It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad world where a child is shot just for playing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
came across this on buzzfeed. just thought that it should get more coverage. hope this guy receives the full of justice on him!

www.buzzfeed.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

Utterly deplorable, I am at a loss for words. Actions yes, words no.
edit on 8-9-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blackthorne

An 8-Year-Old Dallas boy is in a hospital recovering after a 46-year-old man shot him the face while he was playing a game of tag outside his apartment complex. Donald Maiden Jr., who just celebrated his birthday last Sunday, was shot this past Tuesday (September 3) by Brian Cloninger – and police still have yet to determine a motive.
link

I believe this was already covered on ATS a day or so ago - regardless - it’s a crime and a shame.

Peace to the family

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

did a search for it first and didn't see it. if i duplicated it, then sorry!

still, the guy needs to rot at hard labor for the rest of his life!

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Are some people just evil or is it hate or mental illness? Whatever the reason there is no excuse. Somebody needs to execute the s.o.b.

I hope the little boy will be okay.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I used to live in the Like Highlands area near the apartment complex in question back in 1990.
That used to be a fairly safe area and considered a good neighborhood before Royal Lane was extended.
I have to wonder what's happened in that area now, I am completely shocked by this report.
Was the perp's gun was legally possessed, did he had a CHL, did he have a history of violence, was he drunk or DUID? There's no excuse, no possible conceptual basis for shooting this child. I an incensed and enraged about all the sarcastic comments of "standing his ground" to the news reports linked - utter BS.

Per our T&Cs, I can't state what my hopes and desires are for punishment of this perp, but like many of the posters on the CBS and DMN websites I really need to hear the answer to the question "WHY?". I just can't fathom what possibly was going in this guy's mind (if anything).
Let's just say I don't really care what demented reason he had for doing this deed, it is one that must NOT go unpunished.

ganjoa

edit on 9-9-2013 by ganjoa because: /sarcasm

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Time to allow 8 year old kids to buy guns for self defense.

Remember guys, less guns is not the answer. The answer is more guns.
edit on 9/9/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Absolutely horrifying. Children should never have to experience this sort of thing and neither should a parent.

It was a scene that evoked his mother’s worst fears. “When he ran in, I just screamed,” said Latamarin Locklin, Donald’s mother. “His mouth was just hanging off and it was just a big hole,” she said. “ I just threw him on the couch and laid him in my arms and put pressure on his mouth with the towel.”

When Donald Maiden Sr. saw his son at the hospital, he was in a medically-induced coma.

“When I first saw him in ICU, I started crying,” Donald Sr. said. “I just put my head down in his bed and was holding his hand at the same time. And he opened his eyes. And when I raised back up I looked and there were tears rolling down his eyes and it gave me a little bit of spirit in my heart. It was joy, I guess he was kind of happy to know I was there. “

Donald’s parents say their son has a plate in his jaw. While he cannot smile, the boy can wink and nod his head in code when he wants something.

Well at least that is good news. It seems he will survive even if it's going to be a long road to full recovery. Such a cute little guy too.

Maybe if you aren't into prayer you could send some positive thoughts his way.

Link

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My heart goes out to this little boy and his family. You never know from one day to the next what can happen to you. May the child have a quick enough recovery, though he may need some counseling to deal with this afterward.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Only if the child had a gun he could've defended himself. It's his constitutional right as american after all.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm thinking here,we always blame pc games,the net+tv for kids not playing outside like they used to,eg like 40 years ago when I was a kiddie,and later a young teen,when the town/city/countryside was spread out before us+our bicycles like treasure troves waiting to be investigated,we played in streets+climbed trees+rooftops+a young kid like myself could,at the age of 9/10 take a train into the city+wander around all day+return home perfectly safe(except for bones breaking if you fell out of the tree or cuts scrapes+treading on a rusty nail while you ran about like a dervish playing your heart out.
I had the fitness level of an Olympic athlete as a kid,I was as agile+spry as a cat,we all were,from healthy usage of our bodies-from endless exercise-pausing only when asleep or stuck in the schoolroom.

That level of fitness+agility has sustained me all through my life,it gave me an advantage later in life-even after decades of smoking,and a most unhealthy lifestyle for many years as a young adult-its like the body remembers? Like it retains a memory of how to instinctively go into the mode it did when I was a child-i have taken at least 2 falls in the past year that could've,or rather should have,caused a bone breakage/shoulder dislocation-i tripped a few months ago while running full tilt after my daughter while playing.I came down like an ox,against my hubby's parked car-so hard there's a big dent on his side door-then bounced off+hit the ground on that same shoulder and skidded-hard enough to cause scraping on my skin at least.But not a scratch,an ach,a pain or a bruise-the car door got dented though
but I was without a scratch,a single one.My gal came running,horrified,expecting to find me injured or at least scraped+sore-she was stunned that I sustained not even a scratch,or a bruise.
Another time I was running like a bat out of hell after some animal outside,playing silly buggers-and again tripped and came down like an ox-again my daughter saw it,through the kitchen window she was at-and came running out expecting me to maybe be hurt(I'm 48) but the moment I felt myself falling I did a thing with my body,twisted myself into some position I could not replicate consciously trying-like second nature,I just when into that "mode of falling" that causes the least damage on impact-and again,not even a scrape-the body remembers.

But look how I've digressed-what I wanted to say was-these days,with all the sicko's,the perverts+molesters,the serial killers,the child rapists+murderers,just plain all the sick or evil f-wads that seems to have crawled out of the woodwork or has been manufactured in some obscene factory somewhere-it would be in many parts of the world,be criminally negligent to let your kids play outside,alone or even with friends,

The world has become a hostile place for children to live in.Inside they're somewhat safer.In my own country thousands of children has dissapeared over the years,thousands.As in went to the shop 3 blocks/streets away to buy something for their mother-and never seen again.Thousands.

This is not the world I grew up in,so it seems to me-like somewhere along the way we got transferred into some diabolical alternate reality where no child is safe.

top topics

join