It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria welcomes Russia's offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

We don't even know yet whether or not the Syrians are going to play ball now and under what form of international supervision.
This is a chance for a peaceful solution. The U.S. Gov. would do well to take it into serious consideration.

tommyjo
And with good cause.

What with good cause? Rather set the world on fire? I hope that's not what you meant.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is great news. Who would think that Russia could bring peace and the higher moral ground.
Could you imagine McCain in his office at the moment. Big tantum. He will be like some of those videos you see on you tube throwing his computer around kicking everything in site. LOL.
The only problem is that those scumbag rebels, might just cause another huge false flag, that could be a danger.

I hope peace prevails. Humanity needs its.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

aarys

Could you imagine McCain in his office at the moment. Big tantum. He will be like some of those videos you see on you tube throwing his computer around kicking everything in site. LOL.

And it goes a little something like this......

EDIT: My 666th post.....SPOOKY.
edit on 9-9-2013 by OneManArmy because: The antichrist made me do it

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Good move by the Russians. Hopefully Assad follows this and no US attack occurs. However, Im not so sure the US is going to go along with this at the moment. It seems Kerry thinks there's absolutely no chance Assad will go along with this.

rt.com...

"Sure, he could turn over every single bit of his chemical weapons to the international community in the next week - turn it over, all of it without delay and allow the full and total accounting [of it[, but he isn't about to do it and it can't be done," Kerry said.

Following Kerry’s statement, a US State Department spokeswoman clarified that “Secretary Kerry was making a rhetorical argument about the impossibility and unlikelihood of Assad turning over chemical weapons”.

"His [Kerry's[ point was that this brutal dictator with a history of playing fast and loose with the facts cannot be trusted to turn over chemical weapons, otherwise he would have done so long ago. That's why the world faces this moment," the spokeswoman said.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Funny how the Russian president has to be the one who saves a lot of lives of the US soldiers and Obama is still the one who wants to send them there.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe the US will find another excuse to attack.

Fingers crossed they dont, but the US being the US and not us......

Syrian rebels plan chem attack on Israel from Assad-controlled territories

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

There is no doubt Putin is a professional.

I am forced to agree with Bill Clinton.

Obama is an amateur...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wow, Putin, you have out done yourself sir!

Such an excellent proposition and should save many lives in the process. Obama, you're a war warmongering idiot who's far to trigger happy. Get your note pad out - Putin is leading by example here.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

whyamIhere
reply to post by MDDoxs

There is no doubt Putin is a professional.

I am forced to agree with Bill Clinton.

Obama is an amateur...

One thing I learned about the Russians.......

Don't play them at chess.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am sure, that Obama and his followers will find an excuse to get their chance for a stricke. And this will be the moment when the world will wake up and realize who is the bad guy.

I bet Kerry has a big problem now. He should have never proposed that. This is a solution now, that does not hurt Assad, but the plans of Obama.
Now they already call it a move by Assas to delay everything, they just don't want it to happen.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I wonder if maybe the U.S. gubmint coulda come up with such an idea on it's own, instead of the sabre rattling and all.

If this offer by Russia is ignored, we will KNOW there is something more behind the entire mess that is not being admitted.

With all of the different views and opinions from the media outlets, it's not possible to really even get a reasonably good idea of what may be going on, we'll see how a reasonable plan of action being presented is viewed by those bullies in Washington.

I say they will say the suggestion isn't quite good enough.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Kerry fumbled. Russia picked up on it and scored a touchdown.
Putin knows what he's doing. He has stepped in and saved the day.
Now if only we can get Obama to back off ....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Your assumption is that the U.S. (or more precisely TPTB that operate the government) ever had any interest in resolving this issue. They don't. They're looking for an excuse to attack and this one fit. Team Putin wants to retain their natural gas hegemony in Europe so of course want to retain the Syrian status quo. Two teams with conflicting interests and the Syrian people are caught in the middle.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah, I think it is just a way to approach the "Iran Issues" from another direction, while garnering public support with pictures and stories of dead children.

When did the Iranian Oil Bourse start?, 2007, 2008?..

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I might sound like the bad guy here but how do we know its not a stalling method by the Russia/Syrian Government?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Ronnie6657
I might sound like the bad guy here but how do we know its not a stalling method by the Russia/Syrian Government?

And if it is....

Then some innocent people get to live for longer.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well it sounds like Putin gave them a valid option with which to bail out of an otherwise awkward situation... Sounds to me like the international pro-war community might want to put their teeth away until we hear a decision. Let's just hope that the 'local' administration doesn't decide to take matters into their own hands regardless of it all - as they seem to have the tendency to do.

Well played Moscow, I hope it pans out.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

No different than Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya. Remember that Gen. Clarke laid this whole thing out years ago.

And here's the clip about that

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I don't think this will change anything. Sure, Assad won't have access to Chemical Weapons anymore and, if you believe the "Official Story", the world will be a lot safer, but the Rebels do. All the Rebels have to do is launch a Chemical Weapons attack from a government-controlled area and you'll hear: "Assad launches Chemical Weapons attack; Turns out he kept some of his stockpile - Time to carpet bomb them!". In my opinion, the West will find a way to bomb them regardless except, in this scenario, Assad won't have any effective weapons to retaliate with on Israel as he wants to do.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Pretty sure this was orchestrated by the US and Russia. Putin is a politician, he knows the corner that Obama painted himself in. Im sure there has been all sorts of communication between the two. Putin probably offered Obama a way out of his dilemme. "Just have a reporter ask John Kerry if there is any way to avoid a strike. Have him reply that sure, if Assad would get rid of his chemical weapons in a week". Then i (Putin) will run with this idea and we have the ball rolling....

I mean come on, everyone saw this It was NEITHER a case of Kerry slipping up or Putin looking like a hero and running with a comment. This thing was plain ORCHESTRATED and is why i kept telling one THERE WOULD BE NO STRIKE!! I have never been wrong on here sabout these things. I am still 100%.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join