It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria welcomes Russia's offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Russia 1 Obama 0

I wonder how Obama administration will handle this, it seems to me that Putin has created a situation that Obama can't refuse

This shows you don't understand the problem at all. This is a God-sent blessing for Obama. He didn't want to go to war in the first place. He just painted himself into a corner of a burning house and Putin just pulled his ass out of the fire. I think there is more going on than what they let CNN and Fox see.

Recall Obama's open mic slip to Putin about WMD's a few years ago? I think the Snowden thing was over-blown as well. Snowden is not a big fish. he was a 3 week side show for the masses. Obama hates WMD's, especially Nukes. Putin just scored MUCHO brownie points with Obama admin. right now they are scrambling to make the hand over of weapons seem legit.

If the Syrians balk and somehow the deal falls through, Putin can wash his hands of it. All the countries who don't want military action will grudgingly give in and do some type of strike. Hell they might get it to pass in the UN. After all, we went to the brink of war and then a peaceful solution was found. Obama's Nobel prize...intact.

If it works, and the WMD's never rear their ugly head, the west can let the war continue on and on. It can drain Iran even. You understand Al Queda and Iran are not exactly buddies right? Sunni, Shia thing.

This is a huge win for Obama and Putin. Everyone wins except for the poor bastards in Syria.

Hey, ill make a prediction...in a few months Snowden will leave Russia - he may even get nabbed by the FBI and brought back to the US.

V

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm still formulating my own opinions, but I'm curious how ATS feels about this girl's interpretation.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

It appears as though he's (Obama) not giving up.. at least it sounds that way to me listening to his speech right now. He says, "The USA doesn't do pinpricks."

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

RobinB022
reply to post by Senduko

It appears as though he's (Obama) not giving up.. at least it sounds that way to me listening to his speech right now. He says, "The USA doesn't do pinpricks."

He said he's postponing a vote for military action while they pursue the option of Syria giving up its weapons. Sounds like Syria is pretty screwed no matter what though.

Maybe this was the plan all along. Have the U.S. play the warmonger routine to get people all riled up, then back off and solve it peacefully. Now, through relative comparison, the government looks more democratic than it really is, at least to your average person. They regain some credibility because people will think "Yay! They listened to us!", and yet still gain control of Syria based on false-flag accusations. Syria goes down without even the chance to put up a fight.

Maybe less people die now, but it doesn't look good for the future of the Middle East. Just my interpretation.
edit on 10-9-2013 by AlliumIslelily because: Adding thoughts.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is a very shrewd move from Russia and more of a Kick in the face to America

Now we will see if this was about the use of Chemical weapons or

What I believe Regime change ...... lets see what Obama does

Riouz

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow so just last week Assad said Syria didnt have any chemical weapons but today they are going to give them up? Hmmm

link   
So Assad says they will give up their chemical weapons but he didnt say anything about the chemical weapons that he says the rebels have? Looks to me like he just admitted that his regime used the weapons otherwise how does he turn over weapons that he doesnt have?

link   
And Putin is such a model. He gassed his own people in that movie theater back in 2002. Such a saint.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well looks like from Obama's speech tonight that the military option isnt off the table as some folks think he has promised Putiin. Sounds like he will wait and see and if nothing pops off then strike is on. US military assets staying put.
edit on 10-9-2013 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

WhySoBlinded
reply to post by Senduko

And i wonder what Netanyahu and Aipac will do now ,lolol
Its a great move and lets hope it works so that Assad can finish those cannibals

Seems pretty clear. If he doesn't really want to take military action, then he does nothing and lets Russia handle the details. On the other hand, if he does want a war, then he drafts a UN resolution demanding that Syria hand over its weapons under terms that are difficult or impossible to meet, then claim they are stalling.
edit on 11-9-2013 by Spectral Norm because: grammar problem

edit on 11-9-2013 by Spectral Norm because: gee whiz that makes two typos

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AlliumIslelily

Well, first of all, infowars' "Syrian Girl" is a tool of propaganda - no matter which way you cut it. That should be very clear here.

