It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name Is Ben Swann and I left Fox 19 to Bring Truth To Media, Ask Me Anything

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Everyone has asked the questions that I have had about our media for some time. I just wanted to say thank you. It is heartening to see people step away from the machine to share more truth with the people who seek it.

A quick side note, I homeschool my boys, it makes me feel good to see that an intelligent free thinker such as yourself was educated at home. You give me hope. Thanks again for your time!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I believe that our content will be well sourced, as it always has been, but the pressure to control subject matter from managers and bosses will not be there. That alone is a huge blessing.

As far as separating facts from propaganda.. that is handled through HOW we source our information. Plus, when finding the truth is your only agenda, that opens the doors to a much wider variety of sources.

In the past I have covered stories where we did not have the whole picture. in those cases we simply go back and explain how we were wrong and correct the information. that is an issue of transparency.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I have never been threatened. As for politicians, I believe that many go to Washington with good intentions and are first deflated by how little they feel like they can accomplish. Then, it becomes a "if you can't beat them, join them" mentality. I hope that is changing.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenSwann
reply to post by burntheships

The most important answer is to expose and change the two party hold on Presidential debates and elections. If we could break even just the debate hold and allow the American public to hear alternative positions and ideas, we could re-engage much of the electorate.

Yes, that is the key. I think you hit the nail on the head right here, but then I have come to expect that from you. I would love to see a report on bitcoin and how it is being used in politics (see link). Do you accept bitcoin donations?

p.s. Follow the link in my signature and you have a good story to report on.

link   
You are one of the real heros we have... thanks

link   
reply to post by BenSwann

Welcome Mr. Swann! I agree with you completely about the stranglehold of the two party system. To me it's more of a one-party, split faction system and as a libertarian, it's difficult for me to back any of the candidates....there needs to be more of a voice for the people who don't prescribe to the two current factions. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Great to have you here Mr. Swann!

Just wanted to let you know that when I sent a link to your article (just a link with no content) to a friend on RCN.COM it was returned as spam! I have since confirmed that they have no spam filter activated.

Have you been hearing about this from other people and, if so, what companies are complying with this underhanded and insidious form of censorship?

EXCLUSIVE: NSA USING COPYRIGHT CLAIMS TO CRUSH FREE SPEECH?

edit on 9-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hi Ben, big fan here. You did some incredible work for the causes of freedom and liberty during the 2012 Presidential primaries.

It seemed as though Fox19 gave you the freedom to report on stories of your own choosing. Since you had a "mainstream media" platform (even though it was a local affiliate), why did you decide to leave and are you happy with your decision?

edit on 9-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenSwann
reply to post by flipflop

The thing that will make us different from many other alternative media outlets is our ability to convey information in a way that most closely resembles mainstream content but digs into issues the mainstream will not touch. Our goal is to be the bridge for viewers from mainstream to alternative media.

Thank you for that Mr Swann, I continue to looking forward to your future news covers...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

9/11 is a subject that you are not allowed to question. The unspoken rule in journalism is that anyone who questions the official narrative is a "truther".

BTW tomorrow at 12:00 PM EDT on benswann.com... we will release a special report on "Rethink 9/11". I believe that journalists have an obligation to question these kinds of stories.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

I do believe they are in competition and I think that to even the casual observer it should be obvious which side is winning. In our current state of perpetual war and lack of privacy, the real losers are the American people.

BTW, Speaking of a lack of privacy, check out this piece we have put together on the Federal Data Hub.

benswann.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Just a postscript Mr. Swann. I think it's good that you accept Bitcoin. It helps show the skeptics among us that you and your project are out of the mainstream and that you are the real deal.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I like content put out by Alex and Infowars as well as Glenn and The Blaze and the Ron Paul Channel as well. I appreciate that there is variety in this space and that is important.

I mentioned MSNBC because I believe that many of their people are strong ideologues but at FOX many are not, they are in many cases just saying what they believe they are supposed too. We can debate about which is worse.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hi Ben , thank you for you time. One short :

Michael Hastings death , accident or something else ? Your opinion.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Chickensalad

typically I have seen journalists moved away from stories during editorial meetings when they are essentially told that the story they are pitching is not legitimate. Most journalists subscribe to group think because that is most accepted in newsrooms.

Which answers your question about homeschooling. the lack of group think has helped me tremendously.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Hello
Are you related to a person called Ingo Swann ?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Thank you Mr. Swann for your valuable time!

Why do you think the government was/is stockpiling ammunition?

Thank you again,

Norma Jean

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Ben Swann,

Don't you think your own false reporting on Ron Paul winning/leading the primaries discredits you somewhat?

If people listened to you during the primaries, Ron Paul had it in the bag despite what the media was reporting and everyone was going to be shocked at the RNC.

Your misinterpretation, and outright lying, of the RNC rules was pretty shameful and was very apparent that you were just playing to a certain crowd to get views (the Ron Paul fanboy club).

Also, it was very apparent that you were a huge Ron Paul supporter, and you being obviously biased toward him kind of slaps in the face of your "truth in media" movement, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Greetings Mr. Swann

Are there any rules you follow when vetting a story source?

***SIDE NOTE***

Please don't take this as an attack against you. I'm asking so that myself and others can expand their own tool chest when researching story leads.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join