It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria welcomes Russia's offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Syria welcomes Russia's offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control

rt.com

Syria welcomes Russia’s offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control, Syrian Foreign Minister Al-Muallem said.

It follows Russia's call on Syria to put its chemical weapons under international control for subsequent destruction to avert a possible military strike.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

We are calling on the Syrian authorities not only agree on putting chemical weapons storages under international control, but also for its further destruction and then joining the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons,” Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said earlier.

“We have passed our offer to Al-Muallem [Syrian Foreign Minister] and hope to receive a fast and positive answer,” he added.

Russia 1 Obama 0

I wonder how Obama administration will handle this, it seems to me that Putin has created a situation that Obama can't refuse.

Really interesting development.

rt.com

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

And i wonder what Netanyahu and Aipac will do now ,lolol
Its a great move and lets hope it works so that Assad can finish those cannibals

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The ball has been thrown in Syria's court.
How does he know, if he gives them up, then they will not just bomb him anyway..?
There would have to be a contract written it is a must,
Syria is to sign the international ban on chemical weapons treaty..
This is a good comprise..

Also Assad should give up who ever let that chemical weapon attack happen without his consent.
They should be given over to the international court, even if it is his brother..
Be stern with them, no need to start dropping bombs..
Lets hope Obama the destroyer doesn't let his hubris and arrogance get in the way of this comprise,
and let us all hope he does not make up more lies so he can
deceive the American people into going to war with Syria.
edit on 9-9-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I think it shows how real leaders should run things.

The case is really simple, if there is good intent from Assad and if he speaks truth he will have no problem clearing his name.

It also makes a fine stance towards the international community that he truly wants to end the conflict peacefully.

This should have come from Obama you know leader of the oldest democracy on earth *chuckles*
edit on 9-9-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Well played Putin.

He knows this is nothing to do with chemical weapons, so is pushing Obama to show this to the world.

It's draughts players against chess players once again (or checkers for you trans-Atlantic types).

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
"Syria welcomes Russia’s offer to put its chemical weapons under intl control"

Sounds reasonable to me! I am sure however that Obama AKA the Antichrist will somehow find fault with said proposal.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Unless Assad steps down, this deal is NULL!

It's "too late". He used the weapons already.

IF I shoot someone, they die and I tell cops "Here, I'll give the gun to you and won't kill again".

How would that go over?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
This should have come from Obama you know leader of the oldest democracy on earth *chuckles*
edit on 9-9-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

And also, from a Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Let's hope it is all settled thru diplomacy. There are enough wars already.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
When the USA's leaders choose to ignore all evidence; When they attack a Sovereign Nation with no proof; When they ignore the Will of the People; All is lost.

Should we bomb Syria with no proof, with offers of help from Russia, We will not deserve anything other than a NATO led punishment of the USA.

Why can we attack another Country due to their internal issues with no repercussions? We have lots of big guns and an undeniable willingness to use them. Sooner or later The World is gonna kick our collective asses, and we deserve it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Outstanding News! Thanks for the update. Once upon a time I would have expected our side to come up with this and look for ways around killing people. Now we look for ways to ignore alternatives and cunning methods to get around laws prohibiting murder by nation-state.

Whatever the case for that and whoever came up with it (grudging credit where it's due for Mr. Putin), I'm just happy to finally see at least one BIG, solid, alternative path to war.

It's about time somene had a cooler head to at least give a viable choice. Now? I'd say war is a path that'll have to be taken atop a near consensus (THIS is what Consensus looks like, Gore) running 100% against it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

It's "too late". He used the weapons already.

Pics or it didn't happen...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Sorry that im going of topic but i need to correct you here.
The oldest democracy is Greece

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhySoBlinded
reply to post by Senduko

Sorry that im going of topic but i need to correct you here.
The oldest democracy is Greece

its a direct Obama Quote ...

"As The Leader Of The World's Oldest Constitutional Democracy"- Obama

edit on 9-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko

We are calling on the Syrian authorities not only agree on putting chemical weapons storages under international control, but also for its further destruction and then joining the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons,” Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said earlier.

“We have passed our offer to Al-Muallem [Syrian Foreign Minister] and hope to receive a fast and positive answer,” he added.

Russia 1 Obama 0

I wonder how Obama administration will handle this, it seems to me that Putin has created a situation that Obama can't refuse.

Really interesting development.

rt.com

The problem here is that this was an off handed statement made by Kerry....not Obama and, according to MSM, the state dept has been trying to backpeddle this one since it was said.

So truly Obama has no reason to follow up on it and Putin is just using the stupidity of Kerry to make Obama look stupid as well, though Obama has done PLENTY of that for himself.

I see Obama coming back and saying that this was never an option, especially since chemical weapons were already used.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WhySoBlinded

I was referring to a blatant mistake he made in a speech trying to convince the world to attack Syria.

He said leader of the oldest democracy on earth. Which everyone knows is Greece

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yes they did. They made this statement this weekend but it didn't get attention because the media likes to do what Obama would deem helpful. I will be amazed if congress approves a strike with the things being offered by Russia, Iran, and syria. Also - relations with Iran can take a turn for the better in here. They appear to want peace for their country. Not sure Israel will like It if Iran doesn't present as the bad guy in the near future. I love Israel but this is my take on it. I believe they have worked themselves up so much they won't know how to step back when Iran begins to cooperate.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

The problem here is that this was an off handed statement made by Kerry....not Obama and, according to MSM, the state dept has been trying to backpeddle this one since it was said.

So truly Obama has no reason to follow up on it and Putin is just using the stupidity of Kerry to make Obama look stupid as well, though Obama has done PLENTY of that for himself.

I see Obama coming back and saying that this was never an option, especially since chemical weapons were already used.

Which is what makes it doubly brilliant. Putin might even get a Nobel Peace Prize for this. It's so, so funny. A fantastic move.

There's a chess match happening here, but only one player knows the game is even going on.

edit on 9-9-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I guess we'll see how the tables turn here. I'll play on a scenerio and correct me if I'm wrong.

If the U.N has proof the chemical weapons came from the Assad then it won't matter if they sign anything regard the said OP. Bombs will drop.

If the U.N find out the Rebels, did infact use the chemical weapons and not the Syrians then we already have troops in place, we will bomb the Rebels and Ultimate there will be Syrian casualites thus Syria enters the Fray and sets the wheels in motion...

Actually, thinking about this further.... I dont see a way for this Syria debacle to NOT happen....

What say you guys?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I hate to put a damper on this but remember when Gaddafi gave up his chemical weapons thinking it would protect him from a US attack?

news.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join