

In actuality most of Saudi Arabia are Wahhabi, and although they are an off shoot from Sunni's they are much more radical.

For much of its history most of the region has been controlled by a patchwork of tribal rulers. The Al Saud (the Saudi royal family), were originally minor tribal rulers in Nejd in central Arabia. From the mid-18th century, imbued with the religious zeal of the Wahabbi Islamic movement, they became aggressively expansionist. Over the following 150 years the extent of the Al Saud territory fluctuated. However, between 1902 and 1927, the Al Saud leader, Abdul Aziz, carried out a series of wars of conquest which resulted in his creation of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1932.

Rise of Wahhabism and the first Saudi state

Edit to add: I can see how you might wonder what this has to do with the op, but believe me it is pertinent.
edit on 10-9-2013 by Diisenchanted because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

You are correct, but at the core they are still Sunni and because of this the dynamic is essentially the same with Shi'ite Muslims. In the 1920 rebellion, both sects worked together against the British. They haven't always been in such violent turmoil. The fighting between sects has never truly ceased though. The US has undoubtedly put more attention on these conflicts and even went as far as helping to create the villains/radical groups that have increased tensions. We essentially fueled the war for both sides and made sure the unrest and destabilization remained constant.

While it is true that much of Saudi Arabia is Wahhabi, they are indeed of the same school as Sunni. It would be similar to an Evangelical Christian, they are still Christians, just a bit more extreme in their beliefs.

If we were to break it down for Westerners who aren't familiar, the conflicts would be akin to Catholics (For this example we'll say they represent Shi'ites) fighting Evangelicals (Wahhabi, Sunni). Both Catholics and Evangelicals believe in Jesus Christ, but they practice differently and traditions/rituals are different on many levels. Shi'ites believe their rulers or figureheads must be of Ali or Fatimah lineage whereas Sunni believe you only have to be a practicing Muslim. That is perhaps one of the larger divides between the sects, and is a point for a lot of conflict. While I don't pretend to know all the inner workings of the Sects, I am familiar with some of the key differences. It's important for people to understand some of the dynamics if they wish to get a grasp on the big picture in the Middle East and why the US chooses to intervene so often.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's a known fact that nearly all of the visas granted to the 9/11 "hijackers" were issued from the embassy's in Riyadh and Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
So go figure..
Bin Laden was Saudi..the hijackers were nearly all Saudi, their visas were issued in Saudi...
Saudi was complicit in the 9/11 attack upto the hilt.

However, war makes strange bedfellow's, as Bonaparte said.

edit on 10-9-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I work private security, and have worked in Djibouti, Iraq, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Malaysia. Every single contract that requires a military style application of or threat of force, rather than say mere personal security, has involved Islam in one way, shape, or form. Do I hate muslims? No. Most of them are like you and me. They want to be happy, prosperous, and want to see their children be happy and prosperous. I have many Muslim friends, both at home in the US and abroad. However, as an ideology, religion, economic system. legal system, political system, an all-encompassing societal system, I find Islam to be considerably less competitive than other modern societal systems. I find it also generates conflict where there would otherwise be none. In that regard, I find Islam very disagreeable.

Saudi promotes an extreme fundamentalist form of Islam, also known as Wahhabi. To put it lightly, they make American Southern Baptists look downright tame. As a societal system, they, along with Kuwaiti and Yemeni would be literally still in the late medieval period if it weren't for Oil money. In fact, just last century, they were existing in the medieval period until the discovery of oil. I don't mind if they say "yeah well this is our culture". Fine, great, you can keep it. But don't export it. The majority of Mosques built today, I think it was over 80% if memory serves, is funded, at least partially, with Saudi money. My understanding, too, is that you can't accept the check without accepting the strings attached. Those strings are to preach, overtly or covertly, Wahhabi Islam.
edit on 10-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Galvatron
I work private security, and have worked in Djibouti, Iraq, Afghanistan, Indonesia, Malaysia. Every single contract that requires a military style application of or threat of force, rather than say mere personal security, has involved Islam in one way, shape, or form. Do I hate muslims? No. Most of them are like you and me. They want to be happy, prosperous, and want to see their children be happy and prosperous. I have many Muslim friends, both at home in the US and abroad. However, as an ideology, religion, economic system. legal system, political system, an all-encompassing societal system, I find Islam to be considerably less competitive than other modern societal systems. I find it also generates conflict where there would otherwise be none. In that regard, I find Islam very disagreeable.

Saudi promotes an extreme fundamentalist form of Islam, also known as Wahhabi. To put it lightly, they make American Southern Baptists look downright tame. As a societal system, they, along with Kuwaiti and Yemeni would be literally still in the late medieval period if it weren't for Oil money. In fact, just last century, they were existing in the medieval period until the discovery of oil. I don't mind if they say "yeah well this is our culture". Fine, great, you can keep it. But don't export it. The majority of Mosques built today, I think it was over 80% if memory serves, is funded, at least partially, with Saudi money. My understanding, too, is that you can't accept the check without accepting the strings attached. Those strings are to preach, overtly or covertly, Wahhabi Islam.
edit on 10-9-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

Thanks for you insight, it is a good perspective for comparison.

I wasn't in any way saying that Evangelicals or Southern Baptist are similar to Wahhabi in any way other than saying they are a bit more "extreme" than your run of the mill Christian. Beyond that there are very few similarities as far as religion goes. It was merely an example to make the concepts more palatable for those unfamiliar.

Wahhabi Islam is of the Sunni school of thought. It is a sub-sect of the Sunni form of Islam. As you've said it is high pressure and forceful. Islam to me isn't as appropriate for "modern" society as other religions for reasons you've mentioned. I'm not trying to get into all of the semantics of Islam, but I definitely agree with what most people have said so far in regards to Wahhabism. The religion is the "proxy-war" and the Oil is what really has the US tied to the Middle East (everyone already knows this) but I was pointing out the common factor in our constant intervention which appears to be Saudi Arabia.

It is interesting they are rarely mentioned, but when you put all the facts together it is pretty obvious IMO. Yet, your average US citizen still believes this is about Chemical weapons, reducing terrorist threats, installing democracy, etc etc. I'm not sure there is much we can do about it at the moment, but its worth noting for future reference. It may give us insight into future events.

edit on 10-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join