It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Very Profound Truth - And A Very Good Book (About NDEs and the Afterlife)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I had read several good books on the topic of spirituality, the afterlife, NDEs etc. in the past. Amongst them the very recommended ones by Michael Newton and Chris Carter.

Like others, I also read a few classics, like the SETH books.

I just finished Anita Moorjani's "Dying To Be Me" book which I enjoyed greatly. It is a book about a woman who suffered from cancer and who was dying. When she fell into a coma, after her body finally shut down, she had an amazing NDE and was cured from her cancer literally instantly.

This book I enjoyed greatly because, unlike the SETH books and other books it is really simple and easy to read but NEVERTHELESS contains extremely profound truths in much less words. Some single sentences she says made me read them over and over because the truths are just so profound.

Here is an example:

"I started to question what things we all presumed to be true but were, in fact, just socially determined beliefs."

Like EVERYONE, Anita was raised in a certain culture and society where certain beliefs EXIST and which people simply accept as "the truth" and "the way it has to be". But are those beliefs really "the truth"...or are they just confirming to social norms and "what everyone else believes"? THINK ABOUT IT.

People get raised in a culture where a woman "has to have" a certain position in society, eg. Indian culture where it is expected that a women is always obedient to their man etc.

People get raised *belonging* to a religion, like Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, whatever...and then presume their belief is "the truth"... without ever having questioning it. This is HERD MENTALITY which is only proof for the stupidity of mankind everywhere on this planet!

Think about whether what YOU think as being true (religion) is really nothing more than confirming to your current social norms...things you get *taught* via 3rd hand...or whether the things you believe are really coming from your heart.

The problem is that in our society, truths are not *experienced* anymore, unless in such extreme cases like where someone has an NDE or other spiritual experience which is required to make one see a truth.

We do not *experience* anymore like old cultures and native tribes, but we get handed a belief or religion via other persons. We get our beliefs handed by parents, teachers, priests etc. and then *accept* them and then ourselves start to preach the "truth", NOT based on own experience but because we now BELONG and because someone taught us. We *belong* to a faith automatically because we are born in a location where a particular religion predominates. What absurdity!!

In the same way we adapt social rules NOT because we may agree with them, but because "it's the rules" and doing otherwise would be looked upon badly, even if those social rules and norms do not make any sense WHATSOEVER, even if they go against your own, deep beliefs.

I think it's extremely important to realize what you think (be it religion but also politics etc.) is really what YOU believe or just (as in her case before she had the NDE) "socially determined belief"..which most of the time only LIMITS and restraints you in finding your own, "real" truth. And this is one major problem on this planet, IMO.

edit on 9-9-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks for sharing
. I'll have to read this one!

You may also want to read "the Afterlife of Billy Fingers", by Annie Kagan. About a doctor who lost her brother in a horrible accident and starts to communicate with her about the afterlife. The book is not very long and very easy to read.

S&F

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Anitia Moorjani on her Spiritual Realizations

Thank you, her experience was wonderful.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
its interesting how she mentions debunkers and how they befriend and then work one on one trying to find flaws and discredit one person, but can't deal with the whole numbers this occurs with.

One thing that came to mind, aside from being aware of procedures that were taking place, conversations down the hallway, or in other cases, activities in other rooms, and even objects, such as a shoe, on the roof, those born blind seeing, and describing accurately what was around them. But aside from this, the proof is that she was healed of cancer, and my son who had an nde, was restored to health instantly when he awoke as well. That is the proof, for your brain chemicals, do not facilitate these miracles.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thank you for your post and recommendation.
I enjoyed it and will have to look this book up.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
This is the healing, the self esteem, that is needed in this world, one by one. We can't change the whole world, or another's attitude even, but if we're true to ourselves, if we learn to let everything that is causing tensions, sadness, our judgements and programming go, and give ourselves permission to be ourselves, to love ourselves and others, to treat ourselves and others well, to connect within and know we're not alone here, we're part of a wonderful Family/Tapestry/Whole, then we can begin to heal and shine our own unique light and be stepping stones to one another, and facilitate the changes we came to do. I love her message, its positive self esteem, self worth and empowerment, but gentle and thoughtful, allowing everyone to be who they are in their own states, and feel for each other, instead of judgement, having understanding, that everyone is operating out of fear and pain, not wholeness. For everyone who seeks wholeness and healing, and to be in the moment of where their talents may lead, they can bring this frequency of wholeness into the world.

