It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria : released Belgian hostage : "It wasn't the government of Bashar al-Assad that used sarin ga

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A Belgian teacher and writer who was held hostage by the 'rebels' for months, along with an Italian journalist, says that they overheard a conversation and that he is sure that the so called rebels are the ones who have made the chemical attack.

"It wasn't the government of Bashar al-Assad that used sarin gas or any other gas in Ghouta," Piccinin told Belgian RTL radio after he was released. "We are sure about this because we overheard a conversation between rebels. It pains me to say it because I've been a fierce supporter of the Free Syrian Army in its rightful fight for democracy since 2012," Piccinin added.

source
source

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

Why was he a hostage if he supporta them? Just curious, I think its obvious itwas the rebels.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

it doesn't matter what evidence, or what anyone says. syria's government and assad are on the list for removal.
come hell or high water, it will be done.

edit on 9-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You can say that again! The headline I saw on Drudge a short time ago was "Kerry gives Assad 1 week". Okay Dokey, I'm thinking.... So what the hell is the point of even HAVING a vote tomorrow? The King and his Court have already decided and Congress is just a debating society, apparently.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Please remove double post
edit on 9-9-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Even though i believe Assad did not commit this crime i find it hard to believe out of the places they where held, they happened to be at a place where the ones responsible where.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

that's the impression i get too. i think that the rebels set it off and are being directed by certain powers.
just like afghanastan, iraq, and egypt once the resources are secured the money under the control of the west countries. they will be left to their on own.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Assad or the 'rebels' ... it doesn't matter ... we still shouldn't just jump into bombing Syria.
Obama skipped all the middle stuff .. the diplomatic stuff ... the sanctions ... the UN pressure ....
the negotiations with Assads supporters (Russia) to have them help defuse the situation.

Mr. Nobel Peace Prize jumped right to 'bomb them'.

Bomb them ... have no plan ... have no exit strategy ... pretend no Americans can get hurt flying their bombers over a hostile country .... have no idea what happens next ....

Gawd he's a freak'n moron. :shk:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You can say that again! The headline I saw on Drudge a short time ago was "Kerry gives Assad 1 week". Okay Dokey, I'm thinking..

Didn't they also give Saddam a week give up his WMD's, that he never had.

And the most Ironic thing, is, Kerry was chairman of foreign relations, when Saddam was using Sarin Gas on the Kurds, that America sold him, and Kerry was privy to this (at the time) classified information, even before Rumsfeld and gang had best buddy talks with Saddam.

Now all of a sudden Kerry outraged by the use of gas.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
So someone thinks it is possible that the "rebels" or "terrorists" or "freedom fighters" or "the brotherhood for the democratic values of the west" or what ever they are called today used gas and then blamed it on Assad? Wait, hold the phone, this is most assuredly NOT possible, this does not happen. What governments say is what happened, and that's that. Isn't it?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski

You can say that again! The headline I saw on Drudge a short time ago was "Kerry gives Assad 1 week". Okay Dokey, I'm thinking..

And the most Ironic thing, is, Kerry was chairman of foreign relations, when Saddam was using Sarin Gas on the Kurds, that America sold him, and Kerry was privy to this (at the time) classified information, even before Rumsfeld and gang had best buddy talks with Saddam.

Well, I'll be damned. (not literally I hope). I saw a great deal last year about the Kurdish massacre at Saddam's hands. Thanks to an instructor here who knows one of the men who led the investigation of that incident, I saw more of it than I honestly ever really wanted to for memories I can do without.

So, your words hit harder than most for a detail I hadn't been aware of. (grrrrrr) I had no idea that weasel was in the middle of the LAST chemical massacre, too! Well, perhaps Scary Kerry decided it wasn't TOO bad a thing to do in Syria, given he watched it done personally before.

TERM Limits. We *NEED* to get the architects of the WORST failures of our past out of the CURRENT Offices where they are simply doing the same things ..over and over. Both parties, and all sides. We have some currently in Congress who literally cast votes DURING the Vietnam War! (Well, before Saigon fell, anyway).

Thanks for the info. I had no idea what Kerry was up to during that event. Now? I almost wish I hadn't known...but only 'almost'. It just leaves me feeling empty for any hope, of anything but death coming from State.

So much for State Department being about peace and diplomacy. It may as well merge with defense and save money for all the difference there is now. Defense is making talk about cutting forces..and KERRY is out making outright threats with Military force.

Our nation has gone flippin' insane.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome, and it certainly put's a whole new twist on the hard sell Kerry is giving on his whirlwind tour round the globe.

And, i think the Obama administration brought Kerry in, when they did, for the sole purpose of selling this Syrian intervention.

And don't forget, that military slip up to a journalist about, Operation Creek, concerning Syria, and was and has, been buried.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Wait a minute!
Operation Creek in regard to Syria?
How about at least a link or the gist of it?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by gosseyn

it doesn't matter what evidence, or what anyone says. syria's government and assad are on the list for removal.
come hell or high water, it will be done.

edit on 9-9-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

i'm still holding onto my original feeling on it and that is no strike from anyone and no new war.

top topics

join