It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
New to the site, interesting reads so far. My story, well I am a 38 yr old married male, father of two great boys, living in Gulf Breeze, FL. I grew up in the Hudson Valley area of NY and am a witness to the flap of the 80's. I moved to a town built over a effigy mound in 1990, in central OH and did my high school time there.

I am also an Army Veteran, having served from 93-96, and a college graduate w/ a Bachelor's in Criminal Justice and an Associate's in Law Enforcement Technology. I also saw this commercial and thought the subject matter fitting.

edit on 9-9-2013 by bilbohicks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Welcome to the site, you sound extremely interesting. Im sure you'll get a lot more welcomes soon, and possibly cakes and tinfoil hats. Cmon Cody where are you?

Its quiet on ATS when the americans are in bed.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Bilbo

Luckily Cody left me a couple of tin hats, so here is one just for you :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bilbohicks

Hi there Bilbohicks and Welcome to ATS !

Have fun & enjoy !!

Luckily Cody left me a couple of tin hats, so here is one just for you

And Cody also left me this picture...

Please don't ask...

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bilbohicks

Here is that commercial

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hello welcome!
edit on 16-9-2013 by Woodie75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Welcome to the place where seekers of knowledge come - Enjoy the information

Don't wear the tin foil hat, it's what "THEY" want you to do !!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome, heard in the news today that the emergency radios at the Navy Yard were not working. Kind of strange that the shooter complained of microwave transmissions and here the radios are not working. Can't post new thread.

www.firehouse.com...

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- We've got more details after explosive accusations suggest lives could have been spared at the Navy Yard shooting if the first rescuers inside were able to communicate.

We are specifically referring to the U.S. Naval District of Washington Fire and EMS Department and reports that their emergency radios failed them during the Navy Yard shooting incident.

"I would say there is a great likelihood that more lives could have been saved," said Gregory Russell with the National Capital Federal Firefighters. He is the president of the National Capital Federal Firefighters Union. He is also a fire inspector with the U.S. Naval District of Washington Fire, and EMS Department. That's the same department responsible for fire and EMS services at the Navy Yard.

"They were there almost instantly after the call was put out."

And just as fast he says, the troubles in communication among Navy firefighters began. He says the radio's provided to them by the navy failed.

"Immediately upon their arrival they were experiencing radio problems. they were not receiveing and not able to transmit messages to other emergency responders"

He tells us a batallion chief who was the first inside building 197 was trying to report details from inside the shooting scene and set up triage, but couldn't.

"This required the use of a runner. We had to assign a fire captain as a chiefs aide...he would have to go all the way outside of the building to transmit."

The president of this union says he is so fed up with the problem that he is drafting a letter calling for the resignation of all those who had anything to do with the purchase and deployment of these radios.

We asked the union president if there were documents reporting the radio failures. He was able to provide reports from 2010, 2012, and one report from January 2013.

"These poorly functioning radios contributed to the chaos," he said.

WUSA9 reached out to the Regional Fire Chief C.P. Miedzinski by phone. He refused to comment on the matter saying they would e-mail statement to us, but we never receievd that.

top topics

join