It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name Is Ben Swann and I left Fox 19 to Bring Truth To Media, Ask Me Anything

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

not dumb at all. I think that the "strategy" sessions in public aren't about strategy, they are more about grasping for any reason that will give traction with the public. Syria is about to be the most unpopular war in U.S. history. Thank alternative media for that.

The economy is in bad shape. Funny how for the past two years all we heard about was cutting spending and now nobody is talking about it but we are talking about another war that we cannot possibly afford.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I love sites like ATS because this is the future. I wrote an article on BenSwann.com about whether alternative media is preventing a war with Syria. I truly believe that the reason the public is more informed on Syria than they ever were on Iraq, Afghanistan or even Libya is because of sites like ATS

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Welcome, Ben, and thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

Why was and is the topic of alternate views of 9/11 so taboo with most mainstream journalists? Especially when there's evidence contrary to the official conspiracy theory that everyone should be discussing.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BenSwann

Greetings Ben and welcome.

Do you believe that the Military and Intelligence Industrial Complex are in direct competition with our 3 political branches and if so who do you think is winning?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What is your opinion of breitbart.com, Glenn Beck and Alex Jones. You mentioned that in your opinion MSNBC is one of the most biased or spin pro's out there (I agree) but you don't mention FOX, are you still bound by any agreements with FOX, if not how do you feel about FOX... you obviously felt constrained under their employ, if so... what can you talk about?
edit on 9-9-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The one who is winning is the one who seems losing. So that the people can't blame something which is supposedly dead.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

With the Rot being a top down problem, How can we regain control of media when the very forces of the govt wish to use media to control what info is allowed released.

The very fact this exists bodes there will NEVER be un-controlled flows of info.. Unless there is a complete overhaul of the entire govt.

ANY supposed tide change by the MSM will just be more propaganda.

It is futile to believe that the govt will EVER relinquish control of media.

This is why PSYOPS are controlling media. The Govt wishes to control what people know,

That is the BIGGER issue.

Unless you strike at the very core leaders of the corruption, it is all mental masturbation

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I just want to say that it is an honor having you here. I have followed you for a couple of years now and really appreciate the honesty and hard work and research you put into your stories. You dont find that alot.

My question is actually 2. Sorry Mods

1. How did being home schooled sway your decision to get into journalism?

2. What are the usual tactics used to pressure a journalist away from a story.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hello Mr. Swann, it's an honor to have you here! First I would like to thank you for your truly honest journalism. Our country is in desperate need of better journalism, it has almost become a joke! I would especially like to thank you for your honest reporting during the 2012 election. You were the only one who made it a point to not leave Ron Paul out of it like our sold out MSM did (Well you and, "The Judge"), so thanks again!

My question is - Have you ever been threatened or felt endangered for reporting so much truth? It must not be easy telling the real facts these days when the ones at the "top" keep trying to suppress them.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Hello Mr. Swann, welcome to ATS! We're very pleased to have you here to educate us from the insider perspective. I look forward to seeing what you share from your experiences.

My question is three fold:

1) What event or encounter broke the camel's back? What made you decide to take a more proactive approach to truth in media?

2) What truths have you discovered which you feel have the potential to make the biggest impact in societal perspective?

3) Do you feel truth in media is a realistic expectation, and to what degree? I understand you find it a worthy pursuit, but what are your expectations so far as success goes?

Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your world. It will be a profound experience for all of us, I suspect.

edit on 9-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

what do your sources and all you've learned lead you to believe about Syria and the beginning of WW3--particularly a guesstimate of the time-frame for the lighting off of the big conflagration--and what have you done to prepare?

edit on 9/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tag

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't have a question, I just wanted to thank you for being an example of a honest, principled investigative reporter.

I enjoy your site, and have been fortunate enough to be directed there before this.

It's nice to have you here to answer our communities questions. Thanks.

Cirque

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Weyyyy!!

Finally someone decent on ATS!!

Hip-hip-horayyy!!!

That is all - Thank you Ben!!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hello Ben,

Welcome to ATS and thank you for taking the time for a Q&A. Though I'll leave the questioning to the more seasoned verterans of ATS. I wanted to say great responses so far!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Weyyyy!!

Finally someone decent on ATS!!

Hip-hip-horayyy!!!

That is all - Thank you Ben!!

You say that like the last two AMA guests meant nothing at all.

edit on 9-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Attacking government really shouldn't be the goal (though I will agree that there seems to be that tendency) The real issue is restoring power to the people in a constitutional republic. That is the design of our governmental system. I and many others have no interest in tearing down the republic, but restoring it.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hello Ben. Thanks for being here.
I have a simple ques.
What sort of scientific subjects or areas, is the media not allowed to touch?
Do you still do journalism and where do you publish?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

on a national level I believe that government has a great deal of influence because it is traded for access.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Greetings Ben and thanks for being here!

When you were working for FOX News, there were undoubtedly times where you were not allowed to report the "truth" on specific topics to the extent that you would have liked to.

Can you elaborate on any situations where you felt oppressed?

Do most of the people in the business of reporting mainstream media news know that it is bereft of integrity, or are they oblivious to the egregious slant and ulterior agendas?

From your experience, how high up the chain does the lying go? And with whom does the buck stop?

You can name some names, it's OK.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I believe that is happening more and more. 5 or 6 years ago that would almost never happen but today I believe it is happening all the time. Great example is the DHS ammo stockpiling story that grew in alternative media for almost a year before MSM had to start covering it,

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join