Yes, she has a point that all those countries were attacked anyway, after they gave up their WMD's - albeit a very glossed over presentation of history. However, her proposal is that the WMD's are the only thing that is keeping the Syrian state alive. Well, perhaps that is true and perhaps WMD's in the hands of a sane state leader are bargaining chips, much like an arsenal of nukes. Obviously in the hands of terrorists, they are not bargaining chips but actual tools of death.

I think she is right to some degree. However, they are weak bargaining chips for Assad to use. Basically he is damned if he does and he's damned if he doesn't get rid of them.

It will NOT be an easy feat at all for either the UN or any other military power to just walk on in there and start putting padlocks on the weapons storage lockers - in the middle of a war zone. This is actually a much more complex solution than a limited airstrike. Not that simplicity is the answer here. I think an earlier post was right when they said that Putin is perhaps trying to unveil the actal reason for going into Syria. It is NOT about the WMD's...this is about the petro dollar, natural gas lines and likely some sick twisted "fate" of the extended version of the crusades.

Also, what she says about Iraq and Iran is not exactly hardcore historical evidence. Not that the Wikipedia is much for that, but it does have credible references at to where these countries are with their disarmament of CW.

en.wikipedia.org...

Clearly Iraq and Lybia both are still harboring CW's as the stockpiles are not fully destroyed yet....slated to be done by 2015 for Libya and even longer for the rest.

Case in point - Syrian Girl is nothing but propaganda from the "truth" propaganda site of Alex Jones. I'm sure she is telling all of her stories a couple of blocks away from a nice Florida or California beach. Perhaps not, but don't take anything from the AJ propaganda machine as absolute truth. Especially when he claims to have an "inside" perspective like this.

And the lesson for today - Do your homework!
edit on 11-9-2013 by Sparkymedic because: found more info to cite

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparkymedic

Thanks for that. I needed a more critical second opinion.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
If the US and its allies really want whats in Syria, they'll be sure to find an excuse to invade. If it's not chemical weapons, it'll be torture or even other WMD... The question is, will Syria really take this opportunity and if they do, will the US risk looking bad when finding another reason to interfere again?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Our lord and master who has been running around shouting Allahu Akbar and trying to start ww3 has been stopped by the people. This is a great day for the power of the people. Our lord and master has been given the " No Bull Please Prize"

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

CALGARIAN
Unless Assad steps down, this deal is NULL!

It's "too late". He used the weapons already.

IF I shoot someone, they die and I tell cops "Here, I'll give the gun to you and won't kill again".

How would that go over?

If the cops are the types that only give you one chance at redeeming yourself, I'd say it wouldn't turn out too well for you. You're still of the mindset that violence needs to be dealt with, with counter-violence quickly and without thought.......otherwise everyone involved are patsies.

This may come as a shock to you, but there are other peaceful ways of dealing with criminals other than the typical "democratic" method that is still being sung about in grade schools to this day. I don't know how many different ways I have to say this before the message is clear, but America is losing it's grip. The rest of the world doesn't care anymore how impressively sized our military is because nobody is going to blow anyone else to kingdom come and everyone knows it........they don't listen to our windbag leaders anymore because they know at this point they are unqualified to be leaders on the world stage. The thought of our monetary system makes them nervous and everyone is watching BRIC.

Putin is doing what other leaders have been wanting to do for a very long time.....step into an international situation and give a solution that is counter to what the U.S. wants to do, but no other leader in the world has the reputation and image that Putin has. One that says "Screw me over once and it will be the last". Putin is believable. None of our leaders are.

Oh, and he still has Snowden living in his country. How well do you think THAT'S going over buddy?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

imod02
Our lord and master has been given the " No Bull Please Prize"

Haha, made me chuckle.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Do you think world war three will be the answer of questions, no I don't think it will work, come up with answer instead of war.

____________________________________________________________________________________
edit on 15/10/13 by JAK because: Please see Terms And Conditions Of Use 15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join