I feel we are shown different things in moments of NDE's based on what will bring us along our way to healing and positivity, based on what we need to be shown That she was shown her infinite self, and the magnificence we all are, really touched me because so many of us, rather than ego, operate from feeling wounded in our cores, feeling less than others, and poor self esteem. This was such a lovely message. Form itself is not something to me, that vanishes. I think we come from Spirit and take on form, lifetimes, not losing these things, but more than their constrictions or limits. In otherwords, within our consciousness we can create our own worlds, and places to be with family, to touch, have and hold, as if in the physical, more real than the physical. However, there is a part of me that always sees the limitations in "what dreams may be' for example. Like I'm waiting for something more, to return to or reach, this more fulfilling state of being, that nonetheless facilitates the growth of Spirit of Life. Its hard to explain because its something our human understanding is not able to reach, its more than astral universities, more than planets, and cultures, and healing gardens, more than any physical dream we may have, and yet far more fulfilling, while at the same time, the other is a part of the whole we can be, it can be tangible and real, we can have and hold our loved ones as well.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Brilliant! Thanks for the heads-up....
I've been needing a new place to look for more info.

SO MANY people are just, "you're kidding, you New Age Hippie kook"....

refusing to acknowledge that these things DO HAPPEN!

Did you hear about the "dead" guy who woke up on the morgue autopsy table due to the pain of his face being slashed open? (Venezuela)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

OP, do you have a link for her book?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Here you go

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1378730149&sr=1-1&keywords=dying+to+be+me

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Was watching this off and on today. And its really wonderful.

Life lessons from being healed miraculously of a Cancer 4B - Anita Moorjani's NDE, Hong Kong

From my notes/transcript roughly 2/3rds in over half way for sure, more towards end.:

---I used to have to believe you had to pursue things...my life was like a race....I don't see time in the same way, I don't feel we're in a race against time anymore because everything is possible, everything exists simultaneously.

And if we can be still, we can actually fall into a completely different reality...The universe, there are things happening in the background and we don't know what's going on. Time is not linear, its all happening, and you can graspe a completley different point of time if your state is in a more relaxed state, instead of a more controlled state. Whenever we have fear, we're in that controlled state...

If we can relax, and diffuse our focus, its like all the possibilities, everything in the warehouse, suddenly comes into our reach. And it just depends which one we allow into our lives.

---We're creators, yes. Because when we are in the state of fear, our thought is locked onto something negative, and that is what is creating the fear. And so our thought, once its locked onto something, we are then, more likely to move towards that, because we are locked into that.

Its always better to relax, not to beleive, if we can just step back. And the way to snap out of fear...distract yourself and find something to do that puts you into a state of joy. Find something that just changes your state completely. Music, art, going out in nature, do something completely different, or meditation. Get out of that state of fear.

And when you're in what I call a diffused state, get back into a state where all the possibilities lay there in front of you.not locked into any one. And you're open. I feel like I'm in a state of ambiguity, don't know what is going to happen next. Open. When you're open and you can find a state of joy, follow your bliss. Follow your joy. That's when you find that the amazing possibilies start coming to you.
edit on 9-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Esther Rantzen TV programme on NDEs - three parts:

Here is a "new" good one to add to the list. It discuss the hellish and distressing NDE's quite a bit in this one, along with the benevolent ones:

Arouet

new topics

top topics

join