It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry says Assad could prevent attack by turning over all chems within next week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
twitter.com...

sorry for the crappy link..
kinda screwed up though, all chemical weapons in a week?
I don't think I could purge my house of used rubbers, half empty beer cans, and random panties in a week.
That sh# could be misinterpreted for wmd but..
one week?
lol

edit on 9-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Good idea maybe usa could do the same.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Ahhhh....so he can destroy the evidence of where it came from in the first place perhaps???

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
From what I've read elsewhere from people who watched him speak on the TV, this is not what was said at all - it was, on his part, a rather sarcastic response to a question he was asked about what, if anything, Syria could do to avoid a strike. It is NOT some new, official position

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I just watched the press conference he did with William Hague on the news, he did say that but i think his comments and actions following it were very telling.

Im paraphrasing but he said something to the effect of "But we all know that aint going to happen" he then seemed to laugh a little after saying it.

I think his intentions would remain the same even if by some miracle Syria were able to comply.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Grrrr what more proof does the public want, I mean they used the common sense test on Assad and he was found guilty nuke the mofo....

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

And when the rebels use chemical weapons AGAIN, Kerry will just say they didn't hande over all the chemical weapond. Nothing will stop the USA.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

I'm not following, what proof you're talking about?

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Gee ... Kerry got things backwards, didn't he?? Diplomacy and 'deals' are supposed to come BEFORE the POTUS starts having a meltdown and demanding war ... not at the same time the warships are put off shore. This administration is full of idiots.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Oops I missed your sarcasm, thought you're serious.

It never cease to amaze me what comes out of their mouths which by the way are full of #.
I mean, I don't see any problem with disclosing alleged classified proof they have on chemical weapons being used by the Syrian regime.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hello!! I'm new here so I can't open new thread!!
Read this:

www.ansa.it...

This morning Piccinin and Quirico were released by Syria and they hear that the rebel used gas

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
One week? Is any government capable doing that in one week?

I guess hes just trying to show that the US government's main interest isn't war... even though it clearly is.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ive been telling you guiys there will be no strike!!!

Plus this is now just breaking: RUSSIA SAYS IT WILL PUSH SYRIA TO PUT CHEMICAL WEAPONS UNDER INTERNATIONAL CONTROL

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Assad understands that the presidents weak political position on this gives him a lot of room. Now with the new Russian plan he will be able to make token gestures without looking like he was pressured by the american administration.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
another 'John Kerryism ' -

Kerry Outlines 'UNBEILEVABLY SMALL' Strike on Syria
Yes, the idiot used those words.
IF it's so unbelievably small ... then why do you need 90 days in the resolution?
IF it's so unbelievably small ... then why do you need B2 bombers and aircraft to fly from CONUS?
IF it's so unbelievably small ... why bother at all??

top topics

join