It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name Is Ben Swann and I left Fox 19 to Bring Truth To Media, Ask Me Anything

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceAdam

I did with a couple of peers who faced a lot of criticism over the years. what was interesting to me is that there are no hard and fast rules. everything is subject to the viewer and the kind of feedback the station receives on an issue. stations are so afraid of angering viewers they avoid any controversy possible at all times. it is like living in a place of constant fear.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So are you purposely skipping questions? I guess I misunderstand the misleading title. "...ask me anything." Obviously not since you are being selective. I have asked questions, and have been passed up. Just comb through and dismiss the questions you are asked that you do not see as "appropriate" or "on topic". The point is the topic is "ask me anything". so i did. Got passed up.

I am disappointed.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Mr. Swan,

Given the governments targeting of whistleblowers, intimidation of large media, charges against reporters who don't divulge sources, and other abrogations of a "Free Press", my question is this.

Since going independent, are there any stories you have not persued due to not having the legal resources to defend yourself that you would've had at a network/affiliate.

Also,

Does Michael Hastings death pass the smell test?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by roaland

Have not read it.. but I will check it out

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SexNinja

Personally, I believe that people have the right to do whatever they choose with their own bodies but also need to take responsibility for those decisions. Government, neighbors, etc do not have the right to tell me what to put into my body or how to use it as long as it does not infringe on their freedom. At the same time, we need to expect people to assume responsibility for what happens to their bodies based on those decisions. harder and harder to sell that idea in a nanny state.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BenSwann

Dear Mr. Swann,
Is it true, that there is a provision in the new healthcare plan which allows government entities to take money out from the bank accounts of private citizens without notice or due process? I don't remember the circumstances surrounding this. However, it is suppose to directly relate to the elderly in particular. Are you aware of this new provision. If so, can you educate us about this? Thank you, for your time.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I have a strong personal faith but I don't use my personal beliefs as part of my pursuit of truth in media. Though I will admit that I pursue "truth" in every area of my life.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AlienScience

actually Nate was given credit for calling the electoral college correctly in the Presidential race. Don't remember Nate talking about Republican delegates being stripped of their credentials. I too was right when, unlike the rest of Fox reporters out there, said that Romney would lose because of the "liberty movement and the civil war in the Republican party" A movement that I was the first to recognize and today everyone is scrambling to understand.

BTW, the pants on fire claim by politifact is their opinion. A Constitutional scholar says PolitiFacts "ruling" by a blogger doesn't stand up to the facts.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

That is a tough question. It is always very difficult to quantify the success of preventing something from happening. These are difficult times. Certain issues deserve a close look. On the other hand there is quite a bit of intentional "disinformation" out there as well. It is difficult to discern without spending time looking into the story. Every minute wasted looking into disinfo is time taken from a legit story.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurius

This question has come up a number of times but actually I haven't felt threatened. In some ways that is a little more un-nerving. I would suspect that the people who threaten are less of an actual threat. the real threat is the one who doesn't warn you.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Thank you. Courtney was a pleasure to work with.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Yes, someone started this and I think its very cool. What if we had the chance to talk about truth in media during the super bowl? that was be awesome

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

There is no question that we are beholding to the Saudis and candidly, the Saudis have the power to collapse the petro dollar. Though their current relationship with the Chinese demonstrates that the Saudis will soon be able to shift away from the U.S. regardless of how we feel about it.

The Petro-dollar is probably the most important story that virtually no one in American understands.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

There is no question that we are beholding to the Saudis and candidly, the Saudis have the power to collapse the petro dollar. Though their current relationship with the Chinese demonstrates that the Saudis will soon be able to shift away from the U.S. regardless of how we feel about it.

The Petro-dollar is probably the most important story that virtually no one in American understands.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

BenSwann
reply to post by PrinceAdam

I did with a couple of peers who faced a lot of criticism over the years. what was interesting to me is that there are no hard and fast rules. everything is subject to the viewer and the kind of feedback the station receives on an issue. stations are so afraid of angering viewers they avoid any controversy possible at all times. it is like living in a place of constant fear.

I think the media is out of touch with reality, don't they know we are all ready angry?

They should know look at the viewer numbers.

According to the survey, 77% of the participants believe that reporters favor one side of the story they are reporting on.

ATS has outed the media purposely altering the truth, they definitely have an agenda.

It is obvious to me that the MSM has an agenda they push.

Have you notice that?

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

mactheaxe
So are you purposely skipping questions? I guess I misunderstand the misleading title. "...ask me anything." Obviously not since you are being selective. I have asked questions, and have been passed up. Just comb through and dismiss the questions you are asked that you do not see as "appropriate" or "on topic". The point is the topic is "ask me anything". so i did. Got passed up.

I am disappointed.

Don't feel bad. I have asked the same question twice about the CAFR issue and like every other establishment media Ben has skipped it twice. I am disappointed too. You see, he can ask questions about things there is no answer to because we are not given the information and you can have room to deny, but when it comes to Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports, the hard numbers do not lie!

It's all there in black and white already that our government from state, local and federal is hiding OUR money in the trillions, yes trillions of dollars in plain site, but since people hate accounting their eyes gloss over, but this would be the nail in the coffin in exposing the government. They couldn't get Capone on murder and being a mobster but they sure as hell did get him in tax evasion. It isn't sexy but it worked.

Ben has clearly decided this info is not needing to be exposed is appears.
edit on 11-9-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Oh, good grief.

Ben has yet to answer my question either and, you know what(?), he doesn't have to.

It's because my ego isn't so inflated for me to hold him hostage when he is obviously doing his best to answer as much as he can or is willing to, as is his right as a volunteer in the AMA's.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

There is a different in that, and being selective. I am disappointed because it is not a time thing, obviously he is answering questions, but is being selective. a simple reply would suffice.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

He can be as selective here as he wants. There's also his website to go to.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

mactheaxe

I am disappointed.

He's done a good job on the questions that have been answered, and it is great that he is donating his time. But I'm also concerned that some important questions have been skipped. However, I think we should be very careful not to come across as though we are being overly critical because he is doing us a favor and we should be grateful for his time. Yesterday he was quite busy, so it is probably only due to that. My question hasn't been answered either, but even if it is skipped I really hope Mr. Swann answers the question about the CAFR. It also occurs to me that complex questions take a lot of time to answer, and he has to spread out his time, so short concise answers helps him cover many at one sitting rather than focusing only on one or two.
edit on 11-9-2013 by dovdov because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join