It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria welcomes Russia's offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
"France says it will put a resolution to the UN Security Council to place Syria's chemical weapons under international control so they can be destroyed"

www.bbc.co.uk...

So, Russia comes up with the idea and Syria accepts Russia's plan, the west try and turn it around into their plan and idea to look like the good guys?

Hmm...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Just read about it on Skynews!

Great!

Lets hope this will diffuse any possible tensions in the area and we don't have to worry about a potential mass War breaking out!

It just remains to hear that the USA won't be attacking! As far as I know, Obama hasn't called off any Strikes and is still seeking approval from Congress! (Which I think is a very silly idea, he should back down now and just accept that going into Syria is a bad idea, especially as all other sides have agreed to the 'weapons handover').

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yes they are still trying to sell it this morning. Not shocked Kerry says: we need the American people to speak as one voice. Lets see - we have. The american people have said "no". What he is really saying is - override their voices and make it appear we are all united. We only have to convince you to not listen to the people. In turn you will further put their lives in danger from terroristic actions.
That's because your job is important and you do, in fact, represent the voice of the people of this great country. But we won't say that. We have to show we have values, because in this case there are values involved. The value of the money it will put in my pocketbook.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

So, Syria finally admits to the who thing, huh.

The US was right after all right from the start of the Gulf War.

What about the claims that the rebels were the ones who used chemical weapons?

What about the claims that US leaders and media were lying and using fake photos and stuff to spend billions for another war?

ATS should shove those threads in the HOAX bin and ban their sources.

edit on 10-9-2013 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Im right onc e again!!! Been telling you guys on here for weeks now there would be no strike.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reject
reply to post by Senduko

ATS should shove those threads in the HOAX bins and ban their sources.

Or maybe we should just go and execute them eh?

Maybe we should ban open discussion and kill those who have opinions that differ from our own.

I mean if you are going to set up a dictatorship, might as well do it properly right?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

If they spout bull crap, they need to be called out on it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reject
reply to post by OneManArmy

If they spout bull crap, they need to be called out on it.

Yes i agree, but you said ban their sources.

Bit extreme no?
edit on 10-9-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I don't do politics but I will say this or type it, Ed Miliband it seems the world owes you a favour whether you know it or not, by insisting for a house of commons vote and stop the automatic YES to America and start the bombing, you gave the world a chance to breath and pause for a moment and perhaps think for a change.

I hope this gets resolved as peacefully as possible.

Wolfie

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

edit on 10-9-2013 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

went on Assads web site and used the e-mailed at base of the home page suggesting he gives up his chemical weapons to Russia.this was last Wednesday.i am amazed it has happend.who knows if it influenced someone.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Putin shipping Assad more weapons to crush rebels’
www.timesofisrael.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yes Putin dominated Obama with his foreign policy skills and political charisma is getting the job done, but in all honesty it was no contest for Putin to smash this worthless leader we have.

The real question is.... did Putin just get his hands on an additional arsenal of chemical weapons for free? And if so, what is his intentions?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by tommyjo

I read both your articles and the homeland security one is specific to note they found empty artillery shells, "sulphur mustard" stored seperately and nothing loaded or ready to use as a weapon? They also refused to comment on how much of either the shells or the chemical they found, while repeating, nothing was loaded or usable in the form they found it?

I hadn't seen those stories and they really piss me off. Another way to justify the murder of Gadaffi. I wouldn't have minded seeing him get it back when he deserved it, either. It was a day of some celebration, as I do recall, following the Reagan strike on his personal compound. In anything remotely like recent history though??

Well..... Gadaffi GAVE UP.... 100% BY CHOICE...everything he had in 2003. That included a Nuclear program which Western experts described as 'considerably more advanced than anyone suspected". He did that to get a clean slate to function as a viable nation again.

I predict, given how he was raped and murdered in the street like a common criminal...by the people WE supported to do it (sound familiar??) No one and NO leader will ever willingly give up those weapons again, anywhere in the world. If he'd still had them? He likely would be alive today....and I am sure that lesson isn't lost on anyone. North Korea shows how true that is.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

That's true but Assad does not have to give anything up just put it on the table to see what Obama does next!
Bashar can say he is going to walk on water but that does not mean he is going to do it! I'm sure that TPTB can't
afford to wait much longer. They are desperate to get into Syria and Iran. They will be something big in the works to provoke an immediate western response without any approval from anyone! I expect a very large attack with civilian casualties probably Americans, English or Israeli deaths! Something that would create a tone of retaliation! Maybe even tomorrow on the anniversary of September 11th!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

Agreed on your last part. I'll feel much more relaxed come Thursday morning. I wish I could sleep through tomorrow, as this doesn't feel like past ones since the Towers came down. I just hope it's very ....boring.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Question for everybody:

Obama said no boots on the ground, but if they conducted classified operations with special forces, then he wouldn't have to mention it anyway right? There's always loopholes.

I asked this in another thread but only got one answer.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Wow so just last week Assad said Syria didnt have any chemical weapons but today they are going to give them up? Hmmm

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So Assad says they will give up their chemical weapons but he didnt say anything about the chemical weapons that he says the rebels have? Looks to me like he just admitted that his regime used the weapons otherwise how does he turn over weapons that he doesnt have?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
And Putin is such a model. He gassed his own people in that movie theater back in 2002. Such a saint.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

That is a loophole, yes.

You'll find that most people on here tend to follow their own script and avoid deviating from it.
edit on 10-9-2013 by teachtaire because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join