It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Name Is Ben Swann and I left Fox 19 to Bring Truth To Media, Ask Me Anything

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

BenSwann
reply to post by BardingTheBard

my 'aha' moment came while covering the drug war in Mexico and then the 2012 Republican primary. Was a real awakening experience for me.

would you care to elaborate on this? i find it very interesting. or just point me to the articles on your website. thanks in advance.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BenSwann

Given that false paradigm you referred to . . . left/right etc. set-up by the oligarchy . . .

How on earth could the common man ever know . . . even seriously suspect that it were true, if so, . . . that the

Conservative media folks like . . . Rush Limbaugh et al . . . were merely ALSO two sides of the same manipulated coin. The globalist cabal controls all sides of the political spectrum . . . what's to keep them from controlling all sides . . . and ALL PERSONAGES of the media spectrum?

BTW, it's not that terrible to answer none of my questions.

A NON-answer is . . . sometimes almost as informative as an answer.

edit on 9/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: added

edit on 9/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: sstructure

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Hi Ben, so many questions...

I understand if you cant fully reply.

In the British press today, there is talk of a deal being struck on Syria, Russia (at least the article I read it was Russia??) is asking Syria to hand over their chemical weapons, in return for now military action from the U.S et al.

Do you think this is a deiberate backpedal in the face of public opinion?

Why didn't Obama just ask this in the first place?

Will this be a game changer?

Will it happen?

Something which struck me whilst reading earlier posts you respnded to...

You said 9/11 truthers were those who believe it was an inside job.

Do you think they will ever make it illegal to question the ligitamcy of 9/11 being a terrorist attack, in the wake of alternative media's rising popularity?

Sorry my post is so long, thank you for reading it, if nothing else

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Mr. Swann,

Are you aware of the CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports)? I know you like Ron Paul, and he has repeatedly asked for an audit of the Fed and yet it's audited EVERY YEAR via the CAFR and the media has blacked out this story. It is career suicide to even mention the CAFR, and I mean that in every case a reporter has done a story on CAFR they get fired!

If you are not familiar with this story, please visit and READ THIS. Would you be willing to do a story on this and if not why not?

I have tried locally to talk about this and was literally told the reporter was too afraid to touch it!

Thank you for responding.

This short video gives a rundown, but the other link has the massive detailed information and I will also post the very detailed last video on that page.

This video is extremely long but very very detailed. Please check it out.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Thanks for being here. So, it is absolutely true that truth has broken down in our culture. But was this intentional? What about the future of the Homeland Security Agency?

It has its roots in Nazi Germany with the name Homeland. Was it intentionally created to enforce a society that has no access to truth? Are we going to see a shift in policy towards arresting those who are critical thinkers? This is a legitimate concern I have.

Not only have I been analyzing our society, but I can see from a psychological and historical perspective what may, in fact, be happening. I have been researching a tie-in between the actual Nazis and our current political situation in the U.S., including a recent trip which did not bring up any concrete evidence, but certainly brought forth some circumstantial evidence of a connection. The fact that I was not looking for anything of the sort at all is what worries me.

-Thanks.
-darkbake
edit on 9-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Mr. Swann,

Over the past couple years I have been following supposed developments that are said to have been put in place years ago to overthrow the global cabal from power. Amongst these movements fall certain groups and individuals (some related, some not related) that are said to be working towards the goal of liberating the planet from the clutches of the Anglo-American tyrants of finance, and the war machine. They include "The White Dragon Society," "Oathkeepers," the "White Hats," "The One People's Public Trust," etc...espoused by individuals such as Benjamin Fulford, Neil Keenan, Heather Ann Tucci-Jarraf, Karen Hudes, David Wilcock, etc. Some of these individuals have spoken of "prosperity packages" and the release of free energy to the entire globe that will "end world hunger," "erase all debt," "turn the deserts green," and more. Are you familiar with any of this, and if you are I am curious what your opinion is on it. Thank you so much for your time Ben, you're a journalistic breath of fresh air, and we are all very grateful for your brave and sincere efforts.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Hello Ben, enjoyed you on CH 19 and wish you continued success in your endeavors. My question concerns the death of Will Rogers and Huey Long in 1935. Has there ever been any investigation into the possibility that FDR had any responsibility in Will Roger's and Huey Long's death? Both were considered threats to FDR's re-election. I have always considered the deaths of these two men in the same year to be more than coincidence.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Hey Ben, welcome! Sounds like a fantastic project!

QUESTION:
If you had to pick ONE topic, one truth, that you think the American people HAVE to know about, what would it be?

Thank you for your time!

--Greg

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Ben, I once commented that I wish you would post on ATS... You made my day

I would like to know, where do we go from here? I really don't know. I am educated in the American education system and one of the many things they don't teach us is how to influence politics. They tell us how we can vote, sure, but they never teach how to change politics and we all know by now voting is rigged.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Ben we also have strong ideas about corruption in government, where does it start?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hi Ben,

It's wonderful that you are on this site and participating. I support you and I appreciate your innovative and original approach. I look to you when it comes to CREDIBLE news. It is hard to find somebody who just gives the news how it is. They follow narrative, not situations.

My question is what is your opinion on these fringe issues? Ie, the rumors of Ison, Niburu, what do you think about the possibility of Extraterrestrial/interdimensional beings. Do you think something is coming? planet, asteroid, ship? I don't normally have the oppurtunity to ask someone who has a nose for the facts and are real about it such as you. I mean, we ARE on ATS so I wanted to open up that can of worms.

Secondly, I would like to take this oppurtunity to ask you about Fukushima. Do you keep up with this? Are you or have you written a news story on it yet? It is quickly becoming a prime candidate for the "China Syndrome" and is a possible ELE.

Keep up the good work and much appreciation.

Jason

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Welcome to the ATS family!,

I have no questions for you right now. I'm just glad you're finally here.
Besides, it seems you already have your plate full from everyone's inquiries.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It wouldn't be difficult to think of a hundred questions. But you're obviously very popular here, and the number and nature of the questions must be exhausting.

So I'll just say thank you so much for what you're doing. Truth in Media is a breath of invigorating fresh air....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't know if you've been looking for ways to save money on video production. If you have I have something you should look at, and it's open source (so it's free!) and very professional. It does require you to have Linux installed on a PC if you have an extra one laying around. I recommend Linux Mint for stability and ease of use or Suse is rock-solid and very secure as well.

The name of the software is Cinerella 4.4, and the homepage is here:

Cinerella 4.4 linux webpage

EDIT: Actually Cinerella 4.4 is not supported at all by the developer, but there are other programs that are very popular.

I would search for Open Source Video production software, it might just save a whole lot of money for you.

Specifically I found out about Ubuntu Studio doing a little searching, and here is the link to their weppage: Ubuntu Studio Features Page

edit on 9/9/2013 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Ubuntu Studio is a full operating system. Don't worry about installing Linux Mint or any other distribution, as far as I can tell that's whee you would want to start. I hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Yup, you sound like a journalist. Why listen to all the arguments when you already know the truth?
reply to post by greencmp

That's not what I said. There's a tendency for folks to gravitate to echo chamber, self perpetuating news that doesn't inform or give a balanced picture.

My comment was about a trend, in these highly charged partisan times, to offer opposing views that lack any confirmed facts, just someone spouting off with no verifiability... giving the illusion of context and balance, but ultimately is just empty noise.

If someone is shouting a loud opinion based on nothing but their own personal view, it's not news, it's editorial. The problem is many news stations (of both "sides" but I personally believe there is only one side, really... another editorial view) cover a story with quoted, multiple sources and then have some guy spouting his take with no back up and it gives the impression that both sides are equally legit, when they are not. Stations do this to appear fair, but it does a great disservice to an informed populace... in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

That sure is proving your point. They certainly seem like they're all reading from the same script. It sure does show it's beyond coincidental. Thanks for posting those videos!
edit on 9-9-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ben,

Have you ever been threatened by corporate and/or government entities in anyway for your work?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
B-Swann! Thank you, Brother! First AMA I've flagged.

My background includes affiliate news in a major market. Not on camera mind you, but just about everything else from news editor to floor director to shooter (photog.)

I've personally seen great stories killed for absurd reasons that suggested Operation Mockingbird-type purposes.

My Question: Have you considered starting your own forum? I realize the complexities of that as regards being taken seriously. At the same time, however; Where else can unfettered freedom of speech be accomplished? Betcha it would get MEGA hits. Jus' sayin'.

Keep it focused on current and historically pertinent political events as opposed to UFO issues and such maybe? I'll certainly contribute.

Keep on keepin' on...you are loved and appreciated.

edit on 9-9-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Ben, keep doing what you're doing. You're a breath of fresh air!

Is there a silent code of conduct for journalist when our government doesn't want you to report something they can't explain, or when they expect you to slant the news supporting the government stance on an issue?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join