It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cow tipping could be a hoax?!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
For anyone who has not heard of this there have always been stories floating about of people who 'claim' to have seen or done cow tipping. This is the idea that cows sleep standing up and if you are quiet and get them at the right time you can 'tip' / push them over so they lay there with their feet sticking up in the air.

Well according to a scientific study it might turn out that all the people who have claimed to ato have done or seen this might be lying after all. The study claims that not only is it just not possible for a single person to generate enough force to tip a cow but after extensive searching on youtube they have not been able to find any videos of a person tipping a cow.

Fox News

So ATS the big question of the day is : Cow Tipping, real or fake?

edit on 9-9-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Ha...it is completely fake. I got duped a long time ago as a kid and then passed the tradition on to others as I grew up. You can't tip a cow over. Now I can tell you what was fun was getting the new guy in the group to be the one at the end of the chain holding hands and the first person would grab the electric fence. That always got their attention.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It is fake.
Cows do not sleep standing up.

Those that claim to have done it are lying.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Think of it more like a "code phrase" for teenage boys that got loose.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Dude, you weren't suppose to tell anyone.

Thats part of the fun, its not possible. But its funny as hell to watch a drunk friend try with all his might to push one of them burly bastards over.

Where Im from we have a thing called Snype hunting too.
Thats always fun.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad

Thats part of the fun, its not possible. But its funny as hell to watch a drunk friend try with all his might to push one of them burly bastards over.

Thats always fun.

oops sry.

TBH i had never even considered it might not be real until now.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chickensalad

Thats always fun.

Ah yes...the classic snype hunt. I have pulled that one on plenty in my day.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Proof...that is doesn't work, lol.

32 Belly Option on 2

link   
It goes with snipe hunting.. It's all real and legit!

Edit - snipe hunting involves a late night a pillow cover and a field. The boys in southern GA are running snipe hunt the end of the month. If you are in Quitman in that time frame...coe on by.
edit on 9-9-2013 by ChuckNasty because: edit as above.

link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

never heard of that one.

Whats the scenario?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder how much of my tax dollars went to fund this scientific research?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I tipped a really fat waitress once.

So yes, cow tipping is real.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

never heard of that one.

Whats the scenario?

Wikipedia:Snipe Hunt

The origin of the term is a practical joke where inexperienced campers are told about a bird or animal called the snipe as well as a usually preposterous method of catching it, such as running around the woods carrying a bag or making strange noises such as banging rocks together.[1] Real snipe (a family of shorebirds) are difficult to catch for experienced hunters, so much so that the word "sniper" is derived from it to refer to anyone skilled enough to shoot one.[3]

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

fake, me and my buddies tried it and spooked the the heard and then ran away in fear of being trampled, luckily no one got hurt that night,

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

never heard of that one.

Whats the scenario?

Wikipedia:Snipe Hunt

The origin of the term is a practical joke where inexperienced campers are told about a bird or animal called the snipe as well as a usually preposterous method of catching it, such as running around the woods carrying a bag or making strange noises such as banging rocks together.[1] Real snipe (a family of shorebirds) are difficult to catch for experienced hunters, so much so that the word "sniper" is derived from it to refer to anyone skilled enough to shoot one.[3]

I think i have heard of that.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Gong cow tipping= drinking beer in a pasture somewhere.

Now snipe hunting is for real. My friends are taking me next week. They say I get to hold the bag.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I suppose I'll just consider myself fortunate to have never gone along when someone suggested this idea. lol...

BTW.. for all the jokes about Snipe hunts? I was rather shocked to find upon moving to Missouri, there is a real State sanctioned Snipe season here. Apparently, it's a very real critter people actually do hunt? Oh well... One joke that has actual truth in it.

MODOC - Snipe Hunting Regulations and Season Info

Ya can't say ATS never has new info pop up.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I suppose I'll just consider myself fortunate to have never gone along when someone suggested this idea. lol...

BTW.. for all the jokes about Snipe hunts? I was rather shocked to find upon moving to Missouri, there is a real State sanctioned Snipe season here. Apparently, it's a very real critter people actually do hunt? Oh well... One joke that has actual truth in it.

MODOC - Snipe Hunting Regulations and Season Info

Ya can't say ATS never has new info pop up.

Yes, as I linked above, that is the point of the joke in a 'snipe hunt'. Snipe are difficult quarry when hunted with a shotgun... so to put a crew of people out at night holding burlap bags and they are expecting a gamebird to run into the bag... well that is funny.

I had an argument with a person in a bar once about the existence of snipe. They could not believe that the bird actually existed until I provided proof (a book 'Gamebirds of North America').

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The snipe hunt thing was a joke. A smashed, erased, blocked out joke, but a joke none the less. You people with your "facts" have no place here. Just as I was told the other day, "this is a conspiracy board, if you want facts, go to science.org or something"

Anyway, you are always welcome to go snipe hunting with me. I will let you hold the bag an everything.

damn rabbits.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
With news of war on the horizon your thread made me smile.

I live in cattle country, open range here.

I vote no on the cow tipping. A neighbor boy hit a bull with his toyota PU. He ended up in a ditch/totaled his PU. A toyota is no match for a bull but the kid was going fast/hit him hard. He said the bull shook his head/walked off. So unless you're bigger than a toyota PU I say no way.

There was an incident involving a cow on the interstate. The people were doing 75mph, killed the cow, the people survived but were covered in hair/guts, gross. It would take a great force to knock over a cow.

I've come home late at night/seen cattle bedded down. Especially in winter the herd will lay on the ground, packed together tight to conserve heat. During spring snows the calves will be right in the middle where it's warmest. I'd dare anyone to make a move towards the herd. Even at night they're alert on guard.

I wouldn't advise messing with cattle. Open range can make some mean/wild. They might respect/fear dogs but people, not so much. That's why I have a hard time believing satanists/military etc. are out at night performing cattle mutilations. Those victims would have to be sick, weak or drugged and good luck doing that in the dark without experienced ranch hands or a squeeze chute.

Maybe tranquilizer darts but in the dark that wouldn't be easy and once the cattle's down the herd will rally around them, you wouldn't stand a chance without a gun.

Cattle are mean, nasty, stubborn creatures. They charge ranchers that feed/care for them their whole lives, at the very least they'll pi$$/sh#% all over you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join