It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the opposite of fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
the opposite of fear is faith.
if you have faith, you have NOTHING to fear.

the 'moral right'(HAHA!, that kills me. literally, soon, i'm sure), is the biggest proprietor of doom, death and destruction.
why?
if 'the end times' won't come to us, we'll go to them.
a self-fulfilling prophecy or a real prophecy?
irrelevent.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I agree with your point. But, the opposite of being afraid is being at peace. The opposite of faith is doubt. If you have faith you believe if you don't you are in doubt. Just symantics and like I said I agree with your point on faith and fear.

doctorduh

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
good point.
i should have said the opposite of LIVING in FEAR, is LIVING in FAITH.
the whole reason we can walk to the corner store without a gasmask and kevlar, is the TRUST we have in the civilised nature of the common man. of course, this is true throughout the world.
i guess the point i'm trying to make, is that if we have FAITH, be it in divine will, or human nature, ....then the whole 'spy on your neighbor', 'cavity searches for everyone', 'GPS microchips for the children', and unbridled, secret police powers, will go the way of the dinosaur.
my point is, have FAITH in your fellow man. the alternative, living in fear, results in people building cages around themselves for 'security'. i would personally rather live openly in a dangerous place, carrying only faith for protection, than live in a self imposed prison.
these are the choices we as a whole are wrestling with. there is no voice for faith in human nature out there. i thought i'd make a little squeek, at least.
faith is THE weapon of choice against terrorism.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by billybob]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Faith v Fear

Good v Evil...

Is the fear-monger Bush really the antichrist?

Do you think god exists?

I am a spritiual person. I do not abide by any specific religious sect or mandate but I do belive in God. I choose to live my life the best way possibile in western society. I clear my head of negative thoughts and predjudices whenever they enter my head. I dont consider myself greedy, never lie unless i have unselfish grounds for it. I help others without them asking me for. I give what I can without expecting anything in return.

I'm 18, I've tried to live by these few moral 'rights' for a while now, and have sucseeded most of the time. I do not live in fear. I have accepted the fact that I will not live to grow old or raise a family, which is a sad thought. i live my life the best i can so I can be judged on the merits of it when i pass into the afterlife, whatever that may be. Be concious of your actions and think objectivley.

What I'm getting at is that I dont live in fear. Fear has been a weapon that has been utilised very sucsessfully in recent years, although it's been on the board for years. The evil powers that be knew they could just start a campaign of fear out of the blue. More and more fear has been etched into westerners minds since WW2 and every day it grows exponentially worse.

Do you think its conincidence that with all this fear in the western world, we see less and less people being spiritual/religious? I dont. Most of the non western world dosent live in fear. They live in the shadow of the west's consumer culture: suffering. How do they get by? Faith. Atleast 4 billion people in the world are religious. We in the west are not, we are fearful.

Talking of the 'end of days', I do not believe in the bible code. Thats just chance. My belifs lie in things such as the egyptian Giza Pyramid propecies and the Mayan predictions. If you havent checked out
exodus2006.com...
i suggest you do, have a little look at the table about half way down the page.

It is now that we dont have faith we are seing the most evil in the world. If there is evil without faith, and peace with faith, I belive there is a god.

If you have a different oppinion, please do voice it. What do we have in this life but our oppinions? Peace.

[edit on 13-11-2004 by Ishes]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
you are very wise for an 18 yr. old.

when i was young, we lived under the constant 'threat' of nuclear annhilation. the 'cold war' was in fact a psychological operation designed to mentally program us for the 'apocalypse' a slow numbing down of our sense of security and more importantly, self-determination.
all these wars, and rumours of wars are by design. you need only check the pocketbooks of the major industrial players before and after a conflict to see who knew it was going to happen. you only need research the players and goals of MKultra, et al, to see the flower of totalitarianism unfolding into the present.

i believe in a creator, yes. i don't believe in any religion, though. or i believe all of them, depending on which way you look at it.

read len horowitz's 'healing codes for the biological apocalypse' for some DEFINITE bible codes. very cool stuff. also, go to www.greatdreams.com and find, 'the numbers of god' page. carl munck's 'the code' is amazing stuff, too. check out 'cymatics' for further insight.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thank you for the information.

- Peace

top topics

join