It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria welcomes Russia's offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Senduko

This should have come from Obama

Hey I tried to help him out, but it looks like Putin reads more ATS than Obama.

The Only Acceptable Solution To The Crisis in Syria

If it works... I'm claiming part of Putin's Nobel Peace Prize

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yep he calles Obama's hand. Russia and Syria know the US doesn't care about civilian deaths or chemical weapons. Most of us know. Now Putin is showing the rest of the USA and world. He knows Obama plans to go regardless.

It was reported rebels might be planning to attack Syria from areas under Assad control to pin it on Assad.

If Syria hands over the weapons nothing will change except more people wake up and Obama looks worse. There will be another CW attack by the rebels and Kerry will be back claiming Syria didn't hand all the CWs over. Then attack back on.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sueloujo

Saddam Hussein allowed the UN in to destroy 'Chemical Weapons - Mustard Gas - and once Iraq was clear........well you know what happened then.

War's stink of echoes

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This is an extremely brilliant move by Putin. Frankly, he's taking the White House and our politicians to school.

There's a downside to this though and that to me is that this greatly increases the probability of a FF attack on our own soil. Putin has created a situation where Obama will look terrible for wanting military intervention in Syria. Putin is starting to erase the excuses for attacking Syria that Obama has drummed up, which to me means Obama will need to go above and beyond to get the support he needs in his criminal crusade.

Only way to accomplish that is an attack on the US here at home.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I can see Obama saying "Yeah, it's great they're willing to surrender their chemical weapons, but they STILL unleashed them on their people, so I'm still going to go ahead with a strike."

Note: I've never been to Syria. I can't say whether Assad did it or not, nor can anybody else here. I'm at the point where I wouldn't put anything past Obama and his warmongering kiss asses. I hope the best for the people of Syria, and for us, the United States, to stop sticking our noses where they don't belong. I don't remember anybody electing the United States the World Police Department.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

Your comment reminded me of this laugh out loud depiction of the "World Police".

WARNING - VIEWER DISCRETION ADVISED

edit on 9-9-2013 by smugmushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

This.

You know our country has really gone to # when RUSSIA, of all countries, is able to come up with a completely viable DIPLOMATIC solution before our own US Government. Good job Mr. President, you have set a new precedent.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

NowanKenubi

Originally posted by Senduko
This should have come from Obama you know leader of the oldest democracy on earth *chuckles*
edit on 9-9-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

The US is definately not the the 'oldest democracy on Earth, maybe the most successfully implemented, and we do have a good running, but democracy was around far before the US.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Senduko

rt.com

Syria welcomes Russia’s offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control, Syrian Foreign Minister Al-Muallem said.

It follows Russia's call on Syria to put its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent destruction to avert a possible military strike.
(visit the link for the full news article)

There was speculation 3-4 days ago about Russian ships sent to remove Assad's chemical stockpile.

This is an interesting development no doubt. It remains to be seen if hawks will be satisfied or resort to some other tricks.

It is clear that rebels have chemicals too. So removing Assad's stockpile does not remove use in Syria.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

chuck258
reply to post by Senduko

This.

You know our country has really gone to # when RUSSIA, of all countries, is able to come up with a completely viable DIPLOMATIC solution before our own US Government. Good job Mr. President, you have set a new precedent.

USA has been slipping constantly off late. Did you NOT notice that? The government is making up numbers about unemployment. Youth cannot find jobs. The population is downbeat. Economy is held by massive money printing (10% of GDP, so the real GDP is actually much lower than government numbers).

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is why our dear leader didn't think of this. Maybe it was the plan all along, even though there is proof that U.S backed rebels did it. Now I'm really confused. And why just Syria?? Maybe there should be a whole new peace- disarmament treaty proposed and the whole damn lot of us should get rid of our W.M.D'S. I think that would be a good start even though it might not last that long. How about it Mr President????? We can set a good example too, right???

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

I hope Kerry and McCain don't flip out like that after coming so close to getting their WW3 HAAAAA!!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
LMFAO, Oboma finally did it. It wasn't easy to out do Jimmy Carter in stupid, but he finally did it, and boy did he do it well. Obozo looks 10x stupider than Jimmy Carter ever did. Talk about a laughing stock. Everyone that even voted for him looks like a idiot now. I can't wait to see the look on my liberal friends faces after I get through with them.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

baburak
Funny how the Russian president has to be the one who saves a lot of lives of the US soldiers and Obama is still the one who wants to send them there.

Not just saving the lives of US soldiers, but saving the lives of innocent Syrian civilians, Russian troops, Iranians and Israelis... not to mention Chinese, Turks, British, French, Saudi's, and Indians....... If we strike Syria (we being the US) it will open a whole can of worms that will drag other fish into the lake of fire. I have a feeling that this issue is not just us vs. them... it's us and our friends vs everyone else. Assad may be a douche, seriously I don't care.... we have no business getting involved in their business. Let him handle this on his own. The whole chemical weapons drama is just that... it's drama meant to play on the heartstrings of other nations and the composer still have yet to be proven.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Good to see that a way out was thought of. At the start of this mess, I said this was a way out too... good to see I wasn't wrong.

starfoxxx
Also Assad should give up who ever let that chemical weapon attack happen without his consent.
They should be given over to the international court, even if it is his brother..

The international court doesn't work that way. It has no right to try citizens, only sovereign entities. Prosecuting an individual cannot legally be done at an international level. There's a bunch of reasons for this, with jurisdiction and enforcing a court ruling being just minor issues, the larger ones have to do with the entire concept of sovereignty itself.

If it was someone under Assad who used the weapons, it's up to Assad or whoever ends up in control of Syria to prosecute that individual.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Assad is desperate. He is afraid of a US attack. It is obvious that he used chemical weapons. These are the talking points on every news channel when discussing the recent Assad interview. When every "news" channel has the same talking points you know what you are hearing is US government propaganda (lies). What this really means is that the US government is desperate to make the people believe their lies. What it means is that Assad is not desperate, does not fear a US attack, and it is not obvious that he used chemical weapons. How do people go on TV and lie and lie every day concerning the most serious matters? Only psychopaths can do this.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousme333

Did you hear Kerry? He said that the only way Assad can avoid war is to give up all his chemical weapons in a week's time. Then he said Assad could not do it because it was impossible. Kerry is an evil jackass. He gives Assad one week to complete the impossible. Kerry seemed genuinely upset that there was a possibility that war with Syria could be avoided. I think McCain and Kerry are psychopaths who should be watched carefully. They may try to steal the nuclear football.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This all is a big distraction. How many times Iran was on the brink of war, since let say 2007? How many times North Korea was?

Now we have a hair triggered attack and at once Russian diplomatic initiative puts it on hold (while it couldn't stop events for a long time before that moment). I bet Obama agreed on it already at G20 in Moscow. That's great of course! No WW3, no nukes, Jerusalem saved, Syria saved! Thanks be to God! Blessed are the peacemakers, says Jesus in the Gospel!

But that is ALL theater. By powers behind. What is the real play that we are not told?

Why after being made to believe in 2012, nothing happened? What do the masters hide from us? I can add more and more dates and events, since the fall of Berlin Wall, since the end of WW2. Such as Roswell.

There is only one thing they didn't speak on CNN about it. Not officially. Not yet because "the people are not ready". They will NEVER be ready!

It's time. We really don't need another Syrian play, another nuclear scenario being played out by smartest guys in forums and govt agencies. Be it real or fake.

Let get what's ours for centuries. Let the world change begin, Now.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

GargIndia

Senduko

rt.com

Syria welcomes Russia’s offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control, Syrian Foreign Minister Al-Muallem said.

It follows Russia's call on Syria to put its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent destruction to avert a possible military strike.
(visit the link for the full news article)

There was speculation 3-4 days ago about Russian ships sent to remove Assad's chemical stockpile.

This is an interesting development no doubt. It remains to be seen if hawks will be satisfied or resort to some other tricks.

It is clear that rebels have chemicals too. So removing Assad's stockpile dories not remove use in Syria.

im going out on a limb here... but what if Obama...after planning with Putin came up with the plan of launching a strike against Syria after a long collaboration session. So figure if the US knew that the rebels launched the chemical weapons.... then the US and Russia get in touch... they talk about some things.. and come to an agreement... they leave Assad in the dark.. and the US struts and preens about teaching Syria a lesson... so the rebels feel somewhat safe since we are going to teach Assad a lesson. The strike time comes.. the cruise missiles are launched... and every single one of them targets a rebel group and decimates them and the chemical weapons they are in possession of.

I know it is hard to believe...especially given Obozo's track record... but who knows.. maybe that is why the "proof" they have of chemical attacks by Assad seems to be NIL.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

I guess that is why the MSM only takes the cream of the crop from the best of the best insane asylums. I mean it makes sense. I bet that their medical insurance is so good that they pay nothing for the brainwashing meds that they use to get these "reporters" and "journalists" to broadcast their litter box propaganda. The reporters really dont make squat for money.. not in the real sense... so free meds would sweeten the deal for them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join