It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's still hope; Infographic showing where US legislators lean on Syria war.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It seems the majority in the house are leaning AGAINST an attack against Syria and there are enough undecideds in the Senate to give us hope that maybe this insanity may be averted.

Where Congress stands on Syria

Lawmakers appear to be tentatively dividing into four camps over military action in Syria. Each square represents a lawmaker who has indicated how he or she might vote, and the sentiment of the quote is mapped across the four categories. Among the lawmakers mapped below are members of leadership and several "people to watch," a category comprising influential or opinionated individuals, committee chairmen and 2016 presidential hopefuls.

Washington Post

This means that all that letter writing and phone calls haven't been in vein. Maybe there still is hope in pulling the plug on this insane war, at least without Congressional approval.

If Obama loses the fight in Congress and bombs them anyway, all the consequences will be on his head. Even the race card won't save him if things go badly.

Lets hope it doesn't come to that and Congress votes this down forcing the president to finally give in to reason.

edit on 9/9/13 by FortAnthem because: Forgot to include link.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Lets hope it doesn't come to that and Congress votes this down forcing the president to finally give in to reason.

I think it is going to happen like it or not.

Remember back in 2003? Saddam did everything the U.S. demanded and he still was invaded, deposed and hanged.

Now its Syrias turn, they are assuming it will be as it has been in the recent past and they can bomb Syria, and a few months later the general population will forget about it just like Libya.

Whether or not Congress approves it is a trivial thing to these people.

The illegal we do immediately, the unconstitutional takes a little longer
-Henry Kissinger

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I really wish more of them would vote yes. You KNOW they want to. They are all but chomping at the bit, for some of them. It's so obvious, it radiates from them over the screen.

I don't know about anyone else...but this is an acid test for me. Those who vote for this will be ones I vote against and/or put my sincere efforts into seeing defeated next election...and next...and next...and next. This isn't a ONE election issue in my mind. They're voting for the premeditated murder or countless people on something SO urgent? We're doing it at our "pleasure" as time and scheduling allows.

Murder by blackberry appointment book...and on a national scale.

Oh, hell.. I don't want a single one of them who isn't SINCERELY against this, to vote No. Let those who want blood, make themselves known right now ...so we may know who the enemies among us are going forward. This vote separates Americans from killers. Outright.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

As much as I'd like to see the scumbags out themselves, I think we have here an historic opportunity to do something that has never been done in the annals of American history; vote down a stupid war.

If we could do that, it would truly be a first for our nation and may just be a turning point that could bring the power back to the people, instead of the lobbyists and the insiders.

If we can win this one vote, it may be the first time in American history that CONgress listens to the will of the American people on such an important matter.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

(sigh) You shame me..and bring me up short with your words.

Yes.. You are right and in the end, I have to admit (thanks to a second thought here), I'm being political about this more than American, in terms of what matters most for our nation going forward.

Of course, if they can loudly and without enough division to ruin the message, reject this? Of course...that is the better thing to see happen. (Sincerely...You did make me stop and realize..there are higher priorities than just chalking opponents to the board for strong opposition, next election) ... ugh... Kinda becoming what I hate there, huh?

Damn wars... Damn Politicians AND terrorists. Damn them all for what they've turned our nation and world into!

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Sounds hopeful . . .

however,

it is increasingly appearing to me that this is all . . .

a hall of mirrors within a hall of mirrors within a hall of mirrors within Alice's rabbit hole.

Today it sounds like Russia has been assigned the role of negotiating a diplomatic resolution.

All that means to me is that they are delaying the start of WW3 to a later point . . . perhaps as they've planned all along.

Not sure why . . .

UNLESS . . . it's to stage repeated escalations of this sort

IN ORDER TO FERRET OUT all the patriots they can from their upper and middle ranks and from the upper and middle ranks of the military . . . in order to remove them, exterminate them, whatever they care to do with them.

Any other guesses?

new topics

top topics